Freemasons

Any discussion not related to furry goes in here. Politics, religion, current affairs...this is the place for it.
Splicer-Fox
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Fox fennec springbok thing
Region: Gauteng

Freemasons

Post by Splicer-Fox »

I have met quite a few people who swear they have Freemason acquaintances.
Yet to meet one though.

I believe that a wealthy person (who never was part of such an organisation) just goes to other wealthy people and tells them:
“Hey, I am a free mason!
Want to join? There are benefits.
See the official Freemasons website for more info and get your ring.”

These groups all call themselves Freemasons but there are more than one organisation.
Some big some small.

I think they exist but I am not sure what is being reported is real.
At this point I believe these people think that they are "THEE" Freemasons but really they are like clubs for rich people that think they are bigger than they really are.

So any of you know a Mason?
Raven Song
Stealer of Time
Sexual preference: Other
Species: Shapeshifting Anubian
Region: Other

Re: Freemasons

Post by Raven Song »

My dad is. He got an invite due to being a CEO of a Multimillion Rand corporation and knowing three other members, as well as having a father in the order. So his name was put forward by them. He says it's a load of bullshit and he joined just for the laughs. And good whisky. He likes whisky.

My nan is also a member of the "wives of Masons" club thingy here in the UK because of her husband being a part of the freemasons. He wasn't a member because of money, he was in because of his dad and apparently could trace his heritage back quite far through the order. Anyway she gets to go once a month to a nice dinner they hold for the families of the Freemasons. I have yet to go.

There is a large overorder that sort of controls everything but for the most part it's all just rich guys getting together to drink fancy old alcohol. They don't get to know all the secrets of shit or do anything really decent. But they do pay a small fee that goes into philanthropic work done by the order so that helps.
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist. Pablo Picasso
YoteFox
Species: Arctic Sabre Fox

Post by YoteFox »

I know a free mason personally, I know two of them and yes the organisation does exist in South Africa.

But it's more of a networking opportunity than the believed elitist club, it's how you build professional and influential contacts faster. I am considering joining myself once I have my degree.
I'd rather be fursuiting

Suit up and it will make you feel better
- Pepper Coyote

People get built different. We don't need to figure it out, we just need to respect it. Maybe he likes his company more than I like mine - Princess Bubblegum
Adagio
Warm Hearted
Species: Snow Leopard

Post by Adagio »

I know quite a lot about them. How to spot them. Their "Secret handshake". Their signs, like the most known square and compass. Also quite a few others...
I can tell the order of a mason by the way they greet me...
I also met quite a few...

I also know enough to know to steer clear of them. Yes. It sounds nice to join them. Get contacts.
But once you want to leave, they make it their mission to make sure your business fails.
If your son turns 18, he has to become a mason as-well, otherwise they destroy his opportunity to ever have a decent paying job.
Asbjorn-phoenix
Papa Bear
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: FireBear - Bear Phoenix hybrid

Post by Asbjorn-phoenix »

My dad was never a Mason, but all my other male ancestors were.
There is a Grand Godge in South Africa that oversees all the regional lodges. All Grand Lodges around the world in turn report to one central lodge which I believe is in Scotland (I may be mistaken ). You can contact the Grand Lodge of Scotland to confirm the validity of all the Lodges around the world, this information is actually quite freely available on the net as the Masons are no longer a secret society, but rather just a secretive society. The lodge in Bloemfontein actually had an open day every couple of years where people could see the inside of the lodge and we're given limited information about the society.
You don't have to be invited to join (may have been so in the past but not anymore). You can apply to join, you will then be listed as an initiate member. As an initiate you will be able o attend a limited number of meetings and will be introduced to one or a few members of the lodge you are wanting to join and it is then up to you to prove that you are a worthy individual so that they will sponsor your application which will then in turn go to a vote among lodge members. If you are black balled during the vote your application will be refused.
Last I checked there was a joining fee of around R4000 and an annual membership of around R2000. Don't need to be rich to be a Mason. You will need to have a reasonable amount of money to put together the proper formal Lodge uniform (each lodge has kilts made from different Tartan).
I have all the application forms and information leaflets to join. As I can prove my hereditary and ancestors membership I should not be refused membership if I apply. One of the strangest reasons I may be refused entry into a Lodge is due to the brain surgery I have had, one of the rules of joining is that you must be a "whole person" any amputations or missing digits on hands will result in your not being admitted to a Lodge.

There is an active Mason in the SA furry community.
If you've done nothing wrong you have nothing to fear,
if you've something to hide you shouldn't be here.
Fluke
Tyrant's Eye

Post by Fluke »

A free mason probably wouldn't do a good job, I'd rather pay a proper builder.
Splicer-Fox

Post by Splicer-Fox »

I know quite a lot about them. How to spot them. Their "Secret handshake". Their signs, like the most known square and compass. Also quite a few others...
How does this handshake work?
But once you want to leave, they make it their mission to make sure your business fails.
But it's more of a networking opportunity than the believed elitist club, it's how you build professional and influential contacts faster. I am considering joining myself once I have my degree.
I can see how they would be able to screw you over in business circles.
I just remembered, one of my mothers friends talked about how a Freemason destroyed their business long ago.
Still think that its mental gymnastics.

Had a discussion about Freemason with one of my work acquaintances after posting this.
I used to do work the Round Table here in Joburg which often gets accused of being Freemasons.
My colleague says his sister and mother wants to disown him because they think he is part of the Freemason cult. (I think its because Freemasons might be satanic or something?)

The Round Table is a club where you do charity and get the huge benefit of business contacts in high places. (and drink allot)
Round Table has got some arrogant people with way too much money and power but i doubt they would go out their way to mess with people. (Plausible)
There is a large overorder that sort of controls everything but for the most part it's all just rich guys getting together to drink fancy old alcohol. They don't get to know all the secrets of shit or do anything really decent. But they do pay a small fee that goes into philanthropic work done by the order so that helps.
That explains why Round Table is seen as Freemasons.
Does that mean I was a Freemason all this time?! :o

But is it really that well connected?
Does a freemason in America have the same handshake as one in South Africa?
I get the feeling these clubs think they are more connected than they actually are because of a similar shared culture.

But they were started up individually using the same name for the mystique.
I also have a feeling the secret does not really exist or they surprise you at the end like Scientology
Adagio
Warm Hearted

Post by Adagio »

Like a half a grip, and the knucle they place their thumb on is the order of mason. Fist knuckle, is 0-10, second is 11-20, third is 20-33 I believe.

And from what Ive been told by people. By the time you reach the 20th degree. They are practicing satanism.
How much of this is true, I don't know.
When you stsrt out. They advertise themselves as christians. But by the time you realise this isn't true, you can't leave.

Masonary is everywhere in the world. The only president of America that wasn't a freemason was J.F. Kennedy.
Raven Song
Stealer of Time

Post by Raven Song »

Considering I've dabbled in satanic stuff... No, freemasonry is not satanic. Its just a bunch of men getting together to pretend they are exclusive. They do not worship anyone, Satan or otherwise. They do not sacrifice virgins on a alter, or bunnies for that matter. They do not light black candles and speak tongues in reverse.
Freemasonry is not satanic. It is a cult though, in much the same way as Rocky Horror is a cult.
Adagio
Warm Hearted

Post by Adagio »

And sacrificing bunnies and chanting latin isn't the only way to worship the devil...
Raven Song
Stealer of Time

Post by Raven Song »

Again, without turning this into a religious debate, there is a difference between devil worship and cultism. Paganism isnt devil worship, and yet most people would venture it has many similarities. Which it probably does, but tell a pagan they're doing devil worship and theyll get super upset.

Freemasonry isnt devil worship. Freemasonry is simply a cult.
Splicer-Fox

Post by Splicer-Fox »

You see why this is confusing.
So many different accounts.

On that note.
The modern day Illuminati. (whether or not they exist)
Does the Illuminati have anything to do with Freemasons?
Are they supposed to be the same thing? (That's the impression i get form internet sources)
Raven Song
Stealer of Time

Post by Raven Song »

they arent as far as I know. the freemasons were meant to be decended form the guys that built stuff back in the day (hence why they know stuff about the holy grail etc) and the illuminati are about other secrets and are supposed to primarily American and all about keeping elvis away from us.
Adagio
Warm Hearted

Post by Adagio »

The freemasons and the illuminati are the same thing. They have the same signs and everything. Same drink different flavour.
Illuminati is refference to illuminate in latin I believe? And it stems from this verse in the bible.
2 Corinthians 13For such men are false apostles, deceitful workers, masquerading as apostles of Christ. 14And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light.
Galahad

Post by Galahad »

Yes, hello. Is this the tin foil hat society? I've come to join.

:P
Animew
Banter kitty
Species: Animu cat

Post by Animew »

don't what they do depend on what level they are in the order? like first they have the social club side to canvas out folks with potential then they level you up when you show promise till eventually you are plotting to do deeds with global implications? i've worked for them kinda folks a few times in the past, in fact i'm working for creepy rich people right now... <w< they pay a lot better than any non creepy rich people.
Duck face? i thought they were all just making fart noises when posing for pictures...
jacojerb
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: bunny/fox

Post by jacojerb »

RavenSong wrote: primarily American and all about keeping elvis away from us.
What did Elvis ever do to the Illuminate? o.o Were they behind his death? Did they poison his hamburgers? So many questions...
Mew?
Splicer-Fox

Post by Splicer-Fox »

I think I just found a plausible answer to all this.

This explains the secrecy.
Accusations of rituals and Satanism.

Do you think the higher the level or handshake the more “you know what” they are?

It would be interesting to get reports from YoteFox when he joins up.
(How mutch will he give up to “get a head” in life… Or how much head will he give :P)

RavenSong your dad my have not been orientated enough to advance through the levels.
If he flirted a little more perhaps he could have gotten in a little more
My dad was never a Mason, but all my other male ancestors were.
Explains your genetic disposition for the same gender Asbjorn.
Adagio wrote:And sacrificing bunnies and chanting latin isn't the only way to worship the devil...
Sacrificing hamsters and moaning probably.

I thought that video was funny and I wanted to share it.
He makes some interesting connections.
Animew
Banter kitty
Species: Animu cat

Post by Animew »

jacojerb wrote:Did they poison his hamburgers?
YEEEEEE! you are still around!? ^w^ im so glad to see not ALL the people i know and love have departed this place.
Splicer-Fox wrote:great gay mafia
EEEEUP! if it's not the jews, it’s the gays i tells ya!
Splicer-Fox wrote:Sacrificing hamsters and moaning probably.
/(OAO)\ lemmywinx, noooo! *fwoomp*
Duck face? i thought they were all just making fart noises when posing for pictures...
Raven Song
Stealer of Time

Post by Raven Song »

Here Adagio. A link from a Religious website.

https://www.quora.com/Whats-the-differe ... reemasonry

They. Are. Different.