Search for otherkin and spiritual forums

Any discussion not related to furry goes in here. Politics, religion, current affairs...this is the place for it.
Hargan
Species: Foxeh
Region: Gauteng

Search for otherkin and spiritual forums

Post by Hargan »

Well....

I was going to open a can of worms by placing a topic that was pretty radical, but I realised, well.... I dunno if I wanna go that far on these forums. This topic feels like it'd be better on other forums.

So, I was wondering if people knew of otherkin and other spiritual forums that could help me. In addition, if you can find me a forum for Outsiders, for those not from this universe, this would be a brilliant time to share the link ;3

You're free to post in this topic thread or PM me, but if you have queries about anything I just asked, you're free to ask them here or pm too.

Yeah, this is a lot easier. Also, placed in discussion because I know, I freaking know this is gonna turn into a discussion no matter where I put this, so please guys, I ask that you respect others opinions for now, and sure you can disagree with their beliefs as you wish, but no actual attacking of beliefs, and please do behave in this thread. I will moderate it even more so than Ivic :P
Warning: Has been known to speak his mind

Firm believer in Spiral Power
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Growlithe (pokemon)
Region: Other

Re: Search for otherkin and spiritual forums

Post by Rakuen Growlithe »

o.0 What do you call attacking a belief?
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~
Hargan

Post by Hargan »

Look, disagreeing with a belief is bound to happen. I disagree with a lot of them.

The issue is, being beliefs, and not proven by scientific minds, we know how the drill goes. Hell, I doubt myself at times.

But in this case, I would class outright calling someone's beliefs wrong due to "lack of empirical evidence" or because "it doesn't fit the lines of another's beliefs" an attack. Pushing for questions isn't, though. However, you might wanna be upfront about pushing for questions rather than announce after the fact, as at least that way people understand your intentions.

The issue is, the mere existence of my beliefs in this circumstance could be almost classed as a heavy barrage of opinions onto another's belief system, especially with how humans are generally standing with a: "Only this belief system is true" stance on their beliefs. This is why I viewed this topic too heavy for here, and wish to work with it elsewhere.

Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy

If you say a disagree with a belief you do say it's wrong...
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~
Hargan

Post by Hargan »

Incorrect in my viewpoint.

Disagreeing is fine from my viewpoint because my viewpoint accounts for others having their own viewpoint. No one can see everything at once, sorta thing, so we all see bits and pieces to make up the big picture. Thus, while you may see only the front of the elephant and I see only the back, the fact that I don't see the tusks you see does not make it incorrect that I see a tail if that makes sense?

Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy

Yeah, I know what you mean there but if people see different parts of the elephant and therefore disagree on what they are seeing they will necessarily be calling the other person wrong. If they thought that person's belief was right then they would share that belief. But there's not much point in arguing about arguing about beliefs. At least not here.
~John Stuart Mill~

~John Milton~
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

Hargan wrote:I would class outright calling someone's beliefs wrong due to "lack of empirical evidence" [...] an attack.
I wouldn't call that type of "attack" unreasonable though, in fact to be honest I think it's warranted and even necessary in a lot of cases (e.g. flat-eathers, anti-vaccers, etc). Respecting other beliefs is one thing, but letting stupidity, wilful ignorance, and malicious fabrications proliferate unchallenged doesn't do anyone any good. I'd even say it's healthy to question one's beliefs every now and then.

Anyway this is just a meta comment from me. Carry on.
Hargan

Post by Hargan »

Written while in a bad mood:

Look, people who forsake medical science for belief get what they deserve and what they need. Not a nice way of putting it, but right now, I'm in a bad mood. Secondly, if the world isn't flat, then how can I see Trump's ego from here? :P

Finally, I can't really explain myself further without going further into detail. And as I stated, even in my angered mood, I know this is a can of worms that I just really don't want to deal with. So, at least for me, feel free to argue and when I'm in a better mood, I'll argue back, but right now, I am also still looking for sites and forums.

Also places to log pieces written up on the internet too, now that I think of it

Fluke
Tyrant's Eye

Post by Fluke »

I don't get what you're looking for? Other forums and sites to affirm your made-up beliefs and views on imaginary animal things?
Hargan

Post by Hargan »

No, not to affirm beliefs on any of that. And believe me, if I could avoid doing what I need to, I would.

But no, I need to put up a piece of printed work and throw it out into the net, with as widespread a net as possible. Hence why I need these sites, so I can post links to them

jacojerb
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: bunny/fox

Post by jacojerb »

Here's a useful link: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Otherkin+forum

In the beliefs thing... I feel anyone can believe what they want, if they're not hurting themselves or anyone else through their beliefs.

I've talked to several otherkin. Do I believe it? Definitely no. Do I try to convince them otherwise? Depends how close I am with them

If it's a random stranger on the internet, why argue with him?

If it's a close-ish friend, arguing can be fun ^.^

And in any case, if a person truly believes they were a dragon before they were born, well, psychologically speaking, believing in something so strongly means that, weather it happened or not is kinda irrelevant. As long ss you're fully aware that you're a human now who has to do human things, only sometimes reminisce your past life, all is well...
Mew?
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy

jacojerb wrote:I've talked to several otherkin. Do I believe it? Definitely no. Do I try to convince them otherwise? Depends how close I am with them

I'd generally put it the other way around, especially when if it's a belief that they hold very close. If you piss off random stranger on the internet, who cares? If you push too hard on a friend you could damage that relationship.
~John Stuart Mill~

~John Milton~
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

Unless you specifically seek friends who are open to such discussions, which makes sense to me.
jacojerb
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: bunny/fox

Post by jacojerb »

Rakuen Growlithe wrote:
jacojerb wrote:I've talked to several otherkin. Do I believe it? Definitely no. Do I try to convince them otherwise? Depends how close I am with them

I'd generally put it the other way around, especially when if it's a belief that they hold very close. If you piss off random stranger on the internet, who cares? If you push too hard on a friend you could damage that relationship.
Random strangers on the internet probably dont know that you mean well, while close friends do. Obviously you dont want to push too hard, but it's something worth discussing, and helping the friend with... If the friend considers it an important part of them, but refuses to talk about it, it's not a good friend
Mew?
Hargan

Post by Hargan »

Jacob, I've done the google thing, I'm just looking for more options, ones that google miss, as well as the elusive outsider forum if I can find it.