Feminism Test

Any discussion not related to furry goes in here. Politics, religion, current affairs...this is the place for it.
User avatar
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy
Posts: 6641
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:24 pm
Gender: Male
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Growlithe (pokemon)
Region: Other
Location: Pretoria
Contact:

Re: Feminism Test

#31

Post by Rakuen Growlithe »

Do you ever notice all your examples are based on the US? A country well-known for it's fairly outdated views on many issues, like women. For example, when the question came up on Quora, an Israeli armed forces member (Women have served in the Israeli armed forces for a long time) had absolutely no issue with female soldiers. An American soldier pointed out that female soldiers are worse at some things but better at others and that the main problem with females in the military was interpersonal conflicts, something not unexpected while they are a minor and, apparently, unrespected part of the military. Perhaps more interesting is this piece on Norway which details some issues with females in the military and points out.
According to Hellum, one argument keeps reappearing in the debate concerning female soldiers: If a soldier is wounded on the battlefield, a woman isn’t strong enough to carry him into safety. Therefore, women should not be part of the military.

“Physically strong men are clearly better suited for some types of military service. But both today and in future the Armed Forces will need other types of competence than just physical strength.”

“And how often do Norwegian soldiers find themselves in a situation like that? Apart from a few special forces and a few other battalions, this is not a relevant objection,” says Hellum.

The researcher has been met with the argument several times, but none of her opponents have been able to come up with examples of actual episodes where this has been a problem.

“There are many women in the medical battalion, which is responsible for taking care of wounded soldiers. Paradoxically, they are the ones who carry the wounded soldiers from the battlefield,” she says.
And apparently that objection has been completely dismissed since Norway now has the first all-female special forces unit, which they are very happy with. See hereand here. Women have been in the Norwegian military for around 30 years, far longer than they have been a part of the US military.
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~
User avatar
Sev
Superbike Snow Leopard
Posts: 6596
Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:27 pm
Gender: Male
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: Snow Leopard
Region: Western Cape
Location: A Twisty Road

Re: Feminism Test

#32

Post by Sev »

The unit was started after Norway's Armed Forces' Special Command saw an increased need for female special operations soldiers — particularly in places like Afghanistan where male troops were forbidden from communicating with women. The exclusion of half the population was having a detrimental impact on intelligence gathering and building community relations.
Not to detract from it, but it seems that they would more closely align with an MOS like the Civil Affairs Specialist (38B, what I wanted to train as) than true special forces. Ironically enough, the 38B episode of Starting Strong featured a woman.

User avatar
Franky
The Bad Guy
Posts: 1748
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:32 am
Gender: Male
Sexual preference: Straight
Species: Mortally Challenged Fox
Region: Gauteng
Location: Where bad things happen.
Contact:

Re: Feminism Test

#33

Post by Franky »

results.png
User avatar
Animew
Banter kitty
Posts: 1217
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:45 pm
Species: Animu cat

Re: Feminism Test

#34

Post by Animew »

Sev wrote:
That is meritocracy.

Equality would be "a woman can do everything that a man can."

Feminists consider anything less than preferential treatment to not be "equality".
and THAT folks would be a genuine shining pearl of wisdom. Owo or more accurately a pearl of truth.
wtf20.png
what the hell!? 20%!!!? Where the hell did 20% radical feminism come from!? hmm, i wonder if removing 20% of my brain mass would be fatal... also what’s with the communism and liberal feminism? i'm as chauvinistic as men get! i mean i hate women Owo\ how is that liberal?

as for the womens in the military, i'm actually pretty sure that women can be just as strong physically as males but they normally hold back because they don’t wana look like she hulks... which is a pity since i find that pretty damn hot actually. if a woman can make the grade while being judged to the same standards as males, then they should be allowed to go for it. the snep is right, all power to meritocracy! if you can you should be allowed to, makes sense to me.

<w< wait, sev wanted to join the military? lol dude i have a feeling that we'd get along pretty well if we were to ever run into each other IRL.
Duck face? i thought they were all just making fart noises when posing for pictures...
User avatar
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy
Posts: 6641
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:24 pm
Gender: Male
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Growlithe (pokemon)
Region: Other
Location: Pretoria
Contact:

Re: Feminism Test

#35

Post by Rakuen Growlithe »

Animew wrote:<w< wait, sev wanted to join the military? lol dude i have a feeling that we'd get along pretty well if we were to ever run into each other IRL.
Yeah but when Sev says he wants to join the military, what he really means is.

"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~
User avatar
Galahad
Posts: 1946
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:31 pm
Gender: Male

Re: Feminism Test

#36

Post by Galahad »

I am laughing so hard. Good god, that choice was perfect.
User avatar
Franky
The Bad Guy
Posts: 1748
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:32 am
Gender: Male
Sexual preference: Straight
Species: Mortally Challenged Fox
Region: Gauteng
Location: Where bad things happen.
Contact:

Re: Feminism Test

#37

Post by Franky »

Even those my stats show not really a feminist I disagree, it's more like not really a feminist at all according to todays usage of the phrase and the dumb questions they asked in that test.

Feminism has become a really disgusting man hating philosophy spreading their hate to an overly sensitive community. It's also very convenient bashing men and when criticized they yell: "Oh no this is equality". Their deceiving actions, protests and suchlike also bates people who might need actual support like real rape victims and use them to further their campaignes. It's Sick!

Equality =/= feminism.
User avatar
Animew
Banter kitty
Posts: 1217
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:45 pm
Species: Animu cat

Re: Feminism Test

#38

Post by Animew »

Rakuen Growlithe wrote: Yeah but when Sev says he wants to join the military, what he really means is...
:lol: oh you.
Franky wrote: Feminism has become a really disgusting man hating philosophy spreading their hate to an overly sensitive community. It's also very convenient bashing men and when criticized they yell: "Oh no this is equality". Their deceiving actions, protests and suchlike also bates people who might need actual support like real rape victims and use them to further their campaignes. It's Sick!

Equality =/= feminism.
A-MAN to that brother! It really is a disgusting agenda. I can’t help but wonder if it’s a result of this liberally saturated mainstream way of thinking that’s going around these last few years. I’m all for equality but people are taking this too far and we are getting lots of militant hippies trying to force people into accepting some really bizarre stuff as the norm… like a gay 4 year old… what is up with that?
Duck face? i thought they were all just making fart noises when posing for pictures...
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant
Posts: 7036
Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:23 pm

Re: Feminism Test

#39

Post by Leeward »

I want to disagree with you right there... but unfortunately "might makes right" and all that shit. The word "feminism" used to be about equality, now it's about... misandry and retribution? I don't even know any more.

Yes we actually do need feminism, for the women in the middle east being treated like property, the girls being genitally mutilated in Africa, and countless other atrocities being committed for no reason other than that they're female. We need feminism for the women being denied the right to vote because they're second-class citizens, and women being dismissed and frowned upon in the workplace because they're considered inferior to men because they're irrational and can fall pregnant.

But we don't need feminism because women are assumed to be dumb by mechanics and plumbers, because that's a fair assumption on a purely statistical basis. Those who call themselves feminists and protest against things like assuming gender based on appearance... they just want something to fight about but don't have the balls to fight the real fight.
User avatar
Splicer-Fox
Posts: 1949
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:38 pm
Gender: Male
Species: Fox
Region: Gauteng
Location: Lone Hill, JHB, Gauteng
Contact:

Re: Feminism Test

#40

Post by Splicer-Fox »

Animew wrote: I’m all for equality but people are taking this too far and we are getting lots of militant hippies trying to force people into accepting some really bizarre stuff as the norm
That is how religions are made and empires born.
If there is no one dying for it: That means its not worth fighting for.

Feminism is weird when talking about Islam.
It’s like they have Breatharian levels of denial

2m23s
User avatar
Animew
Banter kitty
Posts: 1217
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:45 pm
Species: Animu cat

Re: Feminism Test

#41

Post by Animew »

Leeward wrote: Yes we actually do need feminism, for the women in the middle east being treated like property, the girls being genitally mutilated in Africa, and countless other atrocities being committed for no reason other than that they're female. We need feminism for the women being denied the right to vote because they're second-class citizens, and women being dismissed and frowned upon in the workplace because they're considered inferior to men because they're irrational and can fall pregnant.
i disagree, the west have long since outgrown the need for feminists, we need more MRA because women have more rights than men as it stands and that’s not equality.
it’s like the previously oppressed seem to think they have the right to oppress others. black folks? "Muh racism!" BEE still going strong... (nuff said) jews? "muh 6 million" kills billions and displaces many more in aggressive expansion. women? "muh patriarchy" brands all men as potential rapists and make them little more than financial hosts in the eyes of the law.

as for islamic women...
cartoon.jpg
why are there no islamic feminists in islamic countries? "because they all get stoned in their home country!"
and how did the west overcome that? well, i for one don’t care enough to know but they did so why is the west always so eager to interfere in the social development of other nations? the west had their chance to figure these things out for themselves so they should stop shoving their conclusions down the throats of other nations.
as for fgm in africa... it’s illegal... but the boys still get their wangs chopped up legally because who the hell cares about boys and their disgusting penisizis right?
"countless other atrocities being committed for no reason other than that they're female" like domestic abuse? oh wait, that happens to guys too... rape? nope, also happens to guys too... um domestic slavery? hmm no wait... also happens to guys too. since these are countless, you'd be able to give us a few examples right Lee?
Splicer-Fox wrote:That is how religions are made and empires born.
\OwO/ i know right! they have us thinking it’s the jews trying to take over the world, but it’s always been the witches of old! they use their unholy magic to turn the world against itself and shift popular opinion to their side! they want to enslave all men even further! but they also seek to enslave the lesser women too! wake up people! the feminazis are just the first wave in a nightmare that will last a thousand lifetimes!
Splicer-Fox wrote:Feminism is weird when talking about Islam.
It’s like they have Breatharian levels of denial
it’s their way of sucking other liberal sympathizers into their machine of man hate.
Duck face? i thought they were all just making fart noises when posing for pictures...
User avatar
Franky
The Bad Guy
Posts: 1748
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:32 am
Gender: Male
Sexual preference: Straight
Species: Mortally Challenged Fox
Region: Gauteng
Location: Where bad things happen.
Contact:

Re: Feminism Test

#42

Post by Franky »

Animew wrote:
Splicer-Fox wrote:Feminism is weird when talking about Islam.
It’s like they have Breatharian levels of denial
it’s their way of sucking other liberal sympathizers into their machine of man hate.
How could extreme SJW lefties? It's the religion of peace.
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant
Posts: 7036
Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:23 pm

Re: Feminism Test

#43

Post by Leeward »

Animew wrote:
Leeward wrote: Yes we actually do need feminism, for the women in the middle east being treated like property, the girls being genitally mutilated in Africa, and countless other atrocities being committed for no reason other than that they're female. We need feminism for the women being denied the right to vote because they're second-class citizens, and women being dismissed and frowned upon in the workplace because they're considered inferior to men because they're irrational and can fall pregnant.
i disagree, the west have long since outgrown the need for feminists
That's why I said "we" as in the whole world. I never said anything about the west specifically needing feminism. Stop putting words in my mouth.
Animew wrote:as for fgm in africa... it’s illegal... but the boys still get their wangs chopped up legally because who the hell cares about boys and their disgusting penisizis right?
"countless other atrocities being committed for no reason other than that they're female" like domestic abuse? oh wait, that happens to guys too... rape? nope, also happens to guys too... um domestic slavery? hmm no wait... also happens to guys too. since these are countless, you'd be able to give us a few examples right Lee?
That's a separate issue altogether. You're being deliberately obtuse. Yes circumcision is bad too, but I would argue that FGM is worse. As for the atrocities that happen to guys too, they should happen to nobody, but they primarily happen to women, and that's why I mentioned them as examples. But if you want only female specific ones, how about pretty much the entirety of Sharia Law regarding women? Stoning for infidelity (but no equivalent for men), having to cover their entire body lest men get aroused by their very presence, not being allowed to do normal things men are, etc.
User avatar
Galahad
Posts: 1946
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:31 pm
Gender: Male

Re: Feminism Test

#44

Post by Galahad »

Leeward wrote:But if you want only female specific ones, how about pretty much the entirety of Sharia Law regarding women? Stoning for infidelity (but no equivalent for men), having to cover their entire body lest men get aroused by their very presence, not being allowed to do normal things men are, etc.
It's my understanding that many self-identified feminists empathize with Islam and its history, decrying any who oppose it as "Islamophobic". [Example 1] [Example 2] Of course, one could simply say that those "aren't real feminists", but then all one is doing is creating a "no true Scotsman" fallacy.

In my opinion, feminism has served its purpose with its first and second waves, and it's time to move on. It is now obsolete at best and inflammatory at worst. For countries with quantifiable and blatant gender discrimination, egalitarianism and humanitarianism are answers, as they cover all forms of abuse and harm, not just those directed at women, which feminism prioritizes.
User avatar
Animew
Banter kitty
Posts: 1217
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:45 pm
Species: Animu cat

Re: Feminism Test

#45

Post by Animew »

Leeward wrote: That's why I said "we" as in the whole world.
Oh! well, i thought you meant "we" is in the west. honest mistake.
Leeward wrote:Stop putting words in my mouth
(/<w<)/ would you let me put other things in your mouth then? \OwO/ like cake!
Leeward wrote:You're being deliberately obtuse.
Owo\ not sure if i'm being called stupid or blunt... but i prefer to be referred to as “a cute” anyway.
Leeward wrote:Yes circumcision is bad too, but I would argue that FGM is worse.
...the boys are starved humiliated and sometimes beaten before they have their foreskins cut off with a used minora blade in full view of their fathers. if they were to flinch or show any signs of pain, they will get disowned by their parents or sometimes beaten to death...

now, admittedly getting your labia minora sliced off by your grandmother sucks too but i think it’s unfair to call it worse than the other… Owo I wonder if they named the razor blades that because of its common use in Africa…
anywho…
Lee as fun as it is pushing your buttons by making vague analogies about this that or the other, the fact of the matter is "feminism" is like BEE... it singles out just one of the two and seeks to improve conditions for just that one. that can never amount to equality no matter how you spin it and it’s by no means the answer to the problem. it’s like the dinosaur said:
Galahad wrote:For countries with quantifiable and blatant gender discrimination, egalitarianism and humanitarianism are answers, as they cover all forms of abuse and harm, not just those directed at women
Duck face? i thought they were all just making fart noises when posing for pictures...
User avatar
Franky
The Bad Guy
Posts: 1748
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:32 am
Gender: Male
Sexual preference: Straight
Species: Mortally Challenged Fox
Region: Gauteng
Location: Where bad things happen.
Contact:

Re: Feminism Test

#46

Post by Franky »

I turned my sister from modern feminism but nearly convinced her to become a MRA by just explaining the wage gap. I'm waiting for an actual SJW type feminist to try that one on me.
User avatar
Splicer-Fox
Posts: 1949
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:38 pm
Gender: Male
Species: Fox
Region: Gauteng
Location: Lone Hill, JHB, Gauteng
Contact:

Re: Feminism Test

#47

Post by Splicer-Fox »

Franky wrote:
How could extreme SJW lefties? It's the religion of peace.
If all your enemies are dead. There will be peace.

It’s all mind games people play with each other in order to satisfy themselves.

If you are a mass murderer, you might become a celebrity with book deals and groupies.
If you once looked at a gay, child or woman funny, every human being feels justified in torturing and killing you.
In the good old days the justification was conveniently religious based.

It’s not about the crime at all.
It’s about how it makes you feel when you hurt someone and be celebrated for it.
You can see the chemical pleasure going through people’s bodies when they pull down a statue or ruin a person’s life and reputation.
Imagine getting a high from burning someone alive?

The feminist (among other groups) Virtue signal and attack because it’s addictive.
But once they taste blood like some of the other groups around them right now.
There will be Feminist Jihad one day.

“I ran toward the fighting with the same excitement, trembling, and thrill as a lover rushing to the beloved.” - Karl Marlantes
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant
Posts: 7036
Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:23 pm

Re: Feminism Test

#48

Post by Leeward »

Animew wrote:getting your labia minora sliced off
That's the best case scenario; it ranges from that to removal of the clitoris and/or stitching shut of the vulva, which has obvious potential for infection due to not being able to properly urinate, menstruate or maintain proper hygiene. Oh and your husband gets to rip the stitches open with his penis on your wedding night. Yay for virgin fetishes!

But you're right, it's not fair to compare the suffering of the one to the suffering of the other. Neither should even happen in the first place.
Animew wrote:the fact of the matter is "feminism" is like BEE... it singles out just one of the two and seeks to improve conditions for just that one. that can never amount to equality no matter how you spin it and it’s by no means the answer to the problem. it’s like the dinosaur said:
Galahad wrote:For countries with quantifiable and blatant gender discrimination, egalitarianism and humanitarianism are answers, as they cover all forms of abuse and harm, not just those directed at women
I have to agree, although I hate to, because it disgraces the name of the feminists of yesteryear such as the suffragettes. It makes me sad that the word "feminism" has turned into such an ugly thing when it used to be synonymous with egalitarianism.
User avatar
BysnhRoach
Posts: 73
Joined: Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:12 am
Gender: Male
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: Human
Region: KZN and Eastern Cape

Re: Feminism Test

#49

Post by BysnhRoach »

Lol I guessed what I would be , and was correct .
Screenshot_2018-01-06-10-34-09.png
My view Regarding feminism. I think its silly to base things on male and female considering the simple fact that there are many more genders than male and female. domination isnt always just by male people, its by people who have power, yes mostly men but if you think about it, ninety percent of the worlds power is held by about five percent of the worlds population. the fact that men hold it is just coincidence. women used to be the dominative race in very ancient times. we should focus on equality for all, not just men and women. all the lovely people inbetween have feelings too.
Last edited by Rakuen Growlithe on Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: merged multiple posts
Insanely Inane
User avatar
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy
Posts: 6641
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:24 pm
Gender: Male
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Growlithe (pokemon)
Region: Other
Location: Pretoria
Contact:

Re: Feminism Test

#50

Post by Rakuen Growlithe »

BysnhRoach wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:37 amI think its silly to base things on male and female considering the simple fact that there are many more genders than male and female.
In other species, yes. In humans, not really.
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~
User avatar
Galahad
Posts: 1946
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:31 pm
Gender: Male

Re: Feminism Test

#51

Post by Galahad »

BysnhRoach wrote:I think its silly to base things on male and female considering the simple fact that there are many more genders than male and female.
Surgeons, forensic anthropologists and anatomists the world over are crying.
Cape_F0X
Light-footed
Posts: 2294
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:35 am
Gender: Male
Sexual preference: Straight
Species: Vulpes chama
Region: Western Cape

Re: Feminism Test

#52

Post by Cape_F0X »

Shut up you two! Aren't you forgetting about those who identify as Apache helicopters?! Image
User avatar
Animew
Banter kitty
Posts: 1217
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:45 pm
Species: Animu cat

Re: Feminism Test

#53

Post by Animew »

Galahad wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:34 am
BysnhRoach wrote:I think its silly to base things on male and female considering the simple fact that there are many more genders than male and female.
Surgeons, forensic anthropologists and anatomists the world over are crying.
there are only two sexes because there are only two choices of genitalia. sure you can have both but your sex is still determined by the Y or the X. there are some that are born with female genitalia then later develop male genitals or those with only one X that have fish flippers and a cloaca... just kidding they have normal girl bits... webbed hands n feet tho...

HOWEVER

gender is a different story as the word seems to be used to describe a culmination of behavior physical attributes and feels. therefor by the large degree to which this can vary there have been many gender classifications popping up. UwU/ since the word itself is just a made up thing to describe what role someone plays in regard to gender interactions, you cant discount all those made up genders because they are equally valid.
Duck face? i thought they were all just making fart noises when posing for pictures...
User avatar
Contrast
Necrotic Neurotic
Posts: 4627
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:06 am
Gender: Male
Sexual preference: Straight
Species: Necrobat
Contact:

Re: Feminism Test

#54

Post by Contrast »

I just see a bunch of Unown. o.O

Image
Read my novel on: SoFurry | Fur Affinity | Deviant Art
User avatar
Galahad
Posts: 1946
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:31 pm
Gender: Male

Re: Feminism Test

#55

Post by Galahad »

Animew wrote:You cant discount all those made up genders because they are equally valid.
I just did, and I do.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
User avatar
BysnhRoach
Posts: 73
Joined: Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:12 am
Gender: Male
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: Human
Region: KZN and Eastern Cape

Re: Feminism Test

#56

Post by BysnhRoach »

im talking about the apache Helicopters and intersex lol. I dont know why they say hermaphrodite is offensive, I find it a beautiful word. surgeons can jump off a cliff for all I care, its mostly a psychologist problem anyway
Insanely Inane
Cape_F0X
Light-footed
Posts: 2294
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:35 am
Gender: Male
Sexual preference: Straight
Species: Vulpes chama
Region: Western Cape

Re: Feminism Test

#57

Post by Cape_F0X »

There's always the Team America three types of people classification : Dicks, Pussies & Assholes.
User avatar
BysnhRoach
Posts: 73
Joined: Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:12 am
Gender: Male
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: Human
Region: KZN and Eastern Cape

Re: Feminism Test

#58

Post by BysnhRoach »

Galahad wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:28 pm
Animew wrote:You cant discount all those made up genders because they are equally valid.
I just did, and I do.

fine by me, as long as you dont be mean to people who feel that it isnt made up.
Insanely Inane
User avatar
Franky
The Bad Guy
Posts: 1748
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:32 am
Gender: Male
Sexual preference: Straight
Species: Mortally Challenged Fox
Region: Gauteng
Location: Where bad things happen.
Contact:

Re: Feminism Test

#59

Post by Franky »

Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant
Posts: 7036
Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:23 pm

Re: Feminism Test

#60

Post by Leeward »

BysnhRoach wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:31 pmsurgeons can jump off a cliff for all I care
Enjoy dying of appendicitis then.
Post Reply