The Furry Stoners Thread

Any discussion not related to furry goes in here. Politics, religion, current affairs...this is the place for it.
Franky
The Bad Guy
Sexual preference: Straight
Species: Mortally Challenged Fox
Region: Gauteng

The Furry Stoners Thread

Post by Franky »

So in light of recent news I believe this thread is acceptable now. I'm planning on growing my own Mary J. Still need to start setting up, obtain seeds and do some research. My closest contact for seeds is in kempton. Blegh...

Anywho share your plants processes and stuffs here. Pics to come soon. 8-)
jacojerb
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: bunny/fox

Re: The Furry Stoners Thread

Post by jacojerb »

I thought they have like 24 months to impliment it... At least, that's what I read. That implies it's not yet implemented... So, yeah. Give it a bit longer :P
Mew?
Franky
The Bad Guy

Post by Franky »

Possetion and use at home is ruled it'll take 24 months to amend the medical and trafficking stuff. After that we might be legally buying.
Valerion
Alpha Wolf
Species: Werewolf

Post by Valerion »

Let us first see what changes are actually made to legislation. I'll say that for now, we'll limit discussion to personal, non-shared use only. I would recommend against discussion for now, though, because we don't yet know where we need to draw the line.

While I personally have never used it, I do applaude the ruling and hope that Parliament takes it in the right direction.
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Growlithe (pokemon)
Region: Other

Post by Rakuen Growlithe »

This is half my Facebook feed from South Africa. The other half is Zuma consolidating power and removing any possible opposition.
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~
Galahad

Post by Galahad »

CLICK - The Constitutional Court has to approve the motion to legalize marijuana and then Parliament has to amend the law, before it can be considered legal. This may take some time.

In the meantime, I believe we have far more pressing national matters currently unfolding...
Franky
The Bad Guy

Post by Franky »

Yes the law needs to be ammended there is nothing in it, so a process was implamented today, but prosecution for personal possesion of cannabis by an adult for personal use is in the intrim unconstitutional.
B.PNG
C.PNG
Last edited by Rakuen Growlithe on Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited to better fit forum rules on what discussions are acceptable.
jacojerb
Species: bunny/fox

Post by jacojerb »

The country might be going down the drain, but at least we can get high :P
Mew?
Zelian
Sexual preference: bi-mostly straight
Species: Ssol-Arian lizard

Post by Zelian »

Scalie stoner over here! Man i cant believe that we are now officaly allowed to use weed for personal use! and we are even allowed to grow it at home! like whoa!
The peaceful reptilian hermit.

My youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXK0ix ... B25dLzYaHQ
Zelian
Sexual preference: bi-mostly straight
Species: Ssol-Arian lizard

Post by Zelian »

Franky wrote:Possetion and use at home is ruled it'll take 24 months to amend the medical and trafficking stuff. After that we might be legally buying.

It would be so neat if i can like buy a packet of cannabis at the tobacco counter or in the bottle store! it would be wise to do this as it will stop drug dealers selling this to minors and will have less dealers on the streets.. wel unless they start selling other shit, but i doubt the weed dealers would resort to that. those other drugs are really expensive and hard to get. imagine buying a packet of Marlblaro or cannabliss, or a few bong hits XD. i am really exited about this, even though its still quite recent and future still undecided, its progress, a more open minded look. Even the rasta said the laws are outdated on this. but anyways!
Last edited by Rakuen Growlithe on Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited to better fit forum rules on what discussions are acceptable.
The peaceful reptilian hermit.

My youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXK0ix ... B25dLzYaHQ
Sudan Red
Species: Lion

Post by Sudan Red »

*cough* I don't want to be a party pooper, but Police officer here... In the words of my colleague:
This is another clear example how the media can missinform the public. The reports on the legalisation of marijuana use, may cause people to be arrested while thinking they are acting perfectly legal.

In layman's terms:
Nothing has been legalised yet. High court can't change legislation. Parliament has now got 24 months to amend the sections of the acts involved. They will first ask for judgement from the Constitutional Court on today's ruling, as the High court ruled that the current relevant acts, are unconstitutional in certain areas where the right to privacy is concerned. The only difference today's ruling made, is that it can be used as a defense in court, after being charged. One can still be arrested, as the current laws have not been amended yet. Makes complete sense.

So, put those bongs away for now......
Unless discussing illegal activities is acceptable on this forum, I'd keep discussions away from the procurement, cultivation or use of dagga.
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

Why would cops even bother arresting someone if they've got a solid defence in court? That seems like wasting everybody's time to me.
Valerion
Alpha Wolf

Post by Valerion »

After reading some comments here, I will say the following:
  • Discussion about legalisation, allowed
  • Discussion about the pros and cons, allowed, but be careful of a flamewar
  • Discussion about the ruling, allowed
  • Discussion about your own or someone else's use - not allowed, pending a formal declaration from the Constitutional Court and/or the Government.
Right now the consensus seems to be that it is still illegal, but prosecution will be hard, if not impossible for personal use. Dealing is definitely out, and not protected by this ruling. However, I am not a lawyer and cannot dispense legal advice.

If it is declared legal, I will revise this and allow discussion within that framework and the stated limits.

Just to mention this, if it was completely up to me we'd be discussing this completely freely, but I do have a responsibility to protect the forum members.
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

Oh noes, Sudan is going to run over and arrest Franky and Zelian! :o
Sudan Red
Species: Lion

Post by Sudan Red »

Leeward wrote:Why would cops even bother arresting someone if they've got a solid defence in court? That seems like wasting everybody's time to me.
It is by far not a "solid defence". It is just *a* defence in the same way that bare denial is a defence. There are all kinds of qualifiers mentioned ("private use", "own home", "adult persons") which anyone with experience of the law should be very leery of until they are legally defined & put into context.

And Lee, your comment that I would willfully persecute/prosecute any member of this forum is hurtful & divisive.
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

Sudan Red wrote:And Lee, your comment that I would willfully persecute/prosecute any member of this forum is hurtful & divisive.
I was making fun of Valerion, not you, by making that ridiculous suggestion.
Last edited by Leeward on Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy

We've had drama about this topic in the past when things were clearer. Now things are a lot more confused because the court seems to be saying the law is wrong and must be changed but it isn't actually changed yet which is potentially misleading. I take from Val's post that this should remain, it is an important discussion, just please bear in mind the conditions for such discussions.
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

Well just FYI:
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy

I have edited some posts in this thread to err on the side of caution.
~John Stuart Mill~

~John Milton~
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy

Well I suppose this quite timeous (a word my browser tells me is misspelled but which Merrian-Webster tells me is primarily used in Scotland and South Africa) and relevant here. It's John Oliver talking about marijuana in the US where it has its own ambiguity. Many states have no legalised it but it is still illegal under federal law.

~John Stuart Mill~

~John Milton~
Valerion
Alpha Wolf

Post by Valerion »

The MCC have published draft guidelines for medical marijuana. Draft, so subject to change.

http://www.mccza.com/documents/84a71af6 ... omment.pdf
Franky
The Bad Guy

Post by Franky »

Update.
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

Baz
Species: Saber tooth Cat

Post by Baz »

Its seems this is the way the world is heading. Only found out that some states in the US its legal after I saw Elon Musk having a puff on a live stream.
Splicer-Fox
Species: Fox fennec springbok thing

Post by Splicer-Fox »

So people can talk about this, if it is for personal use?
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy

From what I can tell, yes. Discussion of personal use of marijuana is okay. As far as I understand the Constitutional Court has put stay on prosecutions for it and told parliament it has to be legal and they have two years to come up with the details. It seems like in the meantime, what constitutes personal use is going to be at the police's discretion.
~John Stuart Mill~

~John Milton~
Contrast
Necrotic Neurotic
Species: Necrobat

Post by Contrast »

My mother is already lamenting the whole thing. The school already has a problem with kids showing up to class stoned off their gourds, and now it'll only get worse. (She teaches 3rd grade, by the way.)
Read my novel on: SoFurry | Fur Affinity | Deviant Art
Splicer-Fox
Species: Fox fennec springbok thing

Post by Splicer-Fox »

This is my setup:
IMG-20180422-WA0010.jpg
IMG-20180824-WA0001.jpg
Growing Amnesia Haze and Durban Poison since I am fond of those.
Next grow will be Purple Afghan.
Contrast wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:03 am My mother is already lamenting the whole thing. The school already has a problem with kids showing up to class stoned off their gourds, and now it'll only get worse. (She teaches 3rd grade, by the way.)
I have heard that Americans have been using THC as an alternative to ADHD medicine.
Perhaps this is why kids are appearing in schools line this? (Or not)
Contrast
Necrotic Neurotic
Species: Necrobat

Post by Contrast »

Splicer-Fox wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:02 am I have heard that Americans have been using THC as an alternative to ADHD medicine.
Nah, they just wanna drink and get high and stab each other with scissors. And yes, I'm still talking about 3rd graders.
Read my novel on: SoFurry | Fur Affinity | Deviant Art
Ryall
Spotted Scallywag
Species: Hyena

Post by Ryall »

Contrast wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:30 pm
Splicer-Fox wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:02 am I have heard that Americans have been using THC as an alternative to ADHD medicine.
Nah, they just wanna drink and get high and stab each other with scissors. And yes, I'm still talking about 3rd graders.
But Contrast, I was also using drugs and attempting murder in Grade 3, weren't you? It is good to learn and try new things from a young age. 😜

Wow, that is actually shocking. It's nice that the adults of those communities are setting good examples for their children: no doubt they have a bright future ahead of them. There's no ways drugs or alchohol could affect the cognitive development or education of 8 year olds.
Hahaha! :lol: