Fairness of South African Tax system

Any discussion not related to furry goes in here. Politics, religion, current affairs...this is the place for it.
Randall
Species: Funambulus palmarum (Squirrel)
Region: Gauteng

Re: Fairness of South African Tax system

Post by Randall »

Well people known to me have gotten away with it for a long time.
Have you heard the story I tell people of the secret compartment he built into his factory to hide the Ferrari and Bentleys?

It's called running two sets of books and having 30+ close corporations to funnel your income through
Sudan Red
Sexual preference: Straight
Species: Lion

Post by Sudan Red »

You can report such activities. :) #revenge
YoteFox
Species: Arctic Sabre Fox

Post by YoteFox »

The aftermath of cooking books isn't worth it, we are told this in UNI as student accountants. You lose everything including credibility, you might never get a job again.

SAICA Code of professional conduct governs this, as an accountant you are sworn to conduct as a professional by following this code. If you are found in violation of this code you are no longer allowed to be called a CA(SA). You will be stripped of your rank and will lose all credibility.

For your reading pleasure
https://www.saica.co.za/Portals/0/Techn ... onduct.pdf

Yes there are allot of... Old school accountants who get away with their wonderful creative accounting and at my university creative accounting is a sort of an insider joke which refers to students doing so bad, they do good. But let me tell you, every dog has its day. With the new RA(SA) regulations being what they are, creative accountants days are numbered, all creative book cooking is eventually caught out somehow. Hence it's not worth it.
I'd rather be fursuiting

Suit up and it will make you feel better
- Pepper Coyote

People get built different. We don't need to figure it out, we just need to respect it. Maybe he likes his company more than I like mine - Princess Bubblegum
Splicer-Fox
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Fox fennec springbok thing

Post by Splicer-Fox »

The wealthier you can make people in the long term, the more money you can tax.
It’s a strategy that does not seem to be implemented. ( especially if your taxmen have a limited time in power )

"The only two certainties in life are death and taxes." ~ Mark Twain
Randall
Species: Funambulus palmarum (Squirrel)

Post by Randall »

My case stands. I know them, I know who they are, they roll in the deep of the green dollar, but it seems taxes are not an issue for them.
Sev
Superbike Snow Leopard
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: Snow Leopard
Region: Western Cape

Post by Sev »

At least you get tax relief for medical aid.
They should extend that to private education as well; that would go a long way to making things feel more fair.
Franky
The Bad Guy
Sexual preference: Straight
Species: Mortally Challenged Fox

Post by Franky »

Obsidian wrote:
Sev wrote:Progressive tax rates are a must, because otherwise the super wealthy just snowball (even more so that they already are).

Trump wants to lower the tax rate on the super rich in the US from 39% to 33%. This absolutely infuriates me, because it'll end up meaning that I pay the same tax rate as billionaires, which feels distinctly unfair.
How would paying the same percent on tax as someone else be unfair?
Kinda like a billionaire owning numerous sports cars not getting affected by a R500 speeding fine is in my honest opinion still unfair. Or a murderer getting away in court cause he/she could pay for a ridiculously expensive lawyer. You shouldn't be able to use wealth to get on top of the law. And law should affect everyone equally, no matter how rich they are. Percentage wise it makes sense looking at it from a vague perspective but not a growing economical one that benefits citizens.