Need Help Getting My Drivers Licence

Any discussion not related to furry goes in here. Politics, religion, current affairs...this is the place for it.
THE CORINTHIAN
Silent Stalker
Sexual preference: bi-mostly straight
Species: CHIMERA\HYBRID
Region: Gauteng

Need Help Getting My Drivers Licence

Post by THE CORINTHIAN »

Hi this is something that I need some help with Ive got the book & I still need to get my learners licence, & after that my drivers. BUT Im haveing some trouble concerteating on the book for my learners.

If there is anyfur out there that lend me a paw or give me any advice at all I would realy love that.

Becides the sooner that I get my drivers the sooner I can start meeting furs & going to furmeets ;) I would realy realy love meet as many furs a possible ;)

So can anyfur please help me beffor I cry :cry:
Im 60% Jaguar with 30% Dragon, 10% wolf & 100% HOT
A paladin warrior
May be inactive cause I lack proper internet
Chocolate the only thing I can never say no to
anoyomouse
Sexual preference: Bi-mostly gay
Species: Brown House mouse

Re: Need Help Getting My Drivers Licence

Post by anoyomouse »

Well, having written the learners 4 times, and passing it all four times, i guess i can help with that.

it's a relatively easy test, but you need to know at least the basics of driving, and know your road signs, all of which are in the book,

Watch people as they drive, and the road signs as they drive, and pick things up.
~~~(___^> *squeak*
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Growlithe (pokemon)
Region: Other

Post by Rakuen Growlithe »

I passed learners 2/2. It's easy if you read the book. Don't watch people drive because they all do it wrong. Advice is just sit down and read the book.

As for driver's I haven't passed that yet because the test is designed by assholes and is weighted against you by a huge amount.
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~
Victor
Sexual preference: Straight
Species: Tataur (feline taur)

Post by Victor »

If you can drive, get a driving school and pay for a few clases. Use the driving schools car to do the test.

The driving school knows what to teach and what attention needs to be paid to. Using driving school car at the time of the test shows that you got proper training.

I've been driving cars since even before I could reach the peddles. Was living on a plot. When time came to do my learners, had to get it twice before I did my drivers. Got 3 lessons from a driving school and did the test with their car.
http://victor.furryplace.eu
“Conquests will come and go but this work will endure.”
.......................................................Napoleon 1806
[/size]Tataur Homepage ..... ..... FurAffinity ..... SoFurry ..... ..... ZAFur Map ..... FurryMap ..... ..... FurryMate ..... Pounced
Dualsa
Species: Blue Point Siamese or Husky
Region: KZN and Eastern Cape

Post by Dualsa »

I agree with Victor here. I got my Learners first time, and my Drivers second time (stuffed up the parking first time due to nerves). For getting the learners, just learn the book, it's really simple stuff. As for the Drivers test, just get a few lessons with a driving school, and you'll be fine. The only really difficult stuff is the parking, the rest is intuitive...you know...keep to the speed limit, stay on your side of the road, check before you turn, etc.

It's really not a hard test, people just make it up to be more than it is. I know I messed up so badly in my first test because my nerves had built up so much from what other people told me. All you actually have to do is go and drive. The people doing the testing aren't going to kill you or anything like that. It's not like they're specifically against you, they're neutral entities in the test. They even stressed that for me before I did mine.

Anyway, good luck : P
Back after a long absence! Sometimes Siamese, sometimes Husky. Can't blame me for indecision, just gief me feesh :V
Hargan
Species: Foxeh

Post by Hargan »

My hint:

Play Need for Speed or another racing sim. Helped me pass my learners easily.

But yes, the test is a very simple straightforward logic induced test as everyone else seems to have been saying. i wouldn't worry too much about writing the test.

Getting a booking to sit the test may prove a much more difficult task however.
Warning: Has been known to speak his mind

Firm believer in Spiral Power
Electrocat
Die Tiger van die Baai
Species: African Tiger
Region: KZN and Eastern Cape

Post by Electrocat »

Failed the learners test three times (was still in school), passed the fourth and fifth time (bike first, then car)

All I can say is, read those questions carefully, as some of the answers sound very similar. I read the Afrikaans and English questions/answers on it to make sure I understood it well.
Justice, glory and bitches - in that order.
Sticky_Fingers
Sexual preference: Bi-mostly gay
Species: brown bear
Region: Western Cape

Post by Sticky_Fingers »

I think the best advice is still going to a driver and learner instructor or tutor. They give you tips and easy ways to remember things. Plus you can actaully mark yourself and learn from your mistakes before it costs you more money.
Just your average internet denizen with a strange name and dreams of becoming a game developer. Catch me on FA: stickyfingers