Questions about the nature of sexuality

Any discussion not related to furry goes in here. Politics, religion, current affairs...this is the place for it.
Fluke
Tyrant's Eye
Region: Other

Re: Questions about the nature of sexuality

Post by Fluke »

I have stated before it's not illegal to discuss illegal activities (muh free speech, etc.), but it's their forum - their rules. So I don't mind it being halted/deleted.
Valerion
Alpha Wolf
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: Werewolf
Region: Gauteng

Post by Valerion »

Come to IRC when I am on and have time, and I will debate the reasons for the rule with you. This is one rule I will strictly apply here, though.
Adagio
Warm Hearted
Sexual preference: Other
Species: Snow Leopard

Post by Adagio »

If you're gonna remove that rule... Please keep it instated on the non yiffy forums...

I've had numerous people complain about this thread before it was locked...
Randall
Species: Funambulus palmarum (Squirrel)

Post by Randall »

Leeward wrote:I'm just going to once again reiterate that I think that that rule is retarded and that there should be a workaround. An anonymous area perhaps?

Anyway, I think it's a real pity that some people adamantly believe that they should be ashamed of themselves because they happen to be a certain way that happens to be a minority.
I agree on both points.

Anonymous area gets my vote. Such are standard protocol on many other sites I frequent. Hell it already gets done for venting and support.

Secondly, being ashamed is wrong. This is still the legacy in this country unfortunately, having to feel ashamed about sexuality... Really? how sad.
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Growlithe (pokemon)

Post by Rakuen Growlithe »

Randall wrote:Anonymous area gets my vote. Such are standard protocol on many other sites I frequent. Hell it already gets done for venting and support.
...That's not what anonymous means...
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~
Valerion
Alpha Wolf

Post by Valerion »

Leeward wrote:I'm just going to once again reiterate that I think that that rule is retarded and that there should be a workaround. An anonymous area perhaps?

Anyway, I think it's a real pity that some people adamantly believe that they should be ashamed of themselves because they happen to be a certain way that happens to be a minority.
No. No discussions about this, anonymous or otherwise. I do not want it associated with the forum. I cannot control how people view the fandom outside this, but I can control whether outside forces can use what is posted here out of context. And I will not embroil the forum in that or be a party to that.

Adagio wrote:If you're gonna remove that rule... Please keep it instated on the non yiffy forums...

I've had numerous people complain about this thread before it was locked...
To get me to remove this rule would take more than a loss at a debate. I have very strong reasons to keep it in place across the forum.

But this discussion is off-topic.
Randall
Species: Funambulus palmarum (Squirrel)

Post by Randall »

Rakuen Growlithe wrote:
Randall wrote:Anonymous area gets my vote. Such are standard protocol on many other sites I frequent. Hell it already gets done for venting and support.
I meant hidden from view... i.e. members only area. Shoot me with your gun while you are at it.

Just one thing, I don't think it is illegal to debate about the topics that refer to illegal acts. If you cannot talk about it, it simply smacks of good old censorship. Debate/dissection != support.
If that was the case then they wouldn't be allowed to talk about that in the media either or report on it.

I unfortunately cannot remember what the thing was the deleted posts, but at any one time I did not find anything offensive, it was more a debate.
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Growlithe (pokemon)

Post by Rakuen Growlithe »

We are not saying that the discussion itself is illegal. The topic is illegal and for some topics which are particularly emotionally charged, allowing such debate can put the forum and/or users at risk. Considering the current social situation, we do not think that the benefits of that discussion outweigh the potential risks and we are not prepared to jeopardise everything that we have worked to create. If you want to discuss those reasons in more depth then feel free to contact me or val directly but this rule has, with varying degrees, existed since the formation of the forum and there is no plan to change that in the foreseeable future.
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~
Valerion
Alpha Wolf

Post by Valerion »

Randall wrote:
Rakuen Growlithe wrote:
I meant hidden from view... i.e. members only area. Shoot me with your gun while you are at it.

Just one thing, I don't think it is illegal to debate about the topics that refer to illegal acts. If you cannot talk about it, it simply smacks of good old censorship. Debate/dissection != support.
If that was the case then they wouldn't be allowed to talk about that in the media either or report on it.

I unfortunately cannot remember what the thing was the deleted posts, but at any one time I did not find anything offensive, it was more a debate.
On this, I will apply censorship, if you want to see it as such. And I have my reasons for doing so. And I will tell you about it if you ask me in the correct forum (as in place where debates are held). This is not it.

Ask yourself these two question first: I am fundamentally opposed to censorship of any kind. I find book burnings to be one of humanity's greatest crimes. I will allow debate on almost any topic on the forum. Why would I censor this discussion?
What does a judge do when he encounters a law he is fundamentally opposed to, but is clearly and unambiguously written down?

Answer these, and you may have an idea of why I do it.