ZAFur Accounts Hacked

Any discussion not related to furry goes in here. Politics, religion, current affairs...this is the place for it.
Ryall
Spotted Scallywag
Species: Hyena
Region: Gauteng

ZAFur Accounts Hacked

Post by Ryall »

Hi all. By now most of you will have seen viewtopic.php?f=22&t=3911 .

I have just been on the phone to Rakuen Growlithe this morning, recovering my account.

At 03:48AM this morning, ZAFur's login database was compromised. The hackers gained access to usernames, passwords, and email addresses. I recommend all of you change passwords now.

So far, the attacker has logged into my account, and used it to make posts and send PMs. Judging by the posts, I believe the attacker also gained access to StargazingSerpent.

If you fear your account has also been compromised, or you have any concerns, please direct all queries in PMs to the community reps, Leeward, Ivic-Wulfie, and Adagio.

Also, please advise your fellow furries and contacts to also change their ZAFur login details. If the password you use for your email address is the same as your ZAFur password, you should also change that password.

Thanks!
Hahaha! :lol:
Galahad

Re: ZAFur Accounts Hacked

Post by Galahad »

Someone appears to be posting under my username.
I keep having to edit my posts. Something is going on here.
Cape_F0X
Light-footed
Sexual preference: Straight
Species: Vulpes chama
Region: Western Cape

Post by Cape_F0X »

You guys are crying Wolf... And I am not just saying that to throw the scene of a possible hacker.

Edit: How would a hacker find the most influential member? Largest number of posts? Just asking.
Randall
Species: Funambulus palmarum (Squirrel)

Post by Randall »

I have seen this before, on phpBB bulletin boards.
So unless proof is offered to the contrary, I will take it on an as-is basis.

And, FWIW, this is the reason why people purchase VBulletin instead. Free != regular security updates/reviews
Ryall
Spotted Scallywag

Post by Ryall »

Hahaha Raven. :lol:

Yes, who WOULD pull a prank like this on April Fool's day? :P

Okay, it's 12PM. Fun's over!

APRIL FOOLS!

My posts were completely ridiculous, and way out of character for me. :lol:

Sev I am surprised you didn't catch on immediately! Randall is new, and so at least he has an excuse. You were the first poster on my 2014 April Fool's joke! :D

My first April Fool's joke (2012): viewtopic.php?f=53&t=1430&hilit=furry+wedding

My second April Fool's joke (2014): viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2646&hilit=canada

No hard feelings, chaps! It was all fun. :)

EDIT: This forum hack post was just a spin-off on my April Fool's joke about leaving to join a monastery. :) Refer to link in OP.
Ryall
Spotted Scallywag

Post by Ryall »

Cape_F0X wrote:You guys are crying Wolf... And I am not just saying that to throw the scene of a possible hacker.

Edit: How would a hacker find the most influential member? Largest number of posts? Just asking.
Sorry Cape_F0X, I only cry wolf on April Fool's day. Mostly. :)
Raven Song
Stealer of Time
Sexual preference: Other
Species: Shapeshifting Anubian
Region: Other

Post by Raven Song »

Yeah! and why would they hack Ryall when I have the highest post count... he's number 9 on the list... such random...
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist. Pablo Picasso
Sev
Superbike Snow Leopard
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: Snow Leopard

Post by Sev »

Must have been because of the timezone differences. I think that it was still the previous day on my side.

And I knew that your account had not been hacked, so this thread would have given you up immediately.
Ryall
Spotted Scallywag

Post by Ryall »

Sev wrote:Must have been because of the timezone differences. I think that it was still the previous day on my side.

And I knew that your account had not been hacked, so this thread would have given you up immediately.
Yes, but far more absurdly, you actually thought I was considering becoming a monk. :P

When in 2014 you laughed at Leeward, for thinking I might leave to go to Canada, which is not very far-fetched and partly based in truth.
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Growlithe (pokemon)

Post by Rakuen Growlithe »

Perhaps this whole situation should be dropped.
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~
Sev
Superbike Snow Leopard

Post by Sev »

Ryall wrote:
Sev wrote:Must have been because of the timezone differences. I think that it was still the previous day on my side.

Yes, but far more absurdly, you actually thought I was considering becoming a monk. :P

When in 2014 you laughed at Leeward, for thinking I might leave to go to Canada, which is not very far-fetched and partly based in truth.
WHAT?!?!??!?!

Not on your life.

I thought that you were leaving the forum / fandom. That is all.
Ryall
Spotted Scallywag

Post by Ryall »

Hehe. :P
Still pretty bizarre that I would spin such an absurd story just to leave the forum. I like it here, and while I come and go, I would be honest if I intended to leave properly. :)
Sev
Superbike Snow Leopard

Post by Sev »

Not really, I took it as "I've been here for quite a while now, and I want to condense all of my ridiculousness into a single post, so that generations to come can see it and know what a mangy hyena I was".
Ryall
Spotted Scallywag

Post by Ryall »

LOL! :lol:
Fine Sev, I will let it slide this time... :P
Sev
Superbike Snow Leopard

Post by Sev »

The fact that you guys actually thought that I fell for the whole monk thing is frankly insulting. I was also pretty pissed at Milk for Brains.
Cape_F0X
Light-footed
Sexual preference: Straight
Species: Vulpes chama

Post by Cape_F0X »

*Gasp*
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

Sev wrote:The fact that you guys actually thought that I fell for the whole monk thing is frankly insulting. I was also pretty pissed at Milk for Brains.
As I said in the other thread, I didn't think you believed the monk thing. What is there to be pissed at about? There's no need for name-calling.
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Growlithe (pokemon)

Post by Rakuen Growlithe »

April Fools is over and I don't think we are benefiting from arguing and name calling. If people have issues with one another, discuss it with that person specifically through a PM or whatever messaging system you prefer. And if anyone can really not get along then just don't interact with that person.

For next year; please just see April Fools as peoples' light hearted attempts at humour. If you fall for a prank, accept it and move on. If you do prank someone, be sensitive that not everyone who falls for it will take it well.
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~