Nuke your city.

Any discussion not related to furry goes in here. Politics, religion, current affairs...this is the place for it.
Franky
The Bad Guy
Sexual preference: Straight
Species: Mortally Challenged Fox
Region: Gauteng

Nuke your city.

Post by Franky »

Interesting thing I found online. Nukemap.

It shows the radial extent of the damage caused by nuclear warheads with adjustable Yield and height of detonation.

Johannesburg Hiroshima Simulation

This is a 15 Kiloton A-Bomb at 580m in the air. The fallout is minimum but the radiation area can be seen in the green circle at a smaller radius than the 5 psi airblast. The fireball is about 3.5 rugby fields in diameter while The heat radius is still at 1.91 km. This is a big frekin explosion.

Now for the scary monster.

October 30th 1961, drunk crazy Russians detonated a H-bomb with a yield of 50 megaton. This is the equivalent of putting 50 million tonnes of TNT together and suddenly blowing it up. It is the largest man made explosion recorded to date and remember, 1961. Who knows wtf the world has today.

The test along with most of the testings done was a communication method more than actual testing. It was literally meant to prove a countries potential to the other. It was even stated after Tsar Bomba that the US asked Russia "but why the hell did you do it?" The answer was. "To show you we can!"

Here is a 50MT H-Bomb at 4km in heigh over Johannesburg CBD.

:shock:

The blast fireball literally engulfs the entire CBD where thermal radiation (heat) can be felt as far as Vanderbijlpark. 21km from the epicenter the shock wave is still at 5psi basically enough to collapse houses and it'll dissipate from there to further shattered windows and knocking over weak structures over a higher radius.

Just thought some people might be interested.
Raven Song
Stealer of Time
Sexual preference: Other
Species: Shapeshifting Anubian
Region: Other

Re: Nuke your city.

Post by Raven Song »

I'd be safe if the Hiroshima bomb went off in London...
I'd still be safe if the 550kt Ivy King went off in London...
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist. Pablo Picasso
Obsidian
Species: Dragon

Post by Obsidian »

Oh I think the Film Theorists used this when they were showing how Batman wasted time and killed Gotham.
It does not do to leave a live dragon out of your calculations, especially if you live near him.

Always be yourself..... Unless you can be a Dragon, then always be a Dragon
Neon
Species: Huskeh
Region: Other

Post by Neon »

This.
This fascinates me. A while back I had a thought to find something like this, but never really got around to it. Thanks Inpw, I'm gonna be playing around with this website for a while :)
Franky
The Bad Guy
Species: Mortally Challenged Fox

Post by Franky »

Tsar bomba was designed to be a 100MT piece of madness. But the plane wouldn't have gotten away from the blast. O.o