Pro-gun American Mom Shot By Son

Any discussion not related to furry goes in here. Politics, religion, current affairs...this is the place for it.
Ryall
Spotted Scallywag
Species: Hyena
Region: Gauteng

Pro-gun American Mom Shot By Son

Post by Ryall »

Oh the irony, it's too delicious! :lol:
The mom's okay now, but I wonder which hurt more: the bullet, or the embarrassment? :P
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... truck.html
On the bright side, at least the mom didn't accidentally shoot her child, and at least nobody was killed. :)
Hahaha! :lol:
Cape_F0X
Light-footed
Sexual preference: Straight
Species: Vulpes chama
Region: Western Cape

Re: Pro-gun American Mom Shot By Son

Post by Cape_F0X »

Did somebody said something about moms and guns?
Attachments
DSCN1613.JPG
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

Damn those irresponsible morons to hell. They give a bad name to all gun owners, including the responsible ones. You simply cannot teach firearm safety to a 4-year-old, they can't possibly grasp the implications. Leaving a gun within the kid's reach is the retarded cherry on the cake.
Sev
Superbike Snow Leopard
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: Snow Leopard

Post by Sev »

Reminds me of the time that the leader of an anti helmet rally was killed during the rally. Had he been wearing a helmet, he would have easily survived.

And, yes, Miss Moo, this is a perfect case of morons ruining it for the rest of us.
Cape_F0X
Light-footed

Post by Cape_F0X »

Did anybody here watch the Nicolas Cage movie Tokarev?
Raven Song
Stealer of Time
Sexual preference: Other
Species: Shapeshifting Anubian
Region: Other

Post by Raven Song »

It's like a horse riding instructor shouting at her pupils for not wearing a helmet, while she sits on a horse without a helmet...
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist. Pablo Picasso
Sev
Superbike Snow Leopard

Post by Sev »

Or in my case, the instructor shouting at me for not keeping my feet straight when she looked like bleeding Charlie Chaplin.
Raven Song
Stealer of Time

Post by Raven Song »

I don't wanna get back into the whole "anti-gun" thing again but this is exactly why guns in the home are dangerous. Unless you are a super careful parent and put it in a place where your kid or someone less than smart is incapable of finding it, guns pose a threat to you and your family.
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

No, absolutely not. Being super careful is a legal requirement of owning a firearm. Leaving one's firearm within reach of anyone not qualified to handle it, including kids, is monumentally stupid and irresponsible. In fact, it's grounds for declaring one unfit to own a firearm. If you're not carrying it, it's in a safe. That's it, no exceptions.
Cape_F0X wrote:Did anybody here watch the Nicolas Cage movie Tokarev?
I have. I felt more angry at the kids than sorry for him. A box is not a safe, no matter how well-hidden.
Raven Song
Stealer of Time

Post by Raven Song »

... But Leeward... when we had the whole debate about the gun thingy... you said my mom was weird for keeping a gun in a safe

And that is precisely why a gun should not live in a safe but within your reach. What's the point of having a gun if you not only never use it but leave it as a vulnerability you may be robbed for?
I'm now confused Leeward... which is right?
Cape_F0X
Light-footed

Post by Cape_F0X »

Cape_F0X wrote:
Did anybody here watch the Nicolas Cage movie Tokarev?

I have. I felt more angry at the kids than sorry for him. A box is not a safe, no matter how well-hidden.
It was such an anti-climax. The whole movie could have been avoided. I wanted the last 2 hours of my life back.
Sev
Superbike Snow Leopard

Post by Sev »

RavenSong wrote:... But Leeward... when we had the whole debate about the gun thingy... you said my mom was weird for keeping a gun in a safe

And that is precisely why a gun should not live in a safe but within your reach. What's the point of having a gun if you not only never use it but leave it as a vulnerability you may be robbed for?
The Americans have a good solution for this. You store your backup firearms in a safe, and any self defense ones are either on your person or are placed in biometric quick release containment units.
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

RavenSong wrote:... But Leeward... when we had the whole debate about the gun thingy... you said my mom was weird for keeping a gun in a safe
What I mean is that you should carry your firearm, (i.e. have it on your person or within your immediate reach and vision) at all times, but if that for some reason is not possible (e.g. flying via commercial airline), put it in a safe, or in the hands of somebody competent and legally allowed to handle it (e.g. another firearm owner, or customs if that particular airline allows firearm check-in). Anything else is probably a terrible idea (e.g. hidden box as in Tokarev, and numerous other movies).

Having a gun that lives in a safe is a bad idea for several reasons: it takes precious time to retrieve in an emergency, you are out of practice in its use, it gets neglected and might jam, and if you are caught unawares, you could be held hostage for it.
Adagio
Warm Hearted
Region: Gauteng

Post by Adagio »

Yes... I just hears a farm attacks story where the owners were held up for their guns...
The perps had wrongful information(By one of the farmers own workers if I may add...) and demanded they give him money he didn't have as well as firearms...

Luckily someone got word to his neighbours, who alerted the neighbourhood watch, and they caught them...
Sev
Superbike Snow Leopard

Post by Sev »

hopefully the neighborhood watched were armed.