Cleaning up the Content of Life

Any discussion not related to furry goes in here. Politics, religion, current affairs...this is the place for it.
Nanukk
Nightclub manager
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: River Otter
Region: KZN and Eastern Cape

Cleaning up the Content of Life

Post by Nanukk »

Pollution is a factor I see, lol, this isn't a boring conversatio - I just want to state a fact. Why pollute? Cause we don't need that bit of substance anymore? Well, there are some who don't need it more than us, our own creatures 'dieing' is for a first topic to bring up. But there is more pollution types than meet the eye.

The point is, Internet Pollution! Businesses, Websites, Tourism - DEMOCRACY...wait I ment fan sites. All these have to do with how was savor the other side on how they made this website. When topics are all rid and done 'tell the admin that they can do a cleanup' Ive seen it, start in FA. Work your way and make more space less to pay!

^^
Nanukk
'The world's fantasy is it's greatest reality' ~Sean Cameron 2002
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Growlithe (pokemon)
Region: Other

Re: Cleaning up the Content of Life

Post by Rakuen Growlithe »

The writing in that could use some cleaning up.

Old topics aren't pollution. They're there for new members to see, to look back on and since most here are text take up very little space.
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~
anoyomouse
Sexual preference: Bi-mostly gay
Species: Brown House mouse
Region: Gauteng

Post by anoyomouse »

I agree with Raki, the old posts are here for furs to look back at and see what we've discussed and done over the past.

The past is the past, but it's also a history, people like going back and laughing about something old, something new. Haven't you wondered how you met someone, go back and go and see.

I smiled when i went back in my logs and see how shy i used to be, how i met my mate, what we did, and how he went from a furiend to a mate :)

Also on the plus side, it doesn't look like the host charges for the database storage space, and well, we've got 10 GB to play with, so we can still go mad for the next couple of years before i upgrade it to 100 GB space ;)
~~~(___^> *squeak*
THE CORINTHIAN
Silent Stalker
Sexual preference: bi-mostly straight
Species: CHIMERA\HYBRID

Post by THE CORINTHIAN »

anoyomouse wrote:The past is the past, but it's also a history, people like going back and laughing about something old, something new.
Rakuen Growlithe wrote:Old topics aren't pollution. They're there for new members to see, to look back on
I have to agree with Anoyomouse & Rakuen on this one. When I first joined I had no idea where I would fit in to the forum but after reading some of old topics I learned a lot about some of the furs round here & I also learned a lot about my self in the prosess. But thats another story ;)
Im 60% Jaguar with 30% Dragon, 10% wolf & 100% HOT
A paladin warrior
May be inactive cause I lack proper internet
Chocolate the only thing I can never say no to
Valerion
Alpha Wolf
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: Werewolf

Post by Valerion »

Well, it will also depend on how many pictures are attached to posts :) But 10GB is a lot, we shouldn't run out any time soon. I would also prefer to keep the forum complete, there's always old threads that can still be useful to people.

One of my pet peeves in technical fora is that many new people don't bother to even search before asking a question that's been answered at least 10-20 times. If we delete old stuff, we may need to simply repost stuff that have been done before, wasting people's time to redo it.
anoyomouse
Sexual preference: Bi-mostly gay
Species: Brown House mouse

Post by anoyomouse »

Well, okay, 10GB of hosting that i'm paying for, so my own site is here too, and another site that i've allowed to use the unlimited bandwidth.

So yeah, ZAFur is still going to take up a good 5 GB before i start worrying.

I should start a poll asking if furs want an email address at zafur.co.za or furrysa.co.za :)
~~~(___^> *squeak*