Gun control

Any discussion not related to furry goes in here. Politics, religion, current affairs...this is the place for it.
Raven Song
Stealer of Time
Sexual preference: Other
Species: Shapeshifting Anubian
Region: Other

Re: Gun control

Post by Raven Song »

Or like when I told I one of my colleagues that "dressing a hippopotamus in silk, still makes it a hippopotamus..."

Then I blanked out because she slapped me :P
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist. Pablo Picasso
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Growlithe (pokemon)

Post by Rakuen Growlithe »

Sev wrote:And I honestly believe in cases like this that that is not as big a deal as people make out.

This is a furry forum. It's meant for fun and interaction. Overly rigid rules will kill both of those things.
A forum is not a chatroom. They serve different purposes and have a different structure. You'll also find that the rules here are some of the most lenient on a forum that I know of.
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~
Sev
Superbike Snow Leopard
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: Snow Leopard
Region: Western Cape

Post by Sev »

Yeah, but that's because this site is closer in nature to something like reddit than to something like Tech Support Forum.
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Growlithe (pokemon)

Post by Rakuen Growlithe »

Actually I'm talking about community forums. Since another furry forum records moderations in public threads...
XXX banned the user XXX for a week. "Youve banned previously for similar behavior and antagonizing other users."
Continued disregard for submissions and rude behavior. 2 week site ban.
User XXX has been banned for one day for failing to cease antagonizing users after a warning, and making direct threats against other users.
XXX has been banned from the forums for 1 week for verbally attacking a user.
Personal insults are unacceptable and the ban was given without warning.
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

Sev wrote:Like when I told one of Leeward's friends that he wasn't quite fat enough for a mobility scooter.
I dunno, I don't think he got to know you well enough over the course of the weekend to recognise that as a friendly joke. That's the kind of stuff you say to close friends, otherwise it's just an insult without context. I'm actually surprised he didn't punch you that cringeworthy second, although I much preferred the general laughter that ensued.
Sev
Superbike Snow Leopard
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: Snow Leopard
Region: Western Cape

Post by Sev »

That would have been unfortunate.

It really was meant to be amusing. Besides, at least I didn't say that he would have been "just right".