What South Africa needs to focus on

Any discussion not related to furry goes in here. Politics, religion, current affairs...this is the place for it.
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Re: What South Africa needs to focus on

Post by Leeward »

Even if that person is Jacob Zuma?
Neon
Species: Huskeh
Region: Other

Post by Neon »

Hmmm. In that case, so what?
The nation is struck. ANC replaces him. New ANC leader. If anything, this could be used as some form of justification or scapegoat for the ANC, allowing them blame all faults on the deceased leader, and root a deeper control of the country.
Now I'm not going to say which political party is right and which is wrong, because honestly I haven't really taken my own initiative and seen how they all work, and I doubt I ever will. So I'm in no position to advocate my views.

I just fail to see how by you coming to a conclusion to kill a man, everything will be better.
It's not a person to blame, its a mentality.

But then again, I could be wrong. Who am I to really know?
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

No you're right, it may well backfire (hehehe, "backfire"). A logic that has served me well in such situations is "better the devil you know than the devil you don't," and this applies to dear old Zum-Zum as well. He's an idiot, but at least we can mock him with impunity. For now.
Sev
Superbike Snow Leopard
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: Snow Leopard
Region: Western Cape

Post by Sev »

In that case, expel or execute every single ANC member (yes, all 1.2 million of them).
Might as well do the same with the EFF.
Raven Song
Stealer of Time
Sexual preference: Other
Species: Shapeshifting Anubian

Post by Raven Song »

Have you guys heard Gareth Cliffe's rant on Cliff Central about JZ?

it's a thing of beauty...
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist. Pablo Picasso
YoteFox
Species: Arctic Sabre Fox

Post by YoteFox »

Well I see this got quite busy and I must say Neon I do agree with your view on the assassination.

However, what happens when the ANC is removed from our political system?
Will the DA take over?

If so do you really think Mmusi Maimane is the right leader for this country?
The alledged post that he made on twitter makes me feel quite pessimistic about this fellow.

http://www.politicsweb.co.za/politics/c ... -over-hate

Please if you know anything more than I do about this share, but I feel this shouldn't be our next leader if the ANC were to be taken out.

If Zuma is impeached which now seems like quite a large possibility, what will happen?
Cyril Ramaphosa will be the next likely candidate and ANC will go on with the assumption that Zuma mislead them and that Cyril is now the invincible new leader of SA. Giving much power to the ANC again.

What should happen in my opinion is Zuma should continue to break down the ANC, people should lose trust in the ANC and the ANC will hopefully fall. But then again we are looking at another leadership issue because it seems good ol' DA has a racist leader.

All in my opinion
I'd rather be fursuiting

Suit up and it will make you feel better
- Pepper Coyote

People get built different. We don't need to figure it out, we just need to respect it. Maybe he likes his company more than I like mine - Princess Bubblegum
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

I don't see that tweet by Maimane as particularly racist, personally. I see it as an observation of a correlation between race and class. This is a perfectly valid observation and reasonable reaction, in my opinion. Having listened to some of his speeches, I think he would make a good and progressive leader for SA. But I agree, let the ANC implode on itself so that the masses realise that they are useless.
YoteFox

Post by YoteFox »

I think it's quite an ignorant and irresponsible tweet that he made, especially considering the current conditions we are living in.

But though I haven't been following him too much and my facts here are based on hear say.

But I must agree that if anyone was to be most suited who is actually in the presidential race it would be him. Though if you look at the Western Cape which is governed by DA and you look at the rest of the country, you see a massive difference not just visually but also in the general service and attitude of the people.

I just hope this country changes its tune in the next two years or else I'm out of here. Australia is waiting.
I'd rather be fursuiting

- Pepper Coyote

People get built different. We don't need to figure it out, we just need to respect it. Maybe he likes his company more than I like mine - Princess Bubblegum
Sev
Superbike Snow Leopard
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: Snow Leopard
Region: Western Cape

Post by Sev »

When one of Taka's friend came down to CT for the first time, he couldn't believe it.

When he saw people painting traffic lights he actually asked what they were doing.
Likewise, he couldn't believe it when he saw public servants picking up trash.
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

The WP is on a whole different level of functionality than the rest of SA, and the DA is largely to thank for that. That's the main reason I support his party. I don't care if he doesn't realise that the race issues here are much more complex than just class issues or that no white person will be hired as a cashier because of BEE and such, he'll learn.
Raven Song
Stealer of Time

Post by Raven Song »

Considering that march he recently led through Joburg which, from what I heard and saw, had zero incidents... there is something to be said for his leadership style. It works I think, and he doesn't strike me as an egotistical sort. He reminds me a little of another leader of colour (who's term is nearly up) from another country. I think he'll get a lot of hate, but in the long run, I believe everything he would do in power would be for the benefit of the country.
YoteFox

Post by YoteFox »

I really do hope we move away from the ANC soon. Even though DA has it's flaws we would be better off with the DA or anyone else for that matter... Except the EFF, please god don't let the EFF rule this country.
I'd rather be fursuiting

- Pepper Coyote

Raven Song
Stealer of Time

Post by Raven Song »

The whole time in SA I always said we needed two of the UK's parties:

Keep It Simple Stupid - KISS
and Life's a Party Party....
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Growlithe (pokemon)

Post by Rakuen Growlithe »

Or go Nordic and get a pirate party. From what I heard they've got really good principles.
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~
Raven Song
Stealer of Time

Post by Raven Song »

I WANT A PIRATE PARTY!!!!!!!!!!!!

I shall return to SA and establish a party. The Buccaneers. We'll automatically have half the black population on board because of Orlando Pirates. Out Motto will be "All for rum, and rum for all" which get on board the remaining population...

I am a political genius.