Internet money

Any discussion not related to furry goes in here. Politics, religion, current affairs...this is the place for it.
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Growlithe (pokemon)
Region: Other

Internet money

Post by Rakuen Growlithe »

I could be commissioned for a story in the near future and I was wondering if there was a good internet service for sending and receiving money easily? I don't really want to use my bank account and it might be more useful to store the money, otherwise he'll commission an artwork for me.
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~
Valerion
Alpha Wolf
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: Werewolf
Region: Gauteng

Re: Internet money

Post by Valerion »

International or local? Locally the person can just deposit in your bank account.

The common one is PayPal, but you can't transfer back into your own account, not allowed for South Africa (mainly due to our banking laws, I believe). But you can keep the money in your PayPal account and use it for other purchases later on.

The only other way is an international money order or a wire transfer, though there are fairly large service fees applicable there you will have to research first, larger for wire transfers than for money orders, though.
anoyomouse
Sexual preference: Bi-mostly gay
Species: Brown House mouse

Post by anoyomouse »

the reason paypal can't transfer into our accounts is the same reason our banking system didn't crash, so no saying that it sucks!

the best system i've found so far is http://www.ikobo.com, but their fees are quite excessive at times, but the service is good, and they send you a creditcard to get your money anywhere from an ATM.

I'm considering sending myself some money just to get the card delivered to me so others can use it :)
~~~(___^> *squeak*
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Growlithe (pokemon)
Region: Other

Post by Rakuen Growlithe »

The other person is in France I think. I don't really want the money in the bank because then I won't easily be able to use it online.

Does iKobo let you store money? I want the money in an online account for later use or to store up and buy something later.
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~
anoyomouse
Sexual preference: Bi-mostly gay
Species: Brown House mouse

Post by anoyomouse »

it's basically a credit card with no credit facility, so you can store your money, you just earn no interest.

it's also a full card so you SHOULD be able to use it online, not tried it myself, but my friends have had varying success, and say it's easier drawing the money form an ATM
~~~(___^> *squeak*
Hargan
Species: Foxeh

Post by Hargan »

Swiss bank accounts? :P

Sorry, i don't really know but had to give that suggestion
Warning: Has been known to speak his mind

Firm believer in Spiral Power