Dealing with younger generations...

Any discussion not related to furry goes in here. Politics, religion, current affairs...this is the place for it.
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Re: Dealing with younger generations...

Post by Leeward »

I guess Tocs isn't really going to have this problem all that much any more since he just finished matric. :P
Randall
Species: Funambulus palmarum (Squirrel)
Region: Gauteng

Post by Randall »

Yeah, the relief must be awesome for him, pretty much reminded me of my matric year.. the day I wrote that final exam, that was it, never saw any of that lot again in my life.
Sev
Superbike Snow Leopard
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: Snow Leopard
Region: Western Cape

Post by Sev »

Yay, Tocs!

Now you can fly down here and get into UCT.
Tocs
The glowing blue panda
Species: Husky

Post by Tocs »

Sev wrote:Yay, Tocs!

Haha you really want me in Cape Town that badly? Yeah in terms of university, if I were going to go I'd go to UP haha. But I'll most likely take a gap year next year because of many reasons, so that does mean I can possibly go down to CT :P. I'm so excited and nervous for what next year has to offer haha

But yeah... honestly it is one thing to simply ignore the issue, however it is a completely different thing all together when these insults and disrespect start happening to other people without any good reason, logic or just motive behind it. However even from when I made the original post till now I realised it isn't really just younger generations, it is pretty much our entire society today. And I simply cannot put my finger on why it is like that. Could it be less legal action can be taken place? Less consequences? The fact that technology allows people to hide behind a different identity all together or be anonymous? I guess it just bugs me more than actually effect me in any way now more than anything else but eh... I guess that's life haha, you're always gonna get those kind of people on them, I just think there are a lot more of those kind of people nowadays.
For the most part, it is pointless to be sad in life.
Because sad spelt backwards is das
And das not good
Love every stranger, the stranger the better
The darker the night, the brighter I glow!
Sev
Superbike Snow Leopard

Post by Sev »

UP? More like U-Suck.

UCT is the best in Africa, nothing else will suffice.
Tocs
The glowing blue panda
Species: Husky

Post by Tocs »

Sev wrote:UP? More like U-Suck.

Then tell me why is it the only university in South Africa (actually I think in the whole of Africa) with an internationally recognised bachelor degree for veterinary science? You know... my dream job...
For the most part, it is pointless to be sad in life.
Because sad spelt backwards is das
And das not good
Love every stranger, the stranger the better
The darker the night, the brighter I glow!
Randall
Species: Funambulus palmarum (Squirrel)

Post by Randall »

Tocs wrote:
Sev wrote:Yay, Tocs!

Haha you really want me in Cape Town that badly? Yeah in terms of university, if I were going to go I'd go to UP haha. But I'll most likely take a gap year next year because of many reasons, so that does mean I can possibly go down to CT :P. I'm so excited and nervous for what next year has to offer haha

But yeah... honestly it is one thing to simply ignore the issue, however it is a completely different thing all together when these insults and disrespect start happening to other people without any good reason, logic or just motive behind it. However even from when I made the original post till now I realised it isn't really just younger generations, it is pretty much our entire society today. And I simply cannot put my finger on why it is like that. Could it be less legal action can be taken place? Less consequences? The fact that technology allows people to hide behind a different identity all together or be anonymous? I guess it just bugs me more than actually effect me in any way now more than anything else but eh... I guess that's life haha, you're always gonna get those kind of people on them, I just think there are a lot more of those kind of people nowadays.
The whole disrespect thing, came into its own shortly after '94. People thought they could now be free to act whichever way they want. These days however, its pretty rough. One gets sworn at on the road, never mind you are obeying the law, the other twit is driving with the TV license. See what goes on, on Mybb.co.za on a daily basis, that place is no place for sensitive people.
Sev
Superbike Snow Leopard

Post by Sev »

Tocs wrote:
Sev wrote:UP? More like U-Suck.

Then tell me why is it the only university in South Africa (actually I think in the whole of Africa) with an internationally recognised bachelor degree for veterinary science? You know... my dream job...
I never knew that. UCT is more of a STEM university, anyway.
Franky
The Bad Guy
Sexual preference: Straight
Species: Mortally Challenged Fox

Post by Franky »

Neon wrote:

You know a song is politically correct when the chorus goes, "We dont, dont give a fuck and, we won't, ever give a fuck un-til you, you give a fuck about me, and my generation."

(Also I know I've linked this song on the forum before, and I apologize for the stale content)

I think this summarizes :lol:
Funny thing is that song is even a generation ahead of me. :lol:

I might be a bit of a sadist with this topic but drinking up the tears of self righteous post graduates that finally has to earn a living rather than just get it is really tasty.