Dealing with younger generations...

Any discussion not related to furry goes in here. Politics, religion, current affairs...this is the place for it.
Tocs
The glowing blue panda
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: Husky
Region: Gauteng

Dealing with younger generations...

Post by Tocs »

Okay yes, I am a younger generation but to be honest, I can't stand most of the people in my generation and below. They're attitude ("what are you gonna do about it" attitude), appreciation for things, respect for others and just their general outlook in life is, for me, rather concerning (this does not apply to everyone and this is just my opinion). So how would one deal with you get generations when they get too big for their own boots?
The reason for this post is due to the current grade 9s and 8s at our school.. They have given it such a bad reputation and we've had about 12 people on those grades expelled and many more suspended due to their actions. I mean... The school even had to implement an "anti-dissing" week for them and to me, compared to when I was in grade 8 and 9.. that's terrible...
For the most part, it is pointless to be sad in life.
Because sad spelt backwards is das
And das not good
Love every stranger, the stranger the better
The darker the night, the brighter I glow!
KinkInZA
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Liger

Re: Dealing with younger generations...

Post by KinkInZA »

well its really really bad brother but unfortunately if the authorities cant deal with them then you wont be able either and their parents just dont care to try and even discipline them.
In my family I grew up with a saying that Luxury is the death of discipline.so in my family tradition the right to not be scolded is also the same rite that allows you to be abusive to others with no consequences . I really hope you can survive your situation .
“All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake up in the day to find it was vanity, but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.”
T.E. Lawrence
Glitch MadDragon
Sexual preference: bi-mostly straight
Species: dragon
Region: Western Cape

Post by Glitch MadDragon »

i know exactly how you feel tocs , i had the same problem in my school when i was in matric and every grade below me seemed to be the most anoying and selfish people i have ever seen then even caused a teacher to resign , but i dont think there is a way tp deal with it . its just the attitude of the next or current generation unfortinitly
my sister for example altho i dont find her anoying at all her cousins drive me insaine with the attitude that the world owes them something but me
la lala la la.. please excuse my spelling :O
Helios_phi
The depraved

Post by Helios_phi »

Ha ha ha ha. You guys must be doing something wrong. When I left school, I remember being told that the school has never had a year of students as bad as we where.
We weren't all bad attitude and disfunctional, but my god we where naughty.
We did raise a shit load of money for the school in the final year thou so it all evens out in the end I guess. :p
[REDACTED]
Fluke
Tyrant's Eye
Region: Other

Post by Fluke »

Tocs
The glowing blue panda

Post by Tocs »

Thanks Fluke. :)
And das not good
Rocket_Dog
Species: Cardigan Welsh Corgi

Post by Rocket_Dog »

Well every year motivations change, teaching styles and parenting styles change.
Every generation feels that the one behind them is lacking something. I think it's pretty normal
Tocs
The glowing blue panda

Post by Tocs »

When I think about this more, it isn't really the generations, more just people's attitudes in general... I'm not trying to be a Hitler here saying "everyone must act like this and be and that is final and everyone who's not.."
But.. on the same paw I just find it really disturbing. I don't know, maybe I'm just waffling on here over something pointless
And das not good
Kangee Gold
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Raven

Post by Kangee Gold »

Here's how to deal with them:

18 and below: Get the teachers and principals to bend them over the desk and teach them what a sambok is used for.

18 to 25: Send them to the military where a drill instructor will bend them over and teach them what a sambok is used for.

I don't give a damn what hippies say, corporal punishment works.
ADD/ADHD doesn't need ritalin to suppress it, the 'disorder' needs corporal management to redirect and focus it into something constructive.
Quick! Somebody chew on my nipples or we're all gonna die!
Fluke
Tyrant's Eye

Post by Fluke »

It was the same for our year, it's the people in particular and in general. You're exposed to it more during school and 'less than savory' places.
Rocket_Dog

Post by Rocket_Dog »

If I met myself from high school right now I'd punch me in the face.

People change, and kids have more room for change than most. Most people don't stay arseholes forever.

Neon
Species: Huskeh

Post by Neon »

You know a song is politically correct when the chorus goes, "We dont, dont give a fuck and, we won't, ever give a fuck un-til you, you give a fuck about me, and my generation."

(Also I know I've linked this song on the forum before, and I apologize for the stale content)

I think this summarizes :lol:
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

Chiming in a bit late here, but personally I don't think it's a question of some or other "problem" generation, because a lot of people feel the way you do. I think it's because society as a whole has an irrational problem with authority, and has forgotten the concepts of respect and humility. Luckily for you, there are a lot of like-minded people here. :)
Sev
Superbike Snow Leopard
Species: Snow Leopard

Post by Sev »

Rocket_Dog wrote:If I met myself from high school right now I'd punch me in the face.
Oh, yeah, I was super obnoxious in my last year of school.
Glitch MadDragon
Sexual preference: bi-mostly straight
Species: dragon

Post by Glitch MadDragon »

if i met myself id give me a hug

got picked on for no reason
Last edited by Rakuen Growlithe on Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: merged multiple posts
la lala la la.. please excuse my spelling :O
Tocs
The glowing blue panda

Post by Tocs »

Leeward once again came and said exactly what I wanted to say :p
And das not good
jacojerb
Species: bunny/fox

Post by jacojerb »

kids really lack discipline... I finished matric last year, I know what school kids are like...

Why throw the teacher with papers during classes? Why purposefully make the teacher dislike you, not listen in classes and generally be annoying? I'll never understand it... All you're doing is making life harder for yourself... I really feel sorry for teachers. Children literally laughing at them when they try to punish them.

No clue what to do about it. The main problem is a lack of respect. Which is honestly quite sad...
Mew?
Fluke
Tyrant's Eye

Post by Fluke »

jacojerb wrote: Why throw the teacher with papers during classes?
Lol that wording. I guess you meant: "Throw paper at the teacher"?

Answer for this is the same as below;
jacojerb wrote: Why purposefully make the teacher dislike you, not listen in classes and generally be annoying? I'll never understand it...
They want to be rebels and appear cool to their peers. They probably can't grab anyone's attention by other methods. Not sports, nor academics nor useful hobbies and skills. So they try to become a 'class clown' for attention and to, hopefully, fit in.
jacojerb wrote: No clue what to do about it. The main problem is a lack of respect. Which is honestly quite sad...
Which is why I prefer older school systems where respect for seniors is instilled more heavily. They always seem to do better with behaviour too. Too many variables to say, but it must count for something.
Titanreaper
Sexual preference: Straight
Species: Mythic Black Tiger Fox
Region: Northwest and North Cape

Post by Titanreaper »

If I misbehaved my mom used to hit me with a sjambok, when i misbehaved at school the teachers would give me a hiding with a piece of plank. The problem today is that disciplining a child is considered child abuse, i can understand punching children being abuse but giving a child a spanking for being naughty shouldn't be classified as abuse. So now that kids arent allowed being disciplined they get unruly because they know they get away with it. Swear at the teacher, get a warning. Punch the teacher, get suspended for a few days. Its utter chaos, no one has respect anymore.
The circumstances of your birth are irrelevant, It's what you do with the gift of life that matters.
jacojerb
Species: bunny/fox

Post by jacojerb »

The problem with giving teachers the power to physically discipline children is that, there will always be teachers who abuse it. Giving major punishment for minor offenses. Seeing as this is so hard to regulate, I understand why it's not possible...

As for parents... My parents did spank me when I misbehaved. And it really worked. They say they very rarely had to spank me, because I would very rarely misbehave. I mean, smaller things, sure. But not often something worthy of spanking.
Mew?
Obsidian
Species: Dragon

Post by Obsidian »

I honestly have no problems with any guys younger than me, my siblings and my friends siblings are 5+ years younger than me and I have no issues with any of them (Well besides normal sibling fights with mine because family :P) or their friends.

The kids I tutor maths and science to at Master Maths in my free time are also super polite to me, granted they probably want to be there and want me to help them pass and all that but they all seem very nice.

I always seem to get a positive response from the kids by simply not talking down to them.

Or I am just lucky :D
It does not do to leave a live dragon out of your calculations, especially if you live near him.

Always be yourself..... Unless you can be a Dragon, then always be a Dragon
Tocs
The glowing blue panda

Post by Tocs »

Obsidian wrote:I honestly have no problems with any guys younger than me, my siblings and my friends siblings are 5+ years younger than me and I have no issues with any of them (Well besides normal sibling fights with mine because family :P) or their friends.

The kids I tutor maths and science to at Master Maths in my free time are also super polite to me, granted they probably want to be there and want me to help them pass and all that but they all seem very nice.

I always seem to get a positive response from the kids by simply not talking down to them.

I'm not saying it's all... I guess the problem also is the it may the minority but because they cause so much problem the people who actually are good fall into the trap of peer pressure or go completely unnoticed
And das not good
Rocket_Dog

Post by Rocket_Dog »

That and you remember rude behaviour. People can be polite to you all day and one rude comment will sour most of the kindness you experienced before (at least for me).

Unfortunately you don't often hear from the disciplined and well behaved kids because the vocal minority is just that - the most vocal.
Helios_phi
The depraved

Post by Helios_phi »

Obsidian wrote:
The kids I tutor maths and science to at Master Maths in my free time are also super polite to me.

Its might be luck.
I remember back when I was still in school.
Those extra maths kids where the worst. Always using their pocket protectors to straighten out lines of coke, using advanced mathematical theorems to keep away the jocks rugby balls. Don't even get me started on those calculators..... the real weapons of math destruction......
........wait a minute.
[REDACTED]
Tocs
The glowing blue panda

Post by Tocs »

Helios_phi wrote: Don't even get me started on those calculators..... the real weapons of math destruction......
........wait a minute.
You... You just said this... I... Yeah... All I can do is this *claps*
And das not good
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

Don't you mean "weapon of math instruction"?
Obsidian
Species: Dragon

Post by Obsidian »

the puns D:.... they burn! *hiss*

I tutor both kinds of kids, one side is the "Im getting B's and want A's" kids and on the other side are the "please lord let me just pass this term" kids.

I thought one was being rude at a point (A girl who gets 90% on average), then I realized she is just so socially awkward she doesn't know how to talk to people. Poor nerds :P
It does not do to leave a live dragon out of your calculations, especially if you live near him.

Always be yourself..... Unless you can be a Dragon, then always be a Dragon
LaShadow

Post by LaShadow »

Tocs wrote:Okay yes, I am a younger generation but to be honest, I can't stand most of the people in my generation and below. They're attitude ("what are you gonna do about it" attitude), appreciation for things, respect for others and just their general outlook in life is, for me, rather concerning (this does not apply to everyone and this is just my opinion). So how would one deal with you get generations when they get too big for their own boots?
The reason for this post is due to the current grade 9s and 8s at our school.. They have given it such a bad reputation and we've had about 12 people on those grades expelled and many more suspended due to their actions. I mean... The school even had to implement an "anti-dissing" week for them and to me, compared to when I was in grade 8 and 9.. that's terrible...
I think it's a global problem, not just for grade 9&8's. In my school a lot of the older grades tend to diss and disrespect each other (talking out of experience, been through a looooot hehe). I've had atleast 10 peeps out of each grade that bullied me verbally, over the fact that I'm gay. And I honestly think it's their parents fault, for setting the bad examples. So I never blame the kids, depends on the situation though. It's their patriotic, religious, know it all parents. (Not that there is something wrong with their religions and believes)
Randall
Species: Funambulus palmarum (Squirrel)

Post by Randall »

Parents are 50% of the problem, the other 50% rests with the youngster.
As we know I paid dearly for my furry fandom in high school, the funny thing is, all these perpetrators, and "main men" where are they today?

When I had BookFace they would try and contact me, and spin me a very long, and very sad story about how life became a downward spiral of drugs, sex, and drink after high school, and now, 10 years later, they are only getting it together.

In terms of religion, I keep my mouth shut, because that leads to conflict. But I will say that I have very little time for any of it personally. My beliefs in life are pretty scientific.
GalacticCanine
Sexual preference: Bi-mostly gay
Species: galaxia angelus

Post by GalacticCanine »

I think it's important to remember that some people learn to mature quicker than most people their age due to troubled past and dysfunctional homes. Your generation might have that attitude now, but the truth is they still have so much to learn and they have a lot of time to do so! I guess my best advice is to just ignore them and let them be and make sure you're on the path you want to be!