what are you a leader or a follower

Any discussion not related to furry goes in here. Politics, religion, current affairs...this is the place for it.
AnGeL
Sexual preference: Straight
Species: Angel/fox
Region: KZN and Eastern Cape

what are you a leader or a follower

Post by AnGeL »

Hey all im new and decided to start a subject to meet people and see ur view. Ok for me im a follower always hav been prob always will be ive just been strongest there if u give me an order i do it regardless of wat happens to me mainly get that from paintball but yhe ive always been the loyal knight who serves the king or queen :lol:
Hey if u wanna chat let me know i dnt bite unless u like it that way
Tocs
The glowing blue panda
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: Husky
Region: Gauteng

Re: what are you a leader or a follower

Post by Tocs »

Hmm, that's a interesting question to start off to get to know people. I guess I'm neither a followerer or leader. I stand strongly by my own views and will not simply follow someone else just because they told me to. Yet at the same time I'm too shy to actually tell people what to do... so I really don't know
For the most part, it is pointless to be sad in life.
Because sad spelt backwards is das
And das not good
Love every stranger, the stranger the better
The darker the night, the brighter I glow!
jacojerb
Species: bunny/fox

Post by jacojerb »

I guess same as Tocs. I tend to do my own thing, and don't really expect anyone to follow me
Mew?
AnGeL

Post by AnGeL »

So ur lonewolves if so we should form a team and take on the world but dnt get me wrong i dnt follow orders blindly i wont do something against my morals but i guess i follow coz ive always wanted to help people in thier times of need
Franky
The Bad Guy
Species: Mortally Challenged Fox

Post by Franky »

I try to follow but against my will end up leading... fml
AnGeL

Post by AnGeL »

Haha thats like wen the commander dies n ur nxt in line n ur cluelessly innocent
Ivic_Wulfe
Viridis Spes Vulupe
Sexual preference: Other
Species: Green Folf

Post by Ivic_Wulfe »

I'm the kinda guy who would try to lead by example. Not that my example is ever up to scratch. :P

It has far more to do with my profession than anything else I kinda have to as a lecturer.
AND THEN THE CAGE COMES DOWN! The cage with the Japanese fighting spiders inside, your mother strikes a match off her forearm and tells you to dance in the front room for money... - Dylan Moran
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

I don't think anyone can be reduced to a bunch of binary values to fit into neat little boxes. We all sometimes lead and sometimes follow. Just like some are gay and some are straight, some are somewhere in the middle, some sway between the two, some are neither, and so on. People change over time and human attributes are fluid.

I myself prefer to follow because I know that fewer leaders are needed and "too many cooks spoil the broth" and all that, but if no capable leaders show up then I'm happy to take the reins. It's not that I don't like to lead, I'm just not bothered when someone else who can do the job just as well wants it more.
AnGeL

Post by AnGeL »

Wow well put leeward
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

I enjoy flexing my vocabulary muscles on occasion. ;)
Sticky_Fingers
Sexual preference: Bi-mostly gay
Species: brown bear
Region: Western Cape

Post by Sticky_Fingers »

I don't know what I would be considered actually. I hate the idea that you can only be a leader or follower. (similar to what Leeward was saying about not being boxed into a certain label).

I think that the qualities I imagine in a leader would vary but I would suggest that experience and willing-ness would be the top qualities in a leader. Although I remember that a more theological take on leadership would be that of someone who serves/leads by example.

Followers would be anyone willing to suspend their ego and wants to obey (to my reckoning at least) and devote themselves to the cause/tasks.

This is the best I can do at just thinking about this subject on the surface level. In further discussion, you could try to find out why people want to lead and why some end up leading. Or the idea of being part of the majority and in the majority even though you are still a follower. Etc.
Just your average internet denizen with a strange name and dreams of becoming a game developer. Catch me on FA: stickyfingers
Asbjorn-phoenix
Papa Bear
Species: FireBear - Bear Phoenix hybrid

Post by Asbjorn-phoenix »

I'm going to be fence sitter on this topic. I would prefer to be neither. Having been both and still predominantly being (or trying to be) a leader I'd be inclined to say in my position at least the benefits are not worth the added effort especially when not recognised by those around you.
On the other hand being a follower, you get frown down upon for not having more ambition or drive.
My ideal is to be an active team player. Just get down to what needs to be done, give your opinions and input where necessary be able to implement them and improve the situations of all involved with their own inputs as well.
If you've done nothing wrong you have nothing to fear,
if you've something to hide you shouldn't be here.
AnGeL

Post by AnGeL »

Dnt get me wrong sticky i dnt hav a ego or anthing im simple loyal to those i trust
DanLeo427
Species: Shiba inu/ Fox hybrid. Foge
Region: Limpopo and Mpumalanga

Post by DanLeo427 »

I'm a natural Leader, or at least so i seems. ever since kindergarten people would just fall in line and listen to what i have to say. People take my suggestions very seriously and idk, I like to take command if no one has yet. lots of school projects and a lot of out outdoor camps, i would get the unanimous vote as the, go to guy. Even very recently I was working on a project with my co-worker, whos project it was, and with a couple of the suggestions i made he was all for it, later asking me how I'd do etc. The boss came to look at what was going on and we got HUGE compliment from him and two of the neighbors that was here.

So yeah, it really isn't that i take command, if there is someone there and capable i am more than happy to listen, and on things that i know nothing about, i gladly ask. It just happens naturally i guess :P
The world is slowly conforming to a new power and mode of communication. Memes. And Doge is king.
Helios_phi
The depraved

Post by Helios_phi »

Trail Blazer.
Stay out of my way.
Couldn't give a shit if you follow or not.
If you do follow, you will be expected to keep up as I will not slow down.
[REDACTED]
Sticky_Fingers
Sexual preference: Bi-mostly gay
Species: brown bear
Region: Western Cape

Post by Sticky_Fingers »

@Helios: Wouldn't it suck when no one can follow you, or everyone gets shoved down as you blaze right over then?

@DanLeo: Thats pretty cool that you have a natural charisma that lets you be a leader (I would assume) but do you like leading or following?

@Angel: Apologies, I was trying to sound smart. By ego, I more meant your "personal way of doing things" or perhaps I was trying to talk about your personality. I was suggesting that to follow people you sometimes have to do stuff you wouldn't normally do or have to temporarily put your personal issues aside.
Just your average internet denizen with a strange name and dreams of becoming a game developer. Catch me on FA: stickyfingers
Obsidian
Species: Dragon

Post by Obsidian »

If it is important to me I will lead with words of flame and claws of iron! My fellow group members disliked me during varsity right up until the point where we finished with time to spare and got a solid distinction. My record is done 2 weeks before the next group to finish ;D.

if it isn't I'll just do whatever gets the group going fastest.
It does not do to leave a live dragon out of your calculations, especially if you live near him.

Always be yourself..... Unless you can be a Dragon, then always be a Dragon
YoteFox
Species: Arctic Sabre Fox

Post by YoteFox »

I am a born leader with the ability to follow.
I'd rather be fursuiting

Suit up and it will make you feel better
- Pepper Coyote

People get built different. We don't need to figure it out, we just need to respect it. Maybe he likes his company more than I like mine - Princess Bubblegum
GreenReaper
Sexual preference: bi-mostly straight
Species: Kai Norn (Creatures)
Region: Other

Post by GreenReaper »

Most people benefit from being both followers and leaders depending on the situation. Obviously, if you are incompetent in a particular task, you are not likely to do a very good job at leading others in it. Conversely, following a less-competent leader can doom even the most competent.

To accomplish your goals, it may be necessary to use the skills you have acquired, perhaps as a follower, to go in a direction that others are not. By definition, you are then leading yourself.

Over time, accomplishing those goals may require leveraging the skills of others who share your views. To those who are unfamiliar with your history, it may look like a leader came out of nowhere. But in fact, it is a process of development which can take many years.
Laurence "GreenReaper" Parry
GreenReaper Studios - WikiFur - Flayrah - Inkbunny
Neon
Species: Huskeh
Region: Other

Post by Neon »

I wouldn't consider myself the leading type, but I sure as hell don't follow others when it comes to directing me around. I usually just do things my way if I disagree, and if others want to tag along, cool, but don't expect me to pay you too much mind if what you do isn't in my interests or the interest of what I'm working towards