E-Harrassing

Any discussion not related to furry goes in here. Politics, religion, current affairs...this is the place for it.
Jerik
Sexual preference: Straight
Species: Husky
Region: KZN and Eastern Cape

E-Harrassing

Post by Jerik »

Parabuthus (OTAKU Forums) wrote: Image

I see it as this kid should have either killed his blog, not looked at 4chan, especially as he is only 14 or ignored the idiot and lived his life. Really he is the only one that can take responsibility for his own death. He decided to join the online community, he decided to join 4chan, he must take the consequences of his actions.

To put it bluntly, deal with it or get the f**k off.

So what does everyone else think.
my posed question is: WHAT THE HELL IS A 13 YEAR OLD DOING ON 4CHAN????
if i saw 4chan before i was 14 i'd likely have ripped out my own eyes in disgust!... once you've seen the kitten with tentacled nipples once... you really start to avoid 4chan.... or any of the -chans!

okay... so saying he isn't good enough for metal: maybe a little to overboard.
... but honestly.... how does e-harrassing actually effect your' life so much that you kill yourself?... i mean.... unless these guys had hacked into this kid's computer via the internet and baggypantsed say, his wallpaper so that everytime he logged on his eyes would be treated to some tentacle-hentai and message along the lines of ''you and your' music sucks''... and this happened on a weekly basis... then i might kill myself....i'd likely reformat my machine and get a new connection first!
but this kid was being harrassed over the internet! on his bebo page?.... well then.. whats wrong with running away, stop using bebo... or make yourself' a new profile and let them hate-spam you on a page that you won't visit ever again?.... and this new page: you keep among yourself and maybe your' friends!.... there are hundreds of ways he could have dealt with this.... but instead he kills himself.... what the hell?
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Growlithe (pokemon)
Region: Other

Re: E-Harrassing

Post by Rakuen Growlithe »

I agree. If they were only targeting him on a site he was too young to be on anyway it's his own fault. I'm not saying harassing him was good but it's like going to the same restaurant or something when all the other people that go there hate you. Find another place to go. A lot of sites also have ignore buttons, so use them if you need to.
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~
Hargan
Species: Foxeh
Region: Gauteng

Re: E-Harrassing

Post by Hargan »

Actually, i know a friend who, when he lived in canada with uncapped internet, was going onto 4chan at the age of 13/14.

But indeed, when one is at that age, they seek acceptance of others to know they belong. When he was mocked, he may have felt betrayed by the place where he felt he belonged.

What he probably didn't know was that it was 4chan. I've never been on 4chan (i've been banned from it before i've even gone on it, suppose it's for the best :P) but if it's anything like fchan and the like, then those comments are made, but one should have the integrity to know that it doesn't matter what others say, you can still do what you want, imho.

As a side note: if anyone is reading this and is below the age of 18, and you end up on 4 chan because no matter what i say now will not sop you, take everything with a pinch of salt, and remember that you are still yourself, no matter what others say. Don't rely on others to dictate who you should be.
Warning: Has been known to speak his mind

Firm believer in Spiral Power