WWE

Any discussion not related to furry goes in here. Politics, religion, current affairs...this is the place for it.
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Growlithe (pokemon)
Region: Other

WWE

Post by Rakuen Growlithe »

I've been watching WWE for a bit over a year now, starting with Smackdown and then including the other shows. Now I know it's scripted but I'm curious if anyone knows how scripted? I don't see how they could possibly do what they do making it up on the spot but can they really memorise all those moves for a 20min fight? That especially applies with the wrestlers that do a lot of jumping moves where everything needs to be perfectly timed and positioned.
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~
Denim
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: Human
Region: Gauteng

Re: WWE

Post by Denim »

They're sloppy because it's more entertaining. It used to be, when I was, oh, nine and still watched wrestling? ...That they occasionally slipped up and somebody got butthurt as a result. This resulted in epic lulz, especially 'cause the one guy died from being hit in the face the wrong way with a plastic chair.

It's obviously scripted. But perhaps tigther than it used to be since I haven't heard of many of these morons dying recently. It could hardly be considered news though. The guys in the WWF or WWE, or whatever it's called now, are paid actors. From the seconds I've glimpsed on the TV they seem to spend more time standing in the ring with a microphone delivering cheesy macho-man lines to thousands of screaming idiots who eat it up.

It's a bloody soap opera and I'm surprised there's time at all to 'fight'. What you should be asking is how so many stupid people could be allowed to congregate in the same place at once.

Like that idiot who went to live in the forest so he could smoke pot with his girlfriend and play with wild bears.

He was begging for it :|
You might want to buckle up.
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy
Species: Growlithe (pokemon)
Region: Other

Post by Rakuen Growlithe »

Well it's fun to watch. The olympics are there if you want something serious about athletic events. In any case I still respect them because they are good at what they do. It must take a lot of work to get to that level of athleticism and then go out every week and act. While it might be scripted and all the jumps and everything is real.

What idiot are you talking about anyway?
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~
Denim
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: Human
Region: Gauteng

Post by Denim »

I can't remember his name :p

He broke his neck or something. Or got all bloodied up and died in hospital later. This was more than 10 years ago :p
You might want to buckle up.
Darkeraven
Species: Skunk
Region: KZN and Eastern Cape

Post by Darkeraven »

I think the person you are refering to is Owen Heart.

Yes it is all scripted, but being that you cannot take anything away from the "actors". The stuff they do is amazing, I wish I was half as athletic as they are.