Freethought

Any discussion not related to furry goes in here. Politics, religion, current affairs...this is the place for it.
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Growlithe (pokemon)
Region: Other

Freethought

Post by Rakuen Growlithe »

I found a philosophy that It think is pretty cool and pretty much have been following even though I didn't know about it, Freethought.

According to Wikipedia, "Freethought is a philosophical viewpoint that holds that beliefs should be formed on the basis of science and logic and should not be influenced by emotion, authority, tradition, or any dogma."

So no more need to follow things because of religion or tradition, just follow the things that make sense. I definitely think this way of thinking could help the world a lot. As a start it would probably remove of a lot of hate that people have for each other just because they come from other countries and such. It could also lead to more sensible ways of ruling countries.

What do you guys think?
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~
WolfyDragon
Species: Wolfylike

Re: Freethought

Post by WolfyDragon »

Well. If humainty could somehow stop being so, well "Human" then it could work. but It would take extremely dedicated and open minded individuals to keep it operational. Personally, I cant see it working. "and Im an optimist" I think the sad truth is that people in general are against change, therefore arn't capable of accepting difference. as a whole that is.
anoyomouse
Sexual preference: Bi-mostly gay
Species: Brown House mouse
Region: Gauteng

Post by anoyomouse »

The song "people are people" by depeche mode comes to mind.

People, humans are flawed, and that's their biggest problem, they tend to be too easy to forgive past mistakes, that it's easier to make them and look for forgiveness afterwards
if you got punished harder for mistakes we'd definately make less of them because you wouldn't be around to make any more of them ;)

"Stuff trying to help, just remove the warning labels on everything and let the problem solve itself"

Yeah, i'm deraming for a better world, but it ain't happening, not with the stupidness i tend to see around me, just glad there's some insanity i can survive around and survive with ... keeps me from going comepletely off my rocker.
~~~(___^> *squeak*
Sadrok
Sexual preference: Other
Species: Anthro Dragon
Region: Western Cape

Post by Sadrok »

Sometimes this quote applies to what happens in this world
Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it, you’d have good people doing good things and evil people doing bad things, but for good people to do bad things, it takes religion.
- Steven Weinberg
Dracius
Ilache Darastri
Sexual preference: Straight
Species: Dragon
Region: Western Cape

Post by Dracius »

Thats something I can relate to..

Sadly, the people that make the world tick are on a completely different level, and its causing chaos to the lives of good men, women and children.

Thanks for mentioning the coined name ^..^
Part founder of the Ilache Darastri Clan.