What religion are you?

Any discussion not related to furry goes in here. Politics, religion, current affairs...this is the place for it.

What religion are you?

Christian - any denomination
30%
Agnostic
10%
Atheist
24%
Hindu
1%
Muslim
No votes
Buddhist
No votes
Other (Please post)
34%

Total votes: 79
Dualsa
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Blue Point Siamese or Husky
Region: KZN and Eastern Cape

What religion are you?

Post by Dualsa »

I'm not posting this thread for any particular reason, other than I'm curious to see the general trend in religions for furs, and because I didn't see it here already and am insanely bored.

Please do not take any offense at this thread, it's not one for bashing of other peoples religions, etc, etc, I know that topics like these have a tendency to get out of hand.

I myself am Christian, Anglican to be exact.

Please just post and let us know what you believe in :P

P.S I know Atheism technically isn't a religion, but it counts.
Back after a long absence! Sometimes Siamese, sometimes Husky. Can't blame me for indecision, just gief me feesh :V
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy
Species: Growlithe (pokemon)
Region: Other

Re: What religion are you?

Post by Rakuen Growlithe »

Agnostic/atheist depending on mood and such. I voted agnostic though.
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~
Sadrok
Sexual preference: Other
Species: Anthro Dragon
Region: Western Cape

Post by Sadrok »

I voted other. Its complicated.
SilverDragon
Ilache Darastri
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: Dragon

Post by SilverDragon »

Christian. Nothing much to add.. not if I don't want the topic to get out of hand :P
---------------------
PSN ID:
Acronix_23
---------------------
(\_/)
(O.o)
This is Bunny.
(> <) He is on his way to World Domination
anoyomouse
Sexual preference: Bi-mostly gay
Species: Brown House mouse
Region: Gauteng

Post by anoyomouse »

Pastafarianism

seriusly tho ... i don't want to talk about it ... not what i was
~~~(___^> *squeak*
Yukon
Sexual preference: Straight
Species: Husky/wolf

Post by Yukon »

Born anglican, went through catacism (*sp) and converted to roman catholic...though in all honesty have been athiest throughout my life.
There are 10 types of people in this world: those that understand binary, and those that don't.
WolfyDragon
Species: Wolfylike

Post by WolfyDragon »

Pagon, well sorta. :shock:
Dracius
Ilache Darastri

Post by Dracius »

I'm Anglican, though I cant say that I actually care about it.

Religion.. is what? :/

Though being a Pagan sounds fun :D
Part founder of the Ilache Darastri Clan.

WolfyDragon
Species: Wolfylike

Post by WolfyDragon »

Well, yeh. strangly by birth I too am anglican, but I seem to like The way Paganisim works. :D
Keita Haruka
Alpha Wolf
Species: Black wolf

Post by Keita Haruka »

I'm an eclectic Wiccan (Pagan), but was born and raised Christian (Jehovah's Witness). But that's a whone other kettle of fish... :P
Tigris Astartes
Sexual preference: bi-mostly straight
Species: Snow leopard/Siberian Tiger

Post by Tigris Astartes »

Atheist .. because thats just how I am and what I believe.
Snow Leopard + Siberian Tiger

Find my Furaffinity here.

Telegram:
Image @TigrisAstartes
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy

What you don't believe :)
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~
Tigris Astartes

Well being an atheist is essentially a belief.. its the belief that there is no higher power.

Telegram:
Image @TigrisAstartes
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy

It was kinda was a joke. I'm sorta atheist myself.
~John Stuart Mill~

~John Milton~
Tigris Astartes

Hehe sorry you can't blame me can you? I don't know much about anyone here yet.

Telegram:
Image @TigrisAstartes
Dracius
Ilache Darastri

Post by Dracius »

White Tiger wrote:Hehe sorry you can't blame me can you? I don't know much about anyone here yet.
Heh, i'm pretty sure thats going to change soon ^..^

And... I cant even say that i'm an Atheist. I dont think i'm a lost soul.. It just generally doesnt bother me. I'm always at peace with myself :D
Part founder of the Ilache Darastri Clan.

Dualsa
Species: Blue Point Siamese or Husky

Post by Dualsa »

The only reason I really made this poll was out of sheer curiosity :3 It's nice to know what other people believe, because when you look at the main religions of today, e.g, Christianity, Buddhism, Islam, etc, they're all pretty similar, with minor differences. Unfortunately, with most religions you'll get extremists and that's what puts most people off. I myself, being Christian, am put off Christianity when I see someone high and mightily preaching to somebody who already has their own beliefs. It's fine if someone asks about it, but religion should'nt be shoved down peoples throats. Also, rant over :P

Also, White Tiger, Dracius is right, you'll learn plenty about everyone over time ^^
Back after a long absence! Sometimes Siamese, sometimes Husky. Can't blame me for indecision, just gief me feesh :V
Tigris Astartes

:3 I'm sure I will ^^

Interestingly enough in a census these are the SA results:

Zion Christian 11.1%, Pentecostal/Charismatic 8.2%, Catholic 7.1%, Methodist 6.8%, Dutch Reformed 6.7%, Anglican 3.8%, Muslim 1.5%, other Christian 36%, other 2.3%, unspecified 1.4%, none 15.1%

I wonder how many were atheist?

Well here is one of the world:

Christians 33.32% (of which Roman Catholics 16.99%, Protestants 5.78%, Orthodox 3.53%, Anglicans 1.25%), Muslims 21.01%, Hindus 13.26%, Buddhists 5.84%, Sikhs 0.35%, Jews 0.23%, Baha'is 0.12%, other religions 11.78%, non-religious 11.77%, atheists 2.32% (2007 est.)

I consider non-religious and atheists to be pretty similar.. since atheism is just simply not believing in a higher power.

Telegram:
Image @TigrisAstartes
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy

That's what people say when they are asked. How many of those people that say they have that religion actually follow it's principles?
~John Stuart Mill~

~John Milton~
Tigris Astartes

Well even if someone is a Christian, they are a Christian if they are following its ways or not, that's why according to them there is a heaven and a hell. But yea I doubt many follow the rules.

Telegram:
Image @TigrisAstartes
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy

No. A religion is a group of people with common beliefs, traditions and morals. That's why you have to make a distinction between ordinary Muslims and Islamic extremists. They both claim to be Muslim but only one adheres to the principles. That's also why there are so many divisions of Christianity. If someone claims to be a vegetarian but eats meat then they aren't a vegetarian. If a person claims to be from a religion but doesn't follow it's principles then they're not part of that religion.
~John Stuart Mill~

~John Milton~
Zen_Jackal
Species: P. sapiens superior

Post by Zen_Jackal »

Hmmm...Atheist.

Militant, actually. No offence but, I think religion has done more harm than good.

I was born Protestant (Christian), turned to Wicca, dabbled in the Catholic Occult (wiht results that scarred me for life, so no more of that stuff...) Into Buddhism, which introduced me to being a full-time vegetarian (which I still am.) Through an Agnostic 'denial' phase, read Richard Dawkins' 'The God Delusion.' Then read Charles Darwin's 'The Origin of Species.' The final nail in the coffin, so to speak, was when I re-read the Bible.

Now, as stated above, Atheist. Thank the gods that I never went into Satanism, the most destructive of all...

Again, no offence, just my two cents!
Darkeraven
Species: Skunk

Post by Darkeraven »

To be honest I don't know what I am.

I would say I am atheist, but i do read up about Pagan and Wicca. I find these two followings very interesting.

I was always allowed to follow my own beliefs whilst growing up. My parents are not very religious, well except on Easter and Christmas. My mom never misses those days to go to church.

I have no problem with other people's beliefs, just as long as they respect mine.
Kodey
Species: Caribou

Post by Kodey »

I really have no clue what religion I am. I've been thinking about it for a long time. Like i believe some stuff that is said in all different types of religions, but I don't believe enough to make me wanna say I'm a part of that religion.
Rudolf's got nothing on me.
Part of the 3
Muske-Queers.

OH MY GOD! - <(º:º)> [bang]---¬_(^.^ ) - Ha ha ha ha!

B_3D
Species: ah... im a Brion... ask Gryph

Post by B_3D »

Rakuen Growlithe wrote:No. A religion is a group of people with common beliefs, traditions and morals. That's why you have to make a distinction between ordinary Muslims and Islamic extremists. They both claim to be Muslim but only one adheres to the principles. That's also why there are so many divisions of Christianity. If someone claims to be a vegetarian but eats meat then they aren't a vegetarian. If a person claims to be from a religion but doesn't follow it's principles then they're not part of that religion.
Well said Rakuen, i myself am a New Apostolic Christian and i believe that i am living up to its principles. Thats not to say i dont sin, i am after all only human, but i will never stop striving for perfection.
You have been weighed, measured and found wanting!

One of the 3 Muske-queers
Gryph
Species: Wolf with wings

Post by Gryph »

Myself, Snow and Reaver are all Pagan.

Religion is always a difficult thing to talk about. Especially when going into details. You grow up being told that one way is right and you really believe it to the depth of ur core simply because you know ur parents/teachers wouldnt lie to you. Then one day some1 comes along and says they believe in something else... this is when you either tell him he's wrong and that he's going to hell or listen to him and his ideals/beliefs and make up ur own mind from there. Maybe try and take an even deeper understanding by learning more about that which is "different" Iv said this so many times but quite honestly "to each his own"
I hug straight people

Official member of the Muske-queers
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy

I just read "The God Delusion" by Richard Dawkins. Very good book and I'll recommend it. He says there's probably not a God and points out all sorts of weird things from various religions and the way humans think.
~John Stuart Mill~

~John Milton~
THE CORINTHIAN
Silent Stalker
Species: CHIMERA\HYBRID

Post by THE CORINTHIAN »

I would have to say that im Christian dont know what denomination though. I also tend to dabel in a littel Wicca & other Pagan things. Lets just say I foun a coupel of witches hideing on buth sides of my family tree. That would explain some of tha weird things that happen to my sister & I but thats another story for another post.

But what I believe is that haveing fath in some sort of higher power even any kind of Pagon. Then all is well & good.

I feel realy sad for Atheists cause for them there is no heaven or hell, no reburth of any kind. There is nothing for them when they die.

I jusr thought of a funny story that realy happend. Two friends of mine one Catholic & the other Atheist. My Catholic friend after a long time of trying to convince our Atheist finde to find some sort of religion just gives up trying. He then hase a strange idea. He decides that he wants to buy our Atheist friends soul. Thay came to some sort of agreement & my Atheist friend even signed the contract in his own blood. Thay get me to bear witness & they decide to trust me to be the one to keep the the contract safe. Six months laier our Atheist friend falls madly in love with a hot Jewish girl who will only go out with other Jewish guys. So our friend decides to convert to the Jewish fath. He goes for every thing even haveing his weenie sniped. But one problem now he hase to try & get his soul back.
Im not gona go through all the details of what he had to do to get his soul back. But lets just say if you have seen any Fear Factor & multiply it by 20 that would only be half of what he had to do. After all we put him through he didnt give up & he finerly got his soul back. He eventuly maried that girl he fell in love with & I hear that thay are gona have ther first childe soon.
Im 60% Jaguar with 30% Dragon, 10% wolf & 100% HOT
A paladin warrior
May be inactive cause I lack proper internet
Chocolate the only thing I can never say no to
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy

There's no reason to believe there is a heaven or hell though. In any case no hell sounds like a definite plus. How come Christians are so against dying if they get to go to heaven? And why do they want to punish people if they're going to be punished in hell? It makes no sense.

As for your story that is pretty freaky. You have some really weird friends.
On a similar note in "The God Delusion" a story was mentioned where a guy did that, only converted to Islam for his wife, and then he was killed because they said he didn't really believe and converted for selfish reasons.
~John Stuart Mill~

~John Milton~
DesertYote
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
Species: Coyote

Post by DesertYote »

I was raised Roman Catholic, then my family started going to an Episcopalian church because of some differing viewpoints. Stayed that way for several years, and went through four of the seven sacraments. I had even considered becoming a deacon. Then during college I really stopped going to church, and my views began to change. I began to learn a lot of Hinduism and Buddhism, which greatly appealed to me at the time.

These days, I tend to value many "religions", as they all generally have good things to teach. Of course, there are also negative aspects in them. I've also been witness to extremism, so I've seen the good, the bad, and the ugly of a bunch of religions.

'Yote