Learners or Drivers license

Any discussion not related to furry goes in here. Politics, religion, current affairs...this is the place for it.
Kodey
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: Caribou
Region: Gauteng

Learners or Drivers license

Post by Kodey »

This is the biggest thing I'm struggling to get in South Africa. I can never get a booking no matter how hard I try. Anyone else having a problem with this? or is there anyone that knows a test center that is easy to get a booking at in Gauteng?
Rudolf's got nothing on me.
Part of the 3
Muske-Queers.

OH MY GOD! - <(º:º)> [bang]---¬_(^.^ ) - Ha ha ha ha!

Wolfers
Snugglebeast
Species: Wolf/Bear

Re: Learners or Drivers license

Post by Wolfers »

You might have to look outside of the city *nosies*

I got mine in Coligny - there's only 2 stop streets, and nothing else. *snickers*
~Wolfers~

Professional Animal Impersonator
Kodey
Species: Caribou

Post by Kodey »

Where the hell is Coligny? :shock:
*prods the wolf playfully*
Rudolf's got nothing on me.
Part of the 3
Muske-Queers.

OH MY GOD! - <(º:º)> [bang]---¬_(^.^ ) - Ha ha ha ha!

Dracius
Ilache Darastri
Sexual preference: Straight
Species: Dragon
Region: Western Cape

Post by Dracius »

You cant find a booking? So are all the waiting lists closed?
Part founder of the Ilache Darastri Clan.

anoyomouse
Sexual preference: Bi-mostly gay
Species: Brown House mouse

Post by anoyomouse »

We call it ENatis

the system that can do a whopping 3 transactions a second, i mean a whopping .. 3

unlike mysql that can do hundreds, maybe even thousands by now >.>

i got my booking in springs fairly easily in january, to get a driving licence ... i'm wondering if calling a driving school and having them book it for you is a better idea!
~~~(___^> *squeak*
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Growlithe (pokemon)
Region: Other

Post by Rakuen Growlithe »

I got my learners first time and went for my drivers twice. Both time's I didn't get past the first driving bit -blush- although that wasn't really my fault. They only give you two chances so even if you don't hit anything you can't try again. I've seen people try ten or more times to get into a park before. And if you fail one part of the test they fail you completely without even seeing whether you can do the rest.
Then after my learners expired I heard you can pay R50 or so and have it extended without redoing the test. Something they never mentioned once.
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~
Razotter
Species: River Otter
Region: KZN and Eastern Cape

Post by Razotter »

I had heard that they were restricting you to only be able to apply for your license at testing stations closest to your residence. Hopefully that hasn't happened.

I guess there are advantages to living in a small country town that happens to have a testing station n.n

Good luck with your test when you do get an appointment Mr Reindeer. I'll be holding thumbs for you.
Wolfers
Snugglebeast

Post by Wolfers »

Kodey wrote:Where the hell is Coligny? :shock:
*prods the wolf playfully*
*giggles and prods back* Quite literally in the middle of nowhere...

But it was my only option, as the "heavy" traffic in Klerksdorp was too much for poor me at that point *laughs* This was 6 years ago, and as Razzie said, you might not be allowed to bend the rules like i did anymore :(
~Wolfers~

Gowuffie
Species: Whatever you need me to be.

Post by Gowuffie »

I'm almost 21 and I still don't have a learners... :? Just never got around to it. I'll make sure to make a booking very very soon.
Keita Haruka
Alpha Wolf
Species: Black wolf

Post by Keita Haruka »

I did mine while living in Potch. I got a booking without any hastles whatsoever. Got the learners first try, and the drivers as well. What can I say? Mom taught me how to drive in the real world, and the Potch University Driving thing taught me K53. ;) Can't go wrong with that. :lol:
Wolfers
Snugglebeast

Post by Wolfers »

Keita Haruka wrote:I did mine while living in Potch. I got a booking without any hastles whatsoever. Got the learners first try, and the drivers as well. What can I say? Mom taught me how to drive in the real world, and the Potch University Driving thing taught me K53. ;) Can't go wrong with that. :lol:
Can you believe this wuff? We used to live in the same town, and go to the same university, completely oblivious to each other! *giggles*

Keita, did the Uni teach you the K53 in one of those red Citigolfs with the big sign on the roof? Those things are starting ot become a real road hazzard here, hehe...
~Wolfers~

Keita Haruka
Alpha Wolf
Species: Black wolf

Post by Keita Haruka »

lol! Yeah. Incredible isn't it? I lived there for close to 7 years and we never even knew. :P Oh well.

And yes. Although they taught me in the white CitiGolf, not the red or green one. Those are kinda cool. They have peddals on both sides of the car. :mrgreen:
Dracius
Ilache Darastri
Species: Dragon

Post by Dracius »

Razotter wrote:I had heard that they were restricting you to only be able to apply for your license at testing stations closest to your residence. Hopefully that hasn't happened.
Apparnetly, this has happened, which really sucks for alot of people...

I didnt really have a problem in getting my license. I have motor oil running through my blood XD. I'll be looking into getting myself a racing license soon XD
Part founder of the Ilache Darastri Clan.

anoyomouse
Sexual preference: Bi-mostly gay
Species: Brown House mouse

Post by anoyomouse »

well, i'm on my 4th learners licence, never had much will to get my licence, but anyways

i called the driving school up and they are booking my drivers for me :D

looks like i might get a car finally :P
~~~(___^> *squeak*
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy
Species: Growlithe (pokemon)
Region: Other

Post by Rakuen Growlithe »

I should be getting a second learners soon. But even if I do then I got to worry about petrol. It's a cruel world.
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~
Dualsa
Species: Blue Point Siamese or Husky
Region: KZN and Eastern Cape

Post by Dualsa »

I'm going for my drivers test on the 18th of July, here in PE, though it was meant to be on the 31st of May, just after my birthday, but thats another story. Anyway, I didn't have much trouble getting a booking, though pe is quiet enough I guess
Back after a long absence! Sometimes Siamese, sometimes Husky. Can't blame me for indecision, just gief me feesh :V
Yukon
Species: Husky/wolf

Post by Yukon »

Got my car pretty much as I turned 17.. was a rebel though, drove a good 20,000km between that and my mom's cars before getting my drivers, and drove down to Durban via Lesotho while I was staff on an adventure race. Border police at Sani Pass (Lesotho) didn't even check the fact that I was 17 and driving someone else's car through at the time with just a 16 year old friend with me - even got a GSD from the police in the process (without paying the R1500 they originally asked) =P Hehe, good ol' memories :D

Wouldn't recommend that to anyone else though, I was rather lucky, plus I guess there weren't as many road blocks back then.
There are 10 types of people in this world: those that understand binary, and those that don't.