Loving the winter weather. What's everyone else doing?

Any discussion not related to furry goes in here. Politics, religion, current affairs...this is the place for it.
Razotter
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: River Otter
Region: KZN and Eastern Cape

Loving the winter weather. What's everyone else doing?

Post by Razotter »

Ahh, the bite of winter. Nothing cheers this otter up more than curling up in bed with a good book. Unless perhaps its curling up in bed with a good book on an overcast and drizzly day. But that doesn't happen much in winter here, so I'll content myself with the cold.

So what's everyone else doing at the moment? And this is a no
sadness thread, kay? only warm and fuzzy and fluffy stuff can go here, kaysies? n.n
Red
Down Under Fozzy
Species: Fox
Region: Freestate

Re: Loving the winter weather. What's everyone else doing?

Post by Red »

I love winter because that is when the magical white stuff start to appear on the group and create a winter wonderland. Of course, I like the white stuff on the ground so that I can rip it up going at insane speeds down the side of the hill! Skiing, the best thing since sliced bread! ;)

Cheers, Red. :D
This signature is blank.
Razotter
Species: River Otter
Region: KZN and Eastern Cape

Post by Razotter »

Red wrote: Skiing, the best thing since sliced bread! ;)
Mmmm, sliced bread. *nomnomnomnom*
Kodey
Species: Caribou
Region: Gauteng

Post by Kodey »

I'm not a big fan of winter, but I do love snowboarding. And cuddling up in bed to watch a movie with a cup of hot chocolate. :P I wouldn't mind going up to Tiffindale ski resort in the Drakensburg mountains. ^^
Rudolf's got nothing on me.
Part of the 3
Muske-Queers.

OH MY GOD! - <(º:º)> [bang]---¬_(^.^ ) - Ha ha ha ha!

Dracius
Ilache Darastri
Sexual preference: Straight
Species: Dragon
Region: Western Cape

Post by Dracius »

I enjoy winter quite a bit, though working from home also has its perks during said season.

I usually just cuddle up with my tail and enjoy the warm breeze of my PC XD
Part founder of the Ilache Darastri Clan.

Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Growlithe (pokemon)
Region: Other

Post by Rakuen Growlithe »

I like winter but I hate birds and now when it rains instead of listening to it I have to drown out a bunch of screeches.
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~
Wolfers
Snugglebeast
Species: Wolf/Bear

Post by Wolfers »

Rakuen Growlithe wrote:I like winter but I hate birds and now when it rains instead of listening to it I have to drown out a bunch of screeches.
*gasp* Specist!
~Wolfers~

Professional Animal Impersonator
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy

Am not. I'm a noiseist. I slept in this one bungalow at Kruger and there were bats living in the ceiling. Wanted to kill them too. -smiles sweetly-

I like cats though. Purring is a nice sound.
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~
szczurex
Lord of the keyboard
Species: Gray Wolf

Post by szczurex »

I can't speak of winter as i currently have summer over here...
Heh, pathetic people over here can't stand a 30°C in the shade...
I consider it made of awesome.
Bah, i'll spend it as usual... Not moving from the city, like most of my life...

But i like a good winter - a one that HAS snow... Unlike our last one (rain, muck and mud =/)
And nope, i never tried skiing in my life, nor snowboarding. I have yet to go on a snowy mountain...
I'm a .
I DO bite. :3
Gowuffie
Species: Whatever you need me to be.

Post by Gowuffie »

It's a cold 13C here today, with a terrifyingly chill wind. Sitting under my blanket, typing this message... Ah, yes, South African winter - shorts, t-shirt and a blanket, never having to face below 10C during the day and rarely at night. Made of win. Don't know how I'd survive anywhere else as I wear shorts 95% of the time. D:
Red
Down Under Fozzy
Species: Fox
Region: Freestate

Post by Red »

szczurex wrote:I can't speak of winter as i currently have summer over here...
Heh, pathetic people over here can't stand a 30°C in the shade...
I consider it made of awesome.
Bah, i'll spend it as usual... Not moving from the city, like most of my life...

But i like a good winter - a one that HAS snow... Unlike our last one (rain, muck and mud =/)
And nope, i never tried skiing in my life, nor snowboarding. I have yet to go on a snowy mountain...
When Europe hits 27°C, they start panicking, while here we call it "cool", ahhh the wonders of living in a hotter place than Europe!

Australia had a heatwave last summer where the maximum peaked above 35°C for 10 days in a row, so it was a pain for us as we never managed to get any relief until the 11th day where the max temperature for the day was 14°C, yes, 14°C compared to 35°C! :D

My personal record is 53°C which was BLISTERING hot and no way would I want to do that again! :o
This signature is blank.
Keita Haruka
Alpha Wolf
Species: Black wolf

Post by Keita Haruka »

I'm HATING winter. I can never get warm, even with a gasheater and a hot water bottle and a blanket and warm clothes. My paws are ALWAYS cold. :x My family jokes that my thermostat is broken. :mrgreen: I'm soooo looking forward to winter in the USA though. My wolfy tells me there's snow and showed me some pictures. It looks COLD...but! He tells me he doesn't mind me warming my cold paws against his nice, warm body, so at least my nights won't be cold like they currently are. :P
Valerion
Alpha Wolf
Species: Werewolf

Post by Valerion »

I am a winter wuff. Love cold weather, dislike extreme heat. And by that I mean anything above 25 degrees. 30 is really, really hot for me. My ideal temperatures are between 16 and 20 degrees. I can easily handle temperatures in the single digits (above 0, though).
Wolfers
Snugglebeast
Species: Wolf/Bear

Post by Wolfers »

Valerion wrote:I am a winter wuff. Love cold weather, dislike extreme heat. And by that I mean anything above 25 degrees. 30 is really, really hot for me. My ideal temperatures are between 16 and 20 degrees. I can easily handle temperatures in the single digits (above 0, though).
I totally agree with you, Valerion ^.^

Except for a few times very early in the morning when i don't really wanna leave my warm den, and end up shivering; i would not mind winter weather any day of the year *grins*
~Wolfers~

Professional Animal Impersonator
Yukon
Species: Husky/wolf

Post by Yukon »

The temperature in Jozi certainly took quite a dip in the past week or two..though still I'm mostly going around just wearing a tshirt and my unzipped k-way jacket...though i guess the worst is yet to come. I'm a summer person in general, though given the option of absolute extremes, i'll choose cold over heat.

Have a joke with a few friends of mine when I wear my wolf t-shirts in winter and they're bundled in a million layers of clothing - "the wolves are keeping me warm =P ".
There are 10 types of people in this world: those that understand binary, and those that don't.
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy

I prefer winter because I prefer my winter clothes. they're just more comfortable and look nice. although I don't like how my paws start to freeze in winter. Then again I don't like being all sweaty in summer so yeah. But swimming in summer is nice. I guess I'm just confused.
~John Stuart Mill~

~John Milton~
Dracius
Ilache Darastri
Species: Dragon

Post by Dracius »

Well, despite me enjoying winter, I love summer too. I'm not too picky when it comes to seasons.. I just adapt to any day ;) Allow me to quote a certain draconic website..

"Finally, this genus is known to have scales that able to \'change\' with environment, unlike a lizard\'s skin blending color, their scales can be soften or harden, heat up the dragon in cold air, and cool down when its getting hot. All depends on environment."

XD XD
Part founder of the Ilache Darastri Clan.