SHNSA (Warning, volunteerism ahead)

Any discussion not related to furry goes in here. Politics, religion, current affairs...this is the place for it.
Hargan
Species: Foxeh
Region: Gauteng

SHNSA (Warning, volunteerism ahead)

Post by Hargan »

Stop Hunger Now South Africa, for those wondering :P

First off: I do not know where to place this so I placed it here at the suggestion of Val.

Right, getting to what I want to say.

How many people here feel that something is wrong with South Africa? How many of you feel that you want change, but have no idea how to?

Well, here's an opportunity for you.

Our organization is focused not on just feeding people, but helping them through the insurance of food. We focus on ECD (Early Childhood Development) centers at the moment (daycares, creches) but also send food for disaster relief.

So how can you help? Most people here ask for a donation. Not me. I say:

Get your fuzzy behind down to our headquarters in Germiston on the next upcoming open saturday (every second saturday morning of the month). Come and see how we pack 20 000 meals in between 2-4 hours. Now, that isn't an exaggeration, nor is it our highest target.

So what do you do on your saturday mornings?

Further public events will be updated on this forum.

Details:
http://www.stophungernowsa.org/
Time: 9-9:30 am start, and until 13:00/14:00 or we finish
11 A Kinghts Gate Office park
Corner of Jack, Jonas and just off Refinery road. Entrance is is on Jonas Street.
Note: It is right off the M2 for those afraid of Germiston

So next time someone asks what you did with your day, can you say you helped back 20 000 meals?

Please, feel free to ask questions and such here.
Warning: Has been known to speak his mind

Firm believer in Spiral Power