Dream Location?

Any discussion not related to furry goes in here. Politics, religion, current affairs...this is the place for it.
Red
Down Under Fozzy
Species: Fox
Region: Freestate

Dream Location?

Post by Red »

What is your dream home? Is there a place in the world that is in your mind that you are desperate to visit or even live there?

My dream location would be a place where it is situation high up in the mountain in a small hamlet village with an awesome view of the snow capped mountains and a short ride to a good sized ski resort that I could visit on the weekend. The house would be a chalet style house with a nice large open fireplace (good for those marshmellow times!) and a circular seating arrangement around it. A game room would be adjacent to the living room with a well stocked bar and a large open balcony outside with gas heaters to keep you warm on those sunny blue bird days in the middle of winter and a hot tub on the corner for a group of people to sit in while it is snowing fluffy flakes around them with the warm water keeping them warm. The second floor would have balconies and large double pane windows offering you a view of the mountains and the surrounding area from your bedroom. The garage would have a small collection of skiddos and a snowcat for use in the middle of winter while a nice euro sport car that would be used in summer time for the mountain roads with the top down in the mild summer air. And last but not least, a private lear business jet parked at the local airport for me to use at my will!

Sheesh, I dream a lot!

Tell me your dreams!
This signature is blank.
szczurex
Lord of the keyboard
Species: Gray Wolf
Region: Other

Re: Dream Location?

Post by szczurex »

My dream...

To live in another country, English language country. Having a small house that has everything for my needs... A living room filled with books and DVDs on the shelves, with a nice TV, a bedroom with a cozy corner for a PC, that i could work on, and a place that i could use for drawing... My needs aren't much. I'd be even happier living in a bit bigger house with friend furs ;3 The more the merrier. :D
I'm a .
I DO bite. :3
Red
Down Under Fozzy

Post by Red »

A very modest dream that you have there! Interesting to see what you would like to have there! :D
This signature is blank.
szczurex
Lord of the keyboard
Species: Gray Wolf

Post by szczurex »

Who knows, you might be able to see it in the furure... But in not-so-close future that is.
I'm a .
I DO bite. :3
Red
Down Under Fozzy

Post by Red »

szczurex wrote:Who knows, you might be able to see it in the furure... But in not-so-close future that is.
You might have a point there, but dreams are something that keeps us going to set as a goal for us to reach eventually. Without dreams, we would get no where!
This signature is blank.
Denim
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: Human
Region: Gauteng

Post by Denim »

HAHA! Awesome... Alright, my husky and I have talked about this a lot and the one thing we both would love to have ... Is a hug expanse of prime tarmac in the back yard. What for?

The garage full of modified, sports and race cars, obviously :)
You might want to buckle up.
Red
Down Under Fozzy

Post by Red »

Denim wrote:HAHA! Awesome... Alright, my husky and I have talked about this a lot and the one thing we both would love to have ... Is a hug expanse of prime tarmac in the back yard. What for?

The garage full of modified, sports and race cars, obviously :)
Care to name all the car models you plan to put there to us? Would you also have a jet parked next to them all as an addition? :P
This signature is blank.
Denim

Post by Denim »

I could name a few cars, sure. The jet is a bit much though >.> Where I say a large stretch of concrete I mean more like... Square. The idea being that the area can be quickly altered to change the track layout at any time with just stacks of tires. And it can also be used as a skidpan ^_^

My husky likes his supercars. He'd want at least a Ferrari F430 Scuderia, but he's got his eyes on an edo Scuderia 630 now. In addition he'd like some kind of small, electric car and a few more toys, like a TDi R8 and a Porsche 911 Turbo (that we'd have to share).

As for me... A Jaguar XF-R, deep grey, most of the extras and a big slice of tigerboner. And a Vauxhall VXR8. In addition, a '64 Shelby GT350h, a Saleen SC302 Mustang, an Audi S5 (most beautiful Audi ever).

A few more shared vehicles... E92 M3, IS-F, a Koenigsegg CCXR, Saleen S5 Raptor and a whole heap of less expensive, but still nippy cars :)
Keita Haruka
Alpha Wolf
Species: Black wolf

Post by Keita Haruka »

lol! Demin...yeah. I think i'll keep my muzzle shut about the choices of cars you have. :P About the only one of those i would personally like to have would be the Jaguar XF-R. ;)

But getting back to that dream place...I just don't know. I used to have very specific dreams in the past...before I lost my heart to a certain white wolfy. :) These days, there is not a single location or type of home I can think of that I wouldn't be happy living in. As long as he is there, life is perfect. We have talked about the kind of home we'd like, and we have very similar taste, which is "not too big, maybe 2 or three bedrooms, with rich, deep toned colours and varying textures for the surfaces. No white allowed! Simple and elegant, uncluttered and tasteful. it should be in a forested area, close to the ocean, preferably out in the country, in a small community. But still close to a city so we can go out and play". He likes loft apartments. Those are nice...but personally I like my privacy and a loft is not private enough to suit me. I saw a design in a lodge we lived in that had a single bathroom and bedroom upstairs, completely closed off, that opened onto a sort of indoor balcony that ovrlooked the downstairs lounge. It had a tiny lounge upstairs that connected the room to a door that opened on an outside balcony. Downstairs, it was all open plan, with the exception of the second bedroom and bathroom. I just loved that! It's so simple, so hugely impractical...but so socially intimate while still offering little private retreats for lovers. :oops:

Other additions...well, a pool would be nice, and a garage for the Mercedes 300SEL 6.3, the 560SEC, the S63 AMG, the 280GE and the 280TE. And maybe a C63 AMG, a Saab 9-3 Aero, an Alfa 8C Competizione, Alfa Brera, Subaru Legacy 2.5GT, Mecedes 300CE convertable... :oops: Yeah...much as I love cars of all kinds, including the Lamborghinis and Paganis of this world...personally I prefer something a bit more sedate and elegant, but still fun when you want to have that. :P

My wolfie would be happy with just his Mazda 626 though. He's not much of a car nut, although he IS good with his paws.
Denim

Post by Denim »

I picked some very beautiful cars. Yours tend toward the plush, GTs, mine are more about aesthetics and power.
Keita Haruka
Alpha Wolf
Species: Black wolf

Post by Keita Haruka »

I suppose that's true. I'm not allergic to power...but I do prefer that it be delivered in a controlled matter rather than in a cloud of smoke. :mrgreen: But yes. GT's suit me a lot better. Something that can just incidentally knock a supercar for a six in a cross continental dash...if not necessarily around the race track. :) Aesthetics do play a part in my choices though. The Alfa 8C is one of the most beautiful cars ever built, and there's something about the bauhaus lines of the S63 AMG that goes things to me. I like solidity, and that is one robust (and yet still elegant) design.
Dracius
Ilache Darastri
Sexual preference: Straight
Species: Dragon
Region: Western Cape

Post by Dracius »

First of all, your dreams are pretty sweet. Love the descriptions of all the thoughts ^..^

Denim, those are some SICK cars!! I cant really say much more than a E92 BMW M3, definitely in white. It is so humpable!! Also, I really have a soft spot for the Honda ballade's (not just cause I have it..) The design and style of the car just makes my maw drool *drools..* Though... Give me an Ariel Atom -anyday-. ;) I love the full mechanical works of a sports car. I know the software gives MASSIVE advantages... but this draggie wants to have fun ;) For me, a yellow 650KG chassis, 2-litre motor and 6-speed gear box, roll-cage roof, 10mm from the ground and screaming down a back staight... SEX. And then I'd tow it home with my NEW BMW X6, with the 4.odd litre twin turbo application thats rumored to feature in the top end model XD.

As for my dream... *grins* (possible irl)

I'd -love- to live in a 'Japanese style' setting of a river, where the moutains are full of lush vegitation, extremly calm and flat waters, and a single hut in the middle of the lake... *sighs a bit* I'd so love that. I'd then have a little boat (nothing extreme) that I can use to power myself to shower, where i'd my my garage and a road to civilisation XD

Not saying that I want to move to Japan, I know you get similar locations like these in South Africa, but obviously I've never had the chance to travel, but I REALLY plan on doing so in the future. Maybe I could buy a beach house or something XD

Oh, dont forget my dozen or so of Asian chicks that hands me sex 24/7. *laughs*

As for my dream that would never happen... I'd need to create a short story for that :P
Part founder of the Ilache Darastri Clan.

Yukon
Species: Husky/wolf

Post by Yukon »

This is something that hasn't changed (much) in over 10 years for me:

Relatively large double story house with a "clean" looking garden (not thousands of flowers & trees all over, just neatly around the edges), plenty of parking space (for hosting parties =P), large lounge extending into a games room with a pool table & dart boards (and fully-stocked bar), heated swimming pool, perhaps indoors. One room will be dedicated to computer stuff, and most of the house can be controlled by computer on a system accessible via cellphone (heaters, curtains/blinds, appliances).

Mazda RX-8 as a primary car, Ferrari Testarossa & Lamborghini Countach as collectibles for weekend driving. Have many other cars I like, but won't delve into that now. Location would still be in Jozi - friends I have here are irreplaceable, plus contacts for pretty much anything imaginable.
There are 10 types of people in this world: those that understand binary, and those that don't.
Ocean knight
Species: Grey wolf

Post by Ocean knight »

My dream house would in Norway. Norway is just so amazing beautiful. As for a house i want a small modern house far away from the city. I love technology and parts of city life but it's nice to get away from civilization. On second thought that will be my holiday home. My house would be in LA California. I've always liked America. I want a reasonably sized house, for one person but with space for guests. Ohh and i need a pool.
As for a car i want a Mclaren P1. If i have a Mclaren i will be so happy i won't need another car. And Ariel Atom 500. Why? Ariel claims this variant will accelerate from 0-60 mph in "less than 2.3 seconds" That's why.
We are drowning in conformity.
Franky
The Bad Guy
Species: Mortally Challenged Fox

Post by Franky »

All these furries that disappeared. :lol:

Would be interesting to know what exactly happened in 2010/2011.
Raven Song
Stealer of Time
Sexual preference: Other
Species: Shapeshifting Anubian

Post by Raven Song »

they just went *poof*
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist. Pablo Picasso
Neon
Species: Huskeh

Post by Neon »

Oh damn. This is probably the biggest thread necro I've seen yet
Franky
The Bad Guy

Post by Franky »

Neon wrote:Oh damn. This is probably the biggest thread necro I've seen yet
Nah, we had a 14 year old dude necro a thread on a roller coaster forum this year that was last posted in in 2000. Yes 2000, he wasn't even alive in 2000!
Raven Song
Stealer of Time
Sexual preference: Other
Species: Shapeshifting Anubian

Post by Raven Song »

When he was a young warthog...
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist. Pablo Picasso
Franky
The Bad Guy

Post by Franky »

Anyways my dream house would be a cabin in Alaska. Not a house or building in sight but a road on the one side for my 18 wheeler and bike collection. Nothing on the other side for miles.
Dasc-Crescent
Species: Wolf

Post by Dasc-Crescent »

Well I don't have one single home I want for the rest of my life.
But ever since I was young, and even more so lately, I've wanted to live in a motor-home, travelling with my loved one.

Yeah its a bit unrealistic, But Motorhomes are so cool 0.0
As A kid I wanted a big bus conversion, honestly now I just want an old Westfalia kombi.
I watch a bunch of people on YouTube who do it, and it really seems great, I like the ruggedness of it, I grew up in rural part of KZN and I guess the fact that I'm getting tired of the city adds to it.

I also love the isolation and simplicity of it. Just me and Jaco on the road, and not much else.
If the world's at large, why should I remain
Asbjorn-phoenix
Papa Bear
Species: FireBear - Bear Phoenix hybrid

Post by Asbjorn-phoenix »

My dream home would probably be a log cabin in the middle of nowhere, think forest in the Rocky Mountains with all the mod cons run off solar and wind power with its own clean water source.
Somewhere I can become a hermit and forget about society.
If you've done nothing wrong you have nothing to fear,
if you've something to hide you shouldn't be here.