Relationships?

Any discussion not related to furry goes in here. Politics, religion, current affairs...this is the place for it.

Are you in a relationship right now?

Yes, and the other is a furry too.
27%
Yes, but the other isn't a furry.
13%
Maybe. I'm not sure. (o.?)
4%
No, but I'd like to find someone.
42%
No, and I'm not planning on it anytime soon.
14%

Total votes: 122
Adagio
Warm Hearted
Sexual preference: Other
Species: Snow Leopard
Region: Gauteng

Re: Relationships?

Post by Adagio »

Ryall wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:21 pm Lol, burn! :lol:
Art (c) NowAndLater<br />Char (c) Novus
Art (c) NowAndLater
Char (c) Novus
Capture.PNG (91.63 KiB) Viewed 3635 times
Adagio
Warm Hearted

Post by Adagio »

Wow things have changed since that last post...
Yeah. Tocs and I parted ways. Rather unceremoniously I might add.

But I started seeing someome new. ^^
Kievvu
Species: Canis Lupus
Region: Northwest and North Cape

Post by Kievvu »

Had to change my vote from a no to a yes. Almost 3 years now XD
Steam: Kievvu
Telegram: @Kievvu
Furry Amino: Kievvu
Discord: Kievvu#1856
Blizzard: Kievvu#2944
LaShadow
Sexual preference: Straight

Post by LaShadow »

Hard no xD
Ryall
Spotted Scallywag
Species: Hyena

Post by Ryall »

VoxLupus wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:33 pm Okay guys. I think it is time I broke the news.
If you followed the forum closely you probably already know and I have told a few people, furs and non-furs alike.
This is mainly for the stragglers who don't bother to check every thread and don't catch all the updates. Don't feel bad though; I would probably fall into this category too. :P
Well anyway, although the news isn't braking, I think it is about time that I made a statement on the forum.
For about 6 months (exactly in 2 days time) I have been in an 'official' relationship with someone I met on this forum. It was a long distance relationship but that has not seemed to be too much of a problem.
I say 'was' because in a few days time I will be moving down to Cape Town. :D
I have been accepted into UCT to study and have comfortable accommodation there with a school friend. :)
So I am in a comfortable and happy relationship with the one you know as 'Ryall'... Me, I am happy to call him 'boyfriend'. :lol:
Love you lots you silly hyena!!! Looking forward to seeing you again REALLY soon. ;)
<3

P.S. I think it is about time you changed your 'Sexual pre-fur-ence' field; you aren't fooling anyone any more :P
Wow, how time flies.

Herewith an update on this: VoxLupus and I shared many adventures together after he moved to Cape Town, and we still do. Fast forward a bit, we own a house in Joburg and have been living together for over three years.

14 July of this year marked our ten year anniversary together, and we got engaged on that day.

Here’s to many more years together! May the adventures never stop!

Cheers everyone! 🍻 😁
Hahaha! :lol:
Trace
Snep's Best Doggo
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Wolfdog/Shapeshifter
Region: Other

Post by Trace »

Oh, that's awesome!
Congratulations on your engagement, Ryall! ^.^
"I change shapes just to hide in this place, but I'm still, I'm still an animal" -Miike Snow, 'Animal'
"Where there's life, there's hope."-Terence
LaShadow

Post by LaShadow »

Ryall wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:45 am
VoxLupus wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:33 pm Okay guys. I think it is time I broke the news.
If you followed the forum closely you probably already know and I have told a few people, furs and non-furs alike.
This is mainly for the stragglers who don't bother to check every thread and don't catch all the updates. Don't feel bad though; I would probably fall into this category too. :P
Well anyway, although the news isn't braking, I think it is about time that I made a statement on the forum.
For about 6 months (exactly in 2 days time) I have been in an 'official' relationship with someone I met on this forum. It was a long distance relationship but that has not seemed to be too much of a problem.
I say 'was' because in a few days time I will be moving down to Cape Town. :D
I have been accepted into UCT to study and have comfortable accommodation there with a school friend. :)
So I am in a comfortable and happy relationship with the one you know as 'Ryall'... Me, I am happy to call him 'boyfriend'. :lol:
Love you lots you silly hyena!!! Looking forward to seeing you again REALLY soon. ;)
<3

P.S. I think it is about time you changed your 'Sexual pre-fur-ence' field; you aren't fooling anyone any more :P
Wow, how time flies.

Herewith an update on this: VoxLupus and I shared many adventures together after he moved to Cape Town, and we still do. Fast forward a bit, we own a house in Joburg and have been living together for over three years.

14 July of this year marked our ten year anniversary together, and we got engaged on that day.

Here’s to many more years together! May the adventures never stop!

Cheers everyone! 🍻 😁
Eyy Cheeeeers! Recently moved to Cape Town from Gauteng, maybe I should dabble in the relationship pool here lol.
Ryall
Spotted Scallywag
Species: Hyena

Post by Ryall »

Haha, thanks Trace and Lashadow!

Yeah why not Lashadow? Try everything. 😛
Hahaha! :lol:
LaShadow

Post by LaShadow »

Ryall wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 11:46 am Haha, thanks Trace and Lashadow!

Yeah why not Lashadow? Try everything. 😛
You know, yeah. Why not! Screw it, got nothing to loose :D Hmu up with any lonesome single folks around 22 y/o haha, time to hit the market and see what specials there is xD Who knows, maybe I get lucky.
Storm
Species: Fox

Post by Storm »

No,not interested in romance whatsoever.In fact I can be described as ''romance repulsed''. Having said that,I don't really use romantic orientation terminology because I don't find it all that useful.I simply call myself asexual.I am 100 % sure I do not experience sexual attraction,in the sense that I would be absolutely fine with never involving someone in a sexual way for the rest of my life.There is no urge to at all. If a bisexual person can simply call themselves bisexual ,I can call myself asexual.Coming out as asexual and agender literally saved my life so I'll just stick to those labels.

I don't think I can ever know if I experience romantic attraction with 100 % certainty.it's a much harder concept for me to wrap my head around.The important question for me is whether I want to have a partner.The answer is no,definitely not (whether platonic or romantic).I plan on staying single for the rest of my life.I find it difficult enough to form friendships,due to the fact that I take the concept of friendship very seriously and find it extremely difficult to trust others.While I have become more trusting of others lately,I would still not have many ''friends''.If I do decide that I care enough to consider someone a friend I would take it extremely seriously so it makes sense for me to be picky.Outside of ace spaces people don't really use romantic terminology anyway so simply calling myself ace is more comfy.I love the idea of staying single.I also do not fear being alone.
somnia
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: Wolf
Region: Western Cape

Post by somnia »

Storm wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 4:02 pm No,not interested in romance whatsoever.In fact I can be described as ''romance repulsed''. Having said that,I don't really use romantic orientation terminology because I don't find it all that useful.I simply call myself asexual.I am 100 % sure I do not experience sexual attraction,in the sense that I would be absolutely fine with never involving someone in a sexual way for the rest of my life.There is no urge to at all. If a bisexual person can simply call themselves bisexual ,I can call myself asexual.Coming out as asexual and agender literally saved my life so I'll just stick to those labels.

I don't think I can ever know if I experience romantic attraction with 100 % certainty.it's a much harder concept for me to wrap my head around.The important question for me is whether I want to have a partner.The answer is no,definitely not (whether platonic or romantic).I plan on staying single for the rest of my life.I find it difficult enough to form friendships,due to the fact that I take the concept of friendship very seriously and find it extremely difficult to trust others.While I have become more trusting of others lately,I would still not have many ''friends''.If I do decide that I care enough to consider someone a friend I would take it extremely seriously so it makes sense for me to be picky.Outside of ace spaces people don't really use romantic terminology anyway so simply calling myself ace is more comfy.I love the idea of staying single.I also do not fear being alone.
This is an interesting statement. A relationship doesn't necessarily need to be romantic, there is more to a relationship than romance.

For the longest time I myself thought I might be asexual, but then late last year it kinda hit me like a brick that I am definitely not, and a life partner does not sound to bad. The human brain craves shared experiences, even if one is aware of it or not.

But yeah, it is interesting to see how other people experience relationships and interpret them.
Storm

Post by Storm »

Sure ,platonic relationships are valid.I'm just not all that keen on having a partner. I like my alone time and being around people too often really isn't my cup of tea haha.
I suppose I am not entirely immune to craving shared experience per se but compared to most people I'd say that I definitely value alone time more.My thoughts keep me company.I very often find ideas more interesting than people.I also generally bond easier with animals than people.Having said that as a teacher I feel like I am not alone.As a ''friend'' to someone I am not alone. That's more than enough for me *shrugs*.

I suppose there are all kinds of possible reasons for this,including some experiences I went through.And yes,I do sometimes cut off emotions as a way to protect myself.But I've been working on that.If I end up caring about someone they definitely know though haha.

As for being ace I'm definitely sure I am by now haha so there's no doubt about that.I don't really view the label as having to be 100 % accurate in regards to the definition though,if someone feels it's a 98% fit that still counts in my opinion.I think there is a variety of ways to be straight,gay,bi and asexual.At some point you just know who you are.Or at least I do (have been entirely certain for the past 10 years or so).Having said that,I totally get that figuring yourself can be a process.
switchbadger
Species: Badger

Post by switchbadger »

Storm wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 5:03 pm Sure ,platonic relationships are valid.I'm just not all that keen on having a partner. I like my alone time and being around people too often really isn't my cup of tea haha.
I suppose I am not entirely immune to craving shared experience per se but compared to most people I'd say that I definitely value alone time more.My thoughts keep me company.I very often find ideas more interesting than people.I also generally bond easier with animals than people.Having said that as a teacher I feel like I am not alone.As a ''friend'' to someone I am not alone. That's more than enough for me *shrugs*.

I suppose there are all kinds of possible reasons for this,including some experiences I went through.And yes,I do sometimes cut off emotions as a way to protect myself.But I've been working on that.If I end up caring about someone they definitely know though haha.

As for being ace I'm definitely sure I am by now haha so there's no doubt about that.I don't really view the label as having to be 100 % accurate in regards to the definition though,if someone feels it's a 98% fit that still counts in my opinion.I think there is a variety of ways to be straight,gay,bi and asexual.At some point you just know who you are.Or at least I do (have been entirely certain for the past 10 years or so).Having said that,I totally get that figuring yourself can be a process.
Ayyyy! Another ace person!
I too walked along this path. Started off thinking I was "simply gay" as a teen. Put myself through a bunch of experiences that just traumatised me in my 20s. Ended up just staying single for like 10 years and tried on identifying as ace for the last 4 years. Ended up last year figuring out demisexual seems to fit better for me since the only time I ever seem to feel attraction to someone is after being friends for at least a year and a half.

I wish you comfort, strength, and safety while navigating these weird waters.
The journey just never seems to end
OhPossum
Sexual preference: Bi
Mastodon: Wooly elephant

Post by OhPossum »

I've had a few (but not many). Unfortunately I've always struggled when it comes to forming relationships (platonic or otherwise) so I appreciate the people that enter my life and choose to stay. This does make it a bit difficult for me to move on when they leave though.
Storm

Post by Storm »

switchbadger wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 5:19 pm
Storm wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 5:03 pm Sure ,platonic relationships are valid.I'm just not all that keen on having a partner. I like my alone time and being around people too often really isn't my cup of tea haha.

Ayyyy! Another ace person!
I too walked along this path. Started off thinking I was "simply gay" as a teen. Put myself through a bunch of experiences that just traumatised me in my 20s. Ended up just staying single for like 10 years and tried on identifying as ace for the last 4 years. Ended up last year figuring out demisexual seems to fit better for me since the only time I ever seem to feel attraction to someone is after being friends for at least a year and a half.

I wish you comfort, strength, and safety while navigating these weird waters.
The journey just never seems to end
Thanks for the welcome.
Adagio
Warm Hearted

Post by Adagio »

switchbadger wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 5:19 pm Ended up last year figuring out demisexual seems to fit better for me since the only time I ever seem to feel attraction to someone is after being friends for at least a year and a half.
Heyyy! Demi pride!
Attachments
IMG_20240314_182459_196.png
SadVac22
Species: Ampwave/Protogen
Region: Other

Post by SadVac22 »

I'm not really a relationship person, but I certainly enjoy company
Even standing before Satan himself, I still fight for the freedom of all.