Aaron's Lyrics & Literature

Have a flair for poetry, stories, or even write songs? Need some advice or looking for a beta-reader? This is the place for you!

Moderator: Erdwolf_TVL

Aaron Pictus
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: Lycaon Pictus
Region: Gauteng

Aaron's Lyrics & Literature

Post by Aaron Pictus »

Heya everyone.
So I am a bit of a muso and have spent most of my life and my time writing music and literature.
I have recently kinda slacked off a bit, particularly now that I have finally gotten my dream job and am now grinding like mad ^-^ .
No rest for the wicked I guess. But I am now going to try and apply it to you furs as a potential audience and perhaps an intensive to create more things when time lets me.
So if anyone is up to suffer a few melodies and the lyrics that come with them, this is the place to have a look :3
I may link a few recording s that go with these songs too.

Many of my friends know this, but you will find that most of the stuff I put together directly correlates with personal life events. Though I do make a point of writing my lyrics to allow anyone to relate to it in their own personal way.

I hope you enjoy.

I will begin with a simple extract of a song I have never been able to finish. (of which there are many) >:/
Well so I say, what did I learn, what did I learn? I said, oh you learned me the heart. Well your lies will burn in alcohol. To sterilize the perfect parts. Well at least that's a start - ShakeyGraves
Lycaon pictus | Aaron Uldar Pictus | Painted Dog | @AaronUPictus
Aaron Pictus

Re: Aaron's Lyrics & Literature

Post by Aaron Pictus »

Breathe You In
I'm giving up on stories, I wont shine as bright as you. Or anyone new.
Turn back withering time and let me find other lives that'll make do. With love to give to.
It's not enough, to only give out. I want to take you in.
I can feel it breaking up.
If I turn back a little to see a single moment of who I was, or who I could be.
Or I could fake just a little to seem much stronger. I'd be growing in pain but feeling much bolder.
Because its not enough, to only give out. I want to breathe you in.

I could never finish this one, and it's easily one of the most frustrating ones of mine that have sine been impossible to complete. Though I feel it makes a nice little piece of literature.
Well so I say, what did I learn, what did I learn? I said, oh you learned me the heart. Well your lies will burn in alcohol. To sterilize the perfect parts. Well at least that's a start - ShakeyGraves
Aaron Pictus

Post by Aaron Pictus »

One Minute

It takes 60 seconds to iterate through all the different ideas, emotions, revelations and unneeded pain every time that individual exists. 60 seconds in its convenience, its efficiency as much as its unbearable span of time. A minute that is both experienced with brilliance in sensation as much as it is wasted.

Err once and for as long as it matters, it will serve its purpose. A inexorable moment in time will forever cast itself into the interstitial mold that was once a beating chest. It can not be helped to feel and to want. Indecisive is in the mind though it is cast without hesitation into the irrational heart.

A span so short in the now yet so long in the moment as it accumulates its presence. From day to existence, developing forms that are warm on some days, and cold on most. Eager to encourage penance as much ingrain hope for another minute.

It takes 60 seconds to instill an ideal that will last a lifetime until the next minute takes its place.

This is not a song at all. But it was a piece that was supposed to help inspire a song. It simply has to do with the major things that happen in our lives at every moment. Pretty strenuously laid out in that I make it feel like a minutes worth of one's emotions can be so intense it feels like an eternity of suffering or happiness.

This is just my interpretation of living through a minute of an emotional situation. ^-^
Trace
Snep's Best Doggo
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Wolfdog/Shapeshifter
Region: Other

Post by Trace »

Hey Aaron, these are really awesome. ^.^
I'd love to see you post more here.
I think 'Breathe You In' has a lot of potential to be a beautiful song.
"I change shapes just to hide in this place, but I'm still, I'm still an animal" -Miike Snow, 'Animal'
"Where there's life, there's hope."-Terence
Aaron Pictus

Post by Aaron Pictus »

Scooby-Doo wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:01 am Hey Aaron, these are really awesome. ^.^
I'd love to see you post more here.
I think 'Breathe You In' has a lot of potential to be a beautiful song.
Thank you very much! ^-^
Yeah I would love to work on that song, hopefully it'll come round.
Aaron Pictus

Post by Aaron Pictus »

For Those Who Have To Run

I close my eyes, pulling the colors faded out into the night.
And though this story has begun, you see me singing I'm not the only one.
To believe in you.To believe in...
Lights out, they're calling you home now.
And though this tails is written under the stairs, you're going nowhere, you don't even care.
Now they're telling you to move out.
But they're churning you on now.
And though you're braver than they are we knew you would go further than anyone else would.
To believe in, You~
Oh the wind drives harder than you could ever dream but you'll never feel the same, you'll never feel the same.
Stories in the wind and promises sunken in, you'll never feel the same, you'll never feel the same.
As you fly on by.
Pulling the colors slipping out into the light.
And though this dream has begun, something meaningful for those who have to run.
They believe in, you. They believe in you~

https://clyp.it/yw4ibob0
You can listen to the live recording on Clyp.

This is one of the first songs I wrote as I moved up to JHB and started looking for a job.
I has one significant meaning to me, though what the song means to the listener is more important in my opinion.
It was a piece made in thought for good people going through big changes in their lives along with hope for their courage and success. It means a lot for me to able to write music for those that I will never stop caring for. And this is one of those songs.
Aaron Pictus

Post by Aaron Pictus »

https://soundcloud.com/user-917930444/f ... ave-to-run

I decided to do a SoundCloud thing for all my stuff. So this is a link to the above song. ^-^
Aaron Pictus

Post by Aaron Pictus »

Happier

They don't need to me tell them how I'm feeling. It's all right, I'm doing fine.
Just got to make it down the line.
Hearts hurt, this room is cold and I'm so scared I could push you all away from me.
Just for the lack of self-control.

Cos you are that century old date.
That came to late, I couldn't wait now I'm left to pick up pieces of my
Sanity, I'm such a mystery.
Don't dissipate, by heart can't break. You're so much more than that to me,
Because for once I'm happier.

You don't need me to ask you how it's going. Cos you're all right, you're doing fine.
Something else is on your mind.
The lights are on, this hear is out gonna tuck it in the folds before I,
Lose my self control.

Cos you are that century old date.
That came to late, I couldn't wait now I'm left to pick up pieces of my
Sanity, I'm such a mystery.
Don't dissipate, by heart can't break. You're so much more than that to me,
Because for once I'm happier.

https://soundcloud.com/user-917930444/happier

It is quite a thing to develop the ability to wear your heart on your sleeve.
If you knew me before any of the good that I have recently gone through, I would have made a fool of that statement.
To me it was a sign if weakness to be able to throw your love to the ones you want to care for. And this is love that can fit any context in my opinion.

Whether it be the dedication to a friendship, or someone you know you could truly love. Over the past handful of months I suppose being who I am, and who I wanted to be, I was able to embrace it. Even if in some odd way it brought forward quite a few personal confusions and battles. So much so that I feel it threatened to ruin the best things that came to me in my life.

In all of this, it never brought me regret. Only bringing me more compassion for the ones who gave me the opportunity to be myself in a world that does not allow it.

This is what this song means to me. And as sad as it sounds in the genuine hurt that is directed at myself during the time I wrote it, there is also unwavering gratefulness towards those who gave me the chance to be who I am, and for those who will continue to give me that place to exist. For that I am truly happy.

Aaron Pictus

Post by Aaron Pictus »

It's Gonna Be Alright

Well it starts in my head, pulling the tiniest chord on every nerve
When I sit, or sleep and dream of the things I shouldn't be dreaming of
Or it begins in my bead, or down the deepest cup of coffee as it
Picks me up again for a moment before I sink back in

And I'm seeing the world, in beautiful colors and chaos as I tell myself
Its gonna be alright soon~

I don't feel like talking about it if its gonna get you down
Lets talk about silly things or little drams as we figure a way to turn this around
And it begins to make amends, giving every little thing that I wish I can
To make me feel a little stronger, or a little bit better than...

Cos you showed me the world, in beautiful colors and chaos as you told me that
It's gonna be alright soon~

https://soundcloud.com/user-917930444/i ... en-life-ep

Life is a horribly complicated thing to get stuck into.
For me, this is a number that I wrote in conjunction with finding people in my life who have been able to pull me out of very bad spaces. And this funny enough has been introduced to a few more incredibly important and specific people in my life.

I suppose everyone knows who they are in the context of this music. It is good to feel safe when you contact these people and know that they are indeed around, and they are there to take and give love and support.

I stress a happy cadence in this piece because for me it's complete joy to know you can find people to love and who can appreciate you in return.

For me, now, I like to think that no matter what happens: it will always turn out for the better in the end.
Not just for myself, but for the ones I care for.
Nasheera

Post by Nasheera »

Your voice is amazing! Wow, I'm actually speechless 😊
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy
Species: Growlithe (pokemon)

Post by Rakuen Growlithe »

Only now had a listen to some of these. They are really nice to listen to.
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~
Aaron Pictus

Post by Aaron Pictus »

Rakuen Growlithe wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:35 am Only now had a listen to some of these. They are really nice to listen to.
Nasheera wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:03 pm Your voice is amazing! Wow, I'm actually speechless 😊
Thanks very much you two, I appreciate that. It's nothing special in the ways of recording, but its a nice way of documenting the work I do. And showing the community does provide a good bit of support and motivation.
Aaron Pictus

Post by Aaron Pictus »

Oh a drive by, in my minds eye
Gonna list several reasons why I'm falling so hard for you
Like you do when you're off-
The top of your head spins stories that you worry could discourage any hope, that you want to make out of your life
And you wonder if you're alright....
Colors in your dreams paint scenes the deceive impressions of your love, and the ones who are loving you.
Like you do, falling short...

And I feel my impressions of me, will come crashing down
Don't say such things, you know I'll always be around

Tryna get high on starlight
And I miss the shortest moments, and the moments are missing you too
Like you do when you fall in ( )
Head over heals that appeal to the real sense of finding yourself
And you wonder if you're doing it right
Well are you gonna be all right?
Cos the colors in your head feel dread as you lie to the fact that you feel so alive
Like you do, you always will

And I feel my impressions of me, will come crashing down

https://soundcloud.com/user-917930444/t ... giddy-mind

Okay, so imagine the ones you love to bits actually ask you if you're mentally/emotionally stable. Just because you have finally lost composure and the way you feel for someone is a little bit too much to comprehend.

Sounds exciting right? You're giddy, and idiot and borderline acting like a fool because you found someone you can apply your infatuation to. And you're even more excited because you know that after the initial haze of admiration you start to actually build on the relationship. The gritty hard part begins...
I think many people don't look forward to the idea of fights with their significant or the hard push through hard times as their relationship progresses over the years. For me it is quite the contrary. It's was I believe to be the genuine love for one another in any kind of relationship. Be it friends or life partners.

Its akin to a crush for me. I am not sure how other people feel. And I would love to know if this is indeed the case for others out there in the world.
Unfortunately for me it's never been successful in the past.

And here we see that that initial question your friends have asked you takes a very dark turn:
You have lost your composure and they ask if you are emotionally stable. You haven't slept very well and you are moody. All because that infatuation you have for the one you have set your heart on is for naught.
It is in its own right a heartbreak. Even if you never initially had the opportunity to call them yours. You are still badly hurt on the inside. And they will never really know exactly how hard it pains.

In all of this, it is best to love them harder, in a platonic sense if need be. Its not their fault nor is it yours... hating them should be the last thing on your mind.
You must be grateful that you know them and can call them a friend. And you must wish all the love and happiness in their lives, because they do think the same for you.
It may sometimes not feel that way, but if they are good people then they definitely do care for you.
Aaron Pictus

Post by Aaron Pictus »

I will break my rule of Original content, I covered an amazing song a while ago, thought I would post it.
Very simple, don't expect much...

Hurt-NIN
I hurt myself today
To see if I still feel
I focus on the pain
The only thing that's real
The needle tears a hole
The old familiar sting
Try to kill it all away
But I remember everything

What have I become
My sweetest friend
Everyone I know
Goes away in the end

And you could have it all
My empire of dirt
I will let you down
I will make you hurt

I wear this crown of thorns
Upon my liars chair
Full of broken thoughts
I cannot repair
Beneath the stains of time
The feelings disappear
You are someone else
I am still right here

https://soundcloud.com/user-917930444/h ... inch-nails
Adagio
Warm Hearted
Sexual preference: Other
Species: Snow Leopard

Post by Adagio »

Isn't that originally by Johnny Cash.

Love that song!
Aaron Pictus

Post by Aaron Pictus »

Adagio wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:58 pm Isn't that originally by Johnny Cash.

Love that song!
It is yes! :3
I happen to prefer the cover from Nine Inch Nails though, and the rendition I did was closer to his so I though "why not".
Thanks Adge, actually a significant song to me hehe
Aaron Pictus

Post by Aaron Pictus »

I haven't really had the energy to write songs of late, hence these covers. Lot's going on with life.
I suppose, in a sense life, experiences are a hindrance to creation in the moment. I wish more than anything to not be able to feel certain things, for the sake of others.
Being dead with emotion sometimes sounds pretty damn good, especially when they become so overwhelming.
This song has helped a little though.

I still want to try and keep content flowing. So I hope these copies from other amazing artists are enjoyed.

Amber Run - I Found
And I'll use you as a warning sign
That if you talk enough sense, then you'll lose your mind
And I'll use you as focal point
So I don’t lose sight of what I want
And I've moved further than I thought I could
But I miss you more than I thought I would
Oh I'll use you as a warning sign
And I found love where it wasn't supposed to be
Right in front of me, talk some sense to me
[x2]
And I'll use you as a makeshift gauge
Of how much to give and how much to take
Oh I'll use you as a warning sign
And I found love where it wasn't supposed to be
Right in front of me, talk some sense to me
[x4]

https://soundcloud.com/aaronlive/i-found-amber-run
Trace
Snep's Best Doggo
Species: Wolfdog/Shapeshifter

Post by Trace »

You really do have a wonderful voice...
I really like your original music, and your covers are fantastic, too.
I might call "Happier" one of my favourites. You have written a lot of beautiful lyrics in your songs.
Please keep doing more. ^.^
"I change shapes just to hide in this place, but I'm still, I'm still an animal" -Miike Snow, 'Animal'
"Where there's life, there's hope."-Terence
Aaron Pictus

Post by Aaron Pictus »

Trace wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:07 am You really do have a wonderful voice...
I really like your original music, and your covers are fantastic, too.
I might call "Happier" one of my favourites. You have written a lot of beautiful lyrics in your songs.
Please keep doing more. ^.^
Thank you Trace!
Happier is actually one of the hardest songs for me to sing emotionallyso I appreciate that.
I intend to never stop.
I managed to get myself a ukulele this holiday so I guess my music will come with a different feel this new year.
Might be fun :3 and with any luck there will be positive things for me to sing about haha.
Aaron Pictus

Post by Aaron Pictus »

So I have decided to throw in my rough sessions.
Since I rely so much on writing music to help me get by. That and a group of the most generous friends I will ever have in my life.
So every now and then you will get something called "Small Apartment Sessions"
I hope you enjoy these rough and badly recorded/performed pieces :3

Small Apartment Session #1
For What It Truly Is

Paper cut like ribbons in the depths of my heart
When I loved you so much I didn't know where to start
And when it was too late I started falling apart for you
And in awe I watched as all my dreams fell down
And though I just moved in I want to leave this town
And run away, it hurts so much to say:

And I see the world for what it truly is
There's nothing left for me here

Feeling left outside for the demons to win
Over every fear until they start to pull me down
And I can't breathe somehow
And in sorrow I sang every chord in a glance
Hoping there would be yet another chance
Gibing it up now, giving it up on myself

And I see the world for what it truly is
There's nothing left for me here

https://soundcloud.com/aaronlive/for-what-it-truly-is
Galahad

Post by Galahad »

Jimi Hendrix's African Dog reincarnation wrote:I managed to get myself a ukulele this holiday so I guess my music will come with a different feel this new year.
Spongebob theme song please.
Kthx.

As so many others have said, you are incredibly talented, Aaron. :) You have a fantastic voice, and your guitar/ukelele abilities are by no means novice, either. Please, keep up the fantastic work. I'll just be here, stalking your SoundCloud...
Aaron Pictus

Post by Aaron Pictus »

Galahad wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:19 pm
Spongebob theme song please.
Kthx.

As so many others have said, you are incredibly talented, Aaron. :) You have a fantastic voice, and your guitar/ukelele abilities are by no means novice, either. Please, keep up the fantastic work. I'll just be here, stalking your SoundCloud...
Hehe thanks so much Galahad!
It's always appreciated and it means a lot.

Though no amount of flattery or pleading would get me to sing such an unfortunate song :lol:

Maybe tweet Ed Sheeran and ask him to do it for you? :roll: