Writers block?

Have a flair for poetry, stories, or even write songs? Need some advice or looking for a beta-reader? This is the place for you!

Moderator: Erdwolf_TVL

Kodey
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: Caribou
Region: Gauteng

Writers block?

Post by Kodey »

Hey everyone.
I wanted to as a simple yet difficult question to all my fellow writers.
I've had writers block for quite some time now and was wondering if anyone knew any methods that would help me get my writing insperation back so that i could keep writing?
Rudolf's got nothing on me.
Part of the 3
Muske-Queers.

OH MY GOD! - <(º:º)> [bang]---¬_(^.^ ) - Ha ha ha ha!

Forgotten_Fox
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Red Fox
Region: Freestate

Re: Writers block?

Post by Forgotten_Fox »

well i created my own imaginary world where i create my stories from, day dreaming of stories also inspires me. ummm sometimes reading allot also inspires. well not sure if i helped. don't know if i am even on the right track >.> hope i didn't misunderstood your questions
Yo, name is Zelian
I'm half reptilian
I'm out on a mission to get silly again
Smoking dope with some coke and it makes me choke
Drinking some dragon Vodka
Playing a game of Dota
When I'm starting to get drunk
I pass out on a bunk
Keita Haruka
Alpha Wolf
Species: Black wolf
Region: Gauteng

Post by Keita Haruka »

Best cure for writer's block I know if is to ignore it and just write. It doesn't matter that you feel uninspired or that the writing you do is bad. The main point is just to write. Write anything. Write how your day went, or write how you see yourself dealing with things the next day. Or write alternative endings to your day. Do the same with existing stories. Ask yourself "what if" questions. "What if Brea the Flea didn't bite Nadger the Badger in the ass"? You don't even have to write anything coherent. Just write. Pretty soon, your mind will re-engage and get back in the groove.

I often get blocked white writing. If you're blocked on specific stories, just move on to the next one and come back to the one you're blocked on later. If you're blocked on a scene, leave it out and move on to the next one.

A third method is to take a story and write it from a different point of view. For example...give viewpoint to your character's sidekick. You could even write the same story from another perspective entirely. What I do when i get blocked is take a minor character and watch the events through his/her eyes.

For example:

Basic plot: King rules kingdom, and his neighbour declares war on him. Word is brought by a pair of messengers. All hell breaks loose as king leaves kingdom to fight the good fight. In his absense his kingdom collapses and when he returns, he finds that he has no kingdom. He kills himself and leaves his inexperienced son to rule. The end.

In this story, you can have two points of view: the King's, or his son's. Depends on the story you want to tell. But what if you gave the viewpoint to the two messengers? They wouldn't be in control of events, but they're in a better position to feel the effects. Sometimes a different perspective from somebody who's reacting to events rather than creating events can be a great inspiration to a storyteller. I've used this technique very often when I got blocked, and writing from a different point of view never failed to lift the block, allowing me to continue.
Nanukk
Nightclub manager
Species: River Otter
Region: KZN and Eastern Cape

Post by Nanukk »

Hehe well if you have writers block, ask friends or better yet, your furiends for help hehe. Heya Im nanukk. Although it seems Ive had writers block I haven just got Highland back today.
'The world's fantasy is it's greatest reality' ~Sean Cameron 2002