Highland Chaper 1 and Intro

Have a flair for poetry, stories, or even write songs? Need some advice or looking for a beta-reader? This is the place for you!

Moderator: Erdwolf_TVL

Nanukk
Nightclub manager
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: River Otter
Region: KZN and Eastern Cape

Highland Chaper 1 and Intro

Post by Nanukk »

Acually I will post a story soon, its abit...childish...in a way, but, Im trying to improve it better. Just tell me what you think of the first chapter.

Nothing yiffy, nothing big, just a story I work on at school when Im bored.

So...what do you think?
'The world's fantasy is it's greatest reality' ~Sean Cameron 2002
Nanukk
Nightclub manager

Re: Highland Chaper 1 and Intro

Post by Nanukk »

Post deleted upon Nuki's request. He'll have the updated version for us soon!

Keita Haruka
Nanukk
Nightclub manager

Post by Nanukk »

If you wanna know the future of this story its not a Dramatic script. Lol. Later on in the story, questions are revealed and answers need not be told. But later Lou discovers what the island is and they have their own religon.

There will be evil, shadows, corrupted creatures and an unstoppable evil master. This with start to reveal an encounter in the second chapter and a war in the fourth. The third will have questions and reason of an unscientific theory we call on earth as the 'Abooma Triangle'.
Forgotten_Fox
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Red Fox
Region: Freestate

Post by Forgotten_Fox »

its really good so far. id love to see more. gotta teach me your writing style!
Yo, name is Zelian
I'm half reptilian
I'm out on a mission to get silly again
Smoking dope with some coke and it makes me choke
Drinking some dragon Vodka
Playing a game of Dota
When I'm starting to get drunk
I pass out on a bunk
Nanukk
Nightclub manager

Post by Nanukk »

Well I will have my story updaed soon, there are a few mistakes and a ew story and writing changes ha would lead up to the end. By tommorow I will have chapter 1 and 2 updated and sent here in full.

Please stand by...
Nanukk
Nightclub manager

Post by Nanukk »

Prologue

“‘The coming of the new era, the island of dire help and the races of destruction.’ That is what the tomb of the prophets’ say… My name is Lou, I’m a Lycanaric Race, in your words it would be werewolf, in our words I would be a wolf fur. Let me explain…”

“I grew up on an island named Highland Coast. There aren’t any humans there, just lycans, dracos, furries.... Highland is a mythic place, there aren’t such things called seasons. You would get the idea later on.

I was a soldier in the Kerescii War, the battle between good and evil. I fought my best but was sent back home for a reason I need not talk about at this time... The war started within the eastern isles, Yerbrute Isles. There they sent allies from around the four western and northern isles, inclueding Highland. Highland is the biggest place in Kerescii, and Kerescii is the place the isles remain in. We cannot venture out the lands and explore new worlds as there is too much magnitude surrounding us. This is all I know about the lands, and we might not even know the rest.

Now its year 674. This is the growing age. I have my own ship and that is where I’m at now. Sailing back to my hometown. And arrived.”

The wolf fur was 1.6 metres tall. Silvery bright coat with 4 strips around its chest, it had bright blue eyes with red, brown hair. Its ears stick up on the top of its head, a collar around its neck and a bracelet on its arm. The way he walked was not common to the way others did. His steps tread lightly, the chest stood out and the shoulders back as if he would be proud of honour. He walked as if he was human.

Chapter 1: An unexpected arrival

Lou stepped out of the old rot he called Ol’ Rider, the wooden raft like port, inhabited and small became sturdy after the past few years. The island from his view was still the same as always. There was a forest in front of him, a road leading into it, he walked off the wooden port and onto sand, and the road he was about to follow became dark and dangerous inside. Lou held his backpack and walked slowly into the forgotten road he knew that should be followed. The light still shined above him, which the tree’s arms covered into a shadow of grey colour.

A few minutes after he travelled, a slight rustle came from a large bush up ahead. The rustles soon stopped soon enough, so Lou ignored it and carried on walking, but the first step he took chained the disturbance. The object flung out of the bush too fast to be spotted; it ran behind every tree and bush - the area became quite, but too quite for Lou.
“Got yeah!” an unfamiliar voice exclaimed from above.
“Huh?” Lou questioned and looked up to see a falling creature stretch its arms out to catch Lou.
Lou quickly moved out the way, the creature fell to the ground and layed there unconsciously. Lou got on all fours to get closer to the creature.

“It was a lycan alright, she seemed quite familiar but it never clicked within me, who she was and why she was here…”

As Lou got closer to the lycan, he started to sniffle at it. A huge sigh came from it soon enough. But Lou gasped and crouched back.
“Why did you flinch, Lou?” the lycan asked, still laying down there.
“Because you were about to hurt me…” Lou answered.
The lycan turned around and stood up facing Lou. Her eyes were yellow, and the fur shined a greyish green. There was a huge ring around her upper left arm and another on the bottom of her right leg. She looked much shorter than Lou, and a lot younger too.
“Can you not remember me?” she stated heavily.
“Remember you?” Lou questioned softly to her.
“Sarah…” she quietly said to herself, but Lou heard her.

Lou froze and kept questioning to himself the name ‘Sarah’. He became deep in thought and soon a past memory hit him.

“… Lou! Lou!” a fainted figure exclaimed, “Don’t leave us Lou!”
“I have to go; it’s what the elder told me to do.” Lou said to it.
“That doesn’t mean you have to go! It isn’t fair! It isn’t!” the figure exclaimed.
“I won’t be gone for very long, I promise, take this…” Lou said and took off an arm ring and put it on the figure, which became more and more visible. The huge ring changed size when it was put on it. The figure was much smaller than him, the voice was squeaky and it sounded every young.
“But this is your favourite ring, why should I take this?” the figure asked.
“So that one day, when I return, you will remember me and that I will never forget you, goodbye… Sarah…”

Lou quickly blinked back into existence and viewed the lycan walking away. He followed her.
“I’m sorry, I’m so sorry, Sarah…” Lou said a few metres away from her. She froze and Lou carried on, “That day, 7 years ago, I remember it now, I forgot everything and never meant to hurt you, sis. I came back to remember my past, so that I could became sound here forever.”
Sarah looked back, her eyes filled with tears that soon became a grip of happiness. She turned around and ran to Lou. Lou took a step, but the force of his sister pushed him back again. Sarah started to wrap her arms around Lou, the hug stood there for more than Lou could hold and he got annoyed.
“Can we go home now?” Lou asked Sarah.
“Oh sorry Lou, yeah it’s right down there.” She answered, gesturing towards the road that became a little brighter ahead. They then started to walk the path.

Chapter 2: Land’s Curse

Lou and Sarah headed towards the never-ending light. The light dimmed their eyes, as they got closer; it was still midday as the sun peered through the leaves above. The passage of bush and tree headed for their minor bodies. They headed into the clearing and stood upon a canyon. The area beyond was rich and a large city lay there in the middle. Farming fields surrounded most of the city and a road off the cliff was visible leading to the city. Lou and Sarah sat on the edge of the cliff, looking out to the old land that was barely familiar to Lou.

Few minutes later, Sarah stood up and said with a smile,

“Let’s go home; I am sure the rest of the family would be waiting for your arrival.”
“I guess so.” Lou replied.
“You seem agitated.” she said.
Lou looked back up at her and chucked, “True, but it’s been a long time, maybe I will arrive later…”
“You do remember where we live, don’t you?” Sarah asked.
“Yes…” Lou answered.

Sarah stood there and glared at Lou irritably.

“I forgot.” Lou finally replied.
Sarah hit her forehead and commented, “You make me crazy!”
Lou just stared back and soon after started to giggle.
“Ok let’s go back then.” He stated.
Sarah just sighed and walked down the narrow arch of a path; Lou just followed.

They proceeded down the road enjoying the rocky scenery and wonder of amazing view of the city as a huge forest covered the area. The forest surrounded most of the city as well as the farmlands that were built by the entrance of it. They were so high at that point, they could see inside the city; most of the population seemed as if they were having a meeting at the city square. Lou could only smile, as he knew he was home again, the memories of the war didn’t corrupt his mind for the first time in seven years.

Moments later something rustled in a bush nearby. Silence swept the gravel pathway – for a minute, the Lycans stood in complete and utter stillness. The movement had still been pending from the rancid bush. Lou directed Sarah to move behind him with a gesture. Sarah saw what he had on his back: a bow, a sword, a quiver of arrows and a large backpack. Lou gradually moved his hand in the direction of his back, above his shoulder; he pulled his bow from his backpack. Lou took an arrow from the quiver and aimed it towards the rustle.

The rustle stopped and Lou looked in surprise. It took another minute before he lowered his weapon. “Let’s go before it…” Lou said and paused, the creature jumped out of the bush; the wings of the creature were pale and brittle, it looked dead as the blackness of the body started to form. The eyes were red in colour and its wings were brittle as if it wouldn’t be able to fly.

The creature looked at the two Lycans and in a faint evil voice it said,
“Leave me be! Leave me be! Or I shall make you flee!”
“It sounds like a…” Sarah was interrupted
“…a woodland pixie.” Lou continued with a slight grin on his face, “But why would a pixie look like this?”
Sarah only but stared at the black creature they identified.
“I’ll give you but one more chance, one more chance! Get out or I will kill you with a glance!” the pixie exclaimed.
“Maybe we should go, Lou” Sarah said.
“I agree” Lou replied.
The pixie got angry and pounced in front of them as they tried to leave.
“You’re not going anywhere, as long as I breathe air!” The pixie exclaimed.

Lou drew his sword; the whole sight of the sword was visible to Sarah now. The cutting blade of the swords edge was broken but the slice was fast and deadly. Writing appeared on the base of the sword, blue and greenish but faded into a brownish colour and withered into the weapon’s rusted steel. Sarah became astonished, how did her own brother become so strong? The thought puzzled into a trance of distraction.

“What do you want, creature?!” Lou exclaimed. The creature’s devilish expression started to form into complete anger, as if it were corrupted within its own heart line. “What do you want, creature, speak now!” Lou got shaky as he exclaimed, the brittle black winged pixie drew a gasp of air and within a black smoke and it had vanished. An eerie sound bristled into Lou’s ears, it became louder and louder, the sound was too much to bear in; Lou fell, his body grew weak and the sight bore on fade.

“Are you alone?” An unfamiliar whisper said to Lou.
“Alone?” Lou replied.
“Open your eyes, so that you may see” It answered back to him.
“Open…my…eyes…” Lou said as he did so, “Where am I?” Lou stuttered.
“You are here.” The voice replied to him as it faded away in time.

Lou’s blur began to fade as he saw ash and smoke in the air. “Lou? Lou!” Sarah’s voice was heard faintly, and the background sound began to fade in.
“Lou, are you ok?” Sarah asked.
“Yeah, I’m alright…” Lou shook.
“What was that? It dissolved into black dust…did it…did it die?” Sarah asked Lou.
“Well, whatever it was, it wasn’t any creature I’ve seen before.”
“We should head back home, right Lou?”
“Yes, before anymore creatures appear.”
They ran, there bags dragging behind them, as fast as they could down the mountain’s trail, the cliff’s edge.

They had finally reached the bottom of the cliff and sat in the plains of the large farmlands, exhausted and tired. They tried to start a conversation, but failed the attempt; their tiredness got the best of them. As soon as they got to rest, they got up again and walked through the farmlands.
“Our home is close by, just around the corner,” stated Sarah.
“It’s best that we keep the incident quite, Sarah, don’t want to worry anyone,” said Lou.
“Agreed”

They knocked on the wooden plain door; it was a small country house, straw made the roof, clay from the Hillmans Quarry made the walls and the supply of lumber from the forest provided the doors and shattered windows. The door swung open and a familiar sight stood before them, but the body stood grey with fur and her legs were too brittle to hold her fortunate walking.
“Welcome back, my son.” She spoke, clutching out her hand.
“Thank you.” Lou’s unique shyness of remembering his own mother came back to him.
“Lou, come see what we did to the house after you left!” Sarah exclaimed excitably.

As Lou entered his own house, where he had been born in and raised as a child, his eyes widened. The place had really changed; the walls and floors were of better scenery had been built in. The house had been enlarged and the room had been moved in order. As Lou entered the unfamiliar sight of the passage hall within this slight hovel, Lou began to remember his childhood within the old parts of rust and dry paint that he called his memories.

“What’s wrong? You feel tense.” A voice spoke before him, the earth where he walked stood grey and still, Lou could only be afraid.
“Tense? What do you mean, who are you?” Lou replied.
“I? I am you thou I am not you, I am here thou I am not here. I am your memories, the past and the present. We spoke once. And you answered with a call.”
“Um, what do you mean?”
“Signs of life and signs of death, history is none told yet history has begun”
“History? What do you mean - I don’t understand yet I…”
“Faith and young heart you are, your mind is yet old, your body is yet strong and your signs will soon be told.”
Lou stood quiet in thought, puzzled and confused.

“In time you will grow to understand and I will come to you when you tell me to, not in unimportance, none in false heart… farewell, young Lycan… goodbye, till next we meet.”
“Wait! Don’t go!” Lou shouted out loud.
Sarah replied with a giggle, “Are you okay?”
“Yes…” stuttered Lou.
“Don’t worry we wont let you go again, the battle may just be won,” said Tirana, Lou’s mother.
“Humph, never mind. Sarah, where was my room?” questioned Lou.
“You’re room IS straight down there on the right,” replied his sister.

Lou gripped his bag and walked down the shortly long passageway, remembrance yet progressed him further into more thought. Lou was at home; he walked into his room, the bed made, the vines growing through the window and his own lamp shining with elegance. He relaxed on bed, and easily fell asleep.

Chapter 3: Mediron City

“The next morning”

Sarah walked into the room, processed with integrity and curiosity. She had tightened a ribbon in her hair to keep it back, fastened into a slight bow that tighten when she gripped the banded ribbon in perfect absence she always known as 'her style'. She moved slightly and tapped her brother on his back. Lou turned to face his sister, beauty aroused him and curiosity confused him; was this really his long awaited sister?

“You ready, Lou?”
“Huh? What? Ready for…?”
“Silly, to see all the new sights since you left, we even found a source of new Light.”
“New Light?”
“Do you have to question all the time?” Sarah giggled.
“No…” Lou replied.
“Well let me explain…

Our newly created city, Mediron, is built on the old unfertile ground of Herbrim. Although Herbrim was built for all the farmlands on Highland, it was destroyed from the land being struck by a cloud of lightening. The lightening that caused devastation within the underground network; the network then caused a slow rush joining together to form a magnetic field. This field disappeared, along with everything and - everyone.”

“So then, why did Mediron get created on such a dangerous land?” Lou questioned.
“Our president, Lord Heltgaur, owns this land. He entrusted us that the ‘problem’ had been fixed. I don’t think we need to worry. The magnetic underground is used to power the city and create an invisible shield above us. Like it always used to be…”
“Can we check it out? I mean, the city, Mediron.”
“Yeah, let’s go.”

Lou and Sarah travelled moments later to the great gates of Mediron, there seated two guards who kept watch. The two guards seemed to be Dracos; they are draconic creatures white bright eyes and are born with bat-like wings that can never be used. They normally have no hair with long ash-grey horns sticking out backwards. Their legs stand up on animal movements, but the arms look more human-like…they belong to the city of Drakoan, the land of the severed isles, west of Highland.

“May we enter, sir?” Sarah asked the first guard.
“Of course Sarah, but who is this?” The guard asked as he knelt down to stroke Sarah’s hair roughly.
“Yeah, who’s this?” The second guard asked.
“Can you not remember?” Sarah giggled.

The first guard walked up to Lou and stared face to face at him, noses almost touching. Lou shyly moved a little backwards till his back bent narrowly towards the curved road that led out towards the scenery of the cliff that Lou and Sarah walked down just yesterday.

“Ye…yes?” Lou stuttered.
“The first guard smiled as the realisation occurred from the Lou’s voice and he stated, “Yes, you were the one that Sarah used to play with long ago, you are Lou, her brother right?”
“Yes that’s right.”
“Well enter, enjoy our new city and…” the guard started to whisper, “…don’t leave again to war, Sarah missed you and this was the first time in years I have seen her this happy.”
Lou whispered a nervous reply, “I will try, thank you.”

Lou and Sarah walked into the city as the second guard opened the gates. A long chain connected to machine the guard put on opened the gates. Its sound very bearable, but still loud. As the gates opened, the sun had been till rising, blinded Lou for an instant. As his vision became clear, the marvel of the sight became visible. And Sarah patted his back for a moment.

“Welcome home. Lou. Welcome - to Mediron,” said Sarah with a smile.

"The streets were filled with races of all age; shop doors opened with life. The streets boomed with life, the scenery arose with clean paved roads and wonderful land integrity. I looked at the first shop, a flower shop - that had gracefully showed its colours to the beautiful morning. As the doors opened, there stood a lean furry that seemed to be a Coyote Fur. Its hair, light brown and shinned in the morning light of the sun. But as she gracefully opened the door and slowly turned her sign to say 'open for business', she turned back inside the flower covered shop. The store was a modern red wooden house with clear windows that showed only the best of yellow, white and pink flowers heading towards light blue and red cherry blossoms growing down from the inside. "

"Lou...Lou!" shouted Sarah.
"Yes sis?" Lou replied.
"If you would like to know who that is, her name is Rosana, she had moved in her a year ago."
"Really, what is she like?"
"Why...?" asked Sarah with a raise eyebrow.
"Oh, um, just interested..." blushed Lou.
"Right...anyway let’s go to the grocery store. It’s just up the road here."

Sarah grabbed Lou's hand and ran fast down the road.
"Hey! Wait a sec!" cried Lou as the flower store disappeared behind the distance of other buildings nearby.
"Here we are!" Sarah smiled as Lou tumbled to the ground.
"Ouwy...Why we here anyway?" said Lou as he rubbed the sore part of his head.
"Oh, mom just wanted us to collect a few groceries." answered Sarah as she walked inside the store.

As Lou followed behind and entered, he marvelled at what seemed to be the biggest shop he had ever seen. Light filled the store with whiteness; shelves reached high till a second floor of a variety of food and supplies. While the two walked in they noticed what seemed to be mechanical flying humanoids.
One flew to them.
"What can we help you with, citizen #3561 and visitor #63?" asked the humanoid.
"Citizen #3553 had requested a few items here to collect." Sarah stated briefly, as she showed a formed list to the mechanical humanoid.
"Um, Sarah? What is that thing?" Lou asked.
"Oh, that? It’s a replohelper. It helps around just about everything. It’s very useful." Sarah replied.
"A tefloyelper?"
"Replohelper silly, come, lets find some of the goods we need."

Sarah and Lou walked around the store and found there groceries they needed as they walked to the cash counter, Lou got a little curious about the city he was in, he thought of what other stores could have.

"Hey Sarah?" Lou questioned.
"Yes?" she replied.
"What else is new on Highland, besides these replo-things and new sources of Light?"
"Well, I'm not sure myself, there is so much news going on in the outside; even with the rumours of the disappearing messengers."
"Disappearing messengers?" Lou asked curiously.
"Well it's said the messengers have found disappearing on the Eastern Ridge, the only source of finding this city is through that path. Sea is hard cause Highland Coast is the only docked place."
"Meaning?"
"Meaning… there is no other way of finding out what is happening to the surrounding east to northern cities. Its like they just lost contact, as if they disappeared..."

Lou thought a bit as Sarah paid the amount of 298 credits to the till. As they got outside they walked out the city to their home. There mother greeted them with delight inside and took and groceries from them gently. They ate breakfast and spoke all morning about the past and the present.
Nanukk
Nightclub manager

Post by Nanukk »

The writing of my book is being continued and will be sent and sold internationally. This would be a reference page to the start of my book and will be written by the end of this year. Thank you