Webcomics

Have a flair for poetry, stories, or even write songs? Need some advice or looking for a beta-reader? This is the place for you!

Moderator: Erdwolf_TVL

Kangee Gold
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Raven
Region: Gauteng

Webcomics

Post by Kangee Gold »

Is this in the right place? Seems the best fit at least. Was a tossup between here and the "art" section.

Anyways, this here thread, as the title implies, is about webcomics. What are your favourites, how many do you read regularly and how many have you ever read?

My favourite webcomic ever has always been Questionable Content.
http://www.questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=3032
I love because it has all the hilarity and good writing of a sitcom in the lines of HIMYM or Friends, but in bite sized comic page chunks 5 days a week.

I try to catch up weekly with about 5 regularly updating webcomics. Questionable Content being the chief among them.

Over the last... I'd say 6 or 7 years, I've read through hundreds of different webcomic series. Some with more pages and regular updates than others. In the last couple years I've slowed down quite a bit on taking up new comics however.

So what about you lot?
Quick! Somebody chew on my nipples or we're all gonna die!
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Re: Webcomics

Post by Leeward »

All links go to the first page for your convenience.

Those I read daily (or whenever they get updated):
Cyanide and Happiness
Ctrl+Alt+Del
xkcd
PhD Comics
Rock, Paper, Cynic
Fowl Language Comics
Saturday Morning Breakfast Cereal
Sequential Art

Those I am busy catching up on:
Prequel
Channelate
Poorly Drawn Lines
Several of these
Darths and Droids
Romantically Apocalyptic

And finally, this one, which which I highly recommend if you can stand it, but unfortunately has been on hiatus since April 2014.
Jack
Contrast
Necrotic Neurotic
Sexual preference: Straight
Species: Necrobat

Post by Contrast »

Oh, there are so many great webcomics out there, but the one that really stands out for me is Dreamkeepers.

http://www.dreamkeeperscomic.com/GNSaga.php?pg=1

Read my novel on: SoFurry | Fur Affinity | Deviant Art
Ivic_Wulfe
Viridis Spes Vulupe
Sexual preference: Other
Species: Green Folf

Post by Ivic_Wulfe »

AND THEN THE CAGE COMES DOWN! The cage with the Japanese fighting spiders inside, your mother strikes a match off her forearm and tells you to dance in the front room for money... - Dylan Moran
Contrast
Necrotic Neurotic

Post by Contrast »

Another good webcomic is Lackadaisy.

http://lackadaisycats.com/comic.php?comicid=1

Contrast
Necrotic Neurotic

Post by Contrast »

Ooh! And Slightly Damned.

http://www.sdamned.com/comic/03132004/

Contrast
Necrotic Neurotic

Post by Contrast »

This one isn't exactly a webcomic, it's a manhwa (Korean comic). But it's still a very fun, light read.

http://mangafox.me/manga/the_dragon_nex ... 001/1.html (You read manhwa exactly the same as western comics, left to right.)

Synopsis: Meet my neighbor - a typical fantasy novelist, more than a little scatterbrained, likes to gossip, borrow things without asking, and play MMORPGs. Oh, and by the way, he's a dragon in disguise.

Named Dragon Kim.

...Yeah...
Badge
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: Badgacat

Post by Badge »

OK I read lack a daisy a while ago and thoroughly enjoyed it,

as per recommendations I have chowed through dream keeper and was awesome.
now I'm busy with Questionable content, have a good time with this one as well.
If you take your marker and connect this dot to that one, that one to this one here you will get a really annoyed dalmatian.

The European Badger (meles meles) is known to have a rather large range of vocalisations, though it must be noted he often makes no sense at all.
Contrast
Necrotic Neurotic

Post by Contrast »

Another interesting read is "Poppy O'Possum", by Ian Everett.

http://www.poppy-opossum.com/comic/a-story/

"Poppy O’Possum is a story about a mother named Poppy Odeletta Possum who lives on a world called Flora and wants nothing more than to retire to a comfortable homemaking life with her daughter, Lily. Unfortunately, living’s especially rough on Flora when you’re an opossum, and Poppy’s a regular trouble magnet. She’s moved to a little town in the Fenneclands called Eggton to try and start a new, low-profile life. This fails immediately.

Wild monsters, Mafia goons, military regimes, and even ancient magic conspiracies all want a piece of her, for reasons both mundane and unusual. But they’re about to bite off a lot more than they can chew, because a life of progressively harder knocks has turned this mom into one of the toughest, strongest women the world has ever known."
Badge

Post by Badge »

Will definitely check it out next. thank you
If you take your marker and connect this dot to that one, that one to this one here you will get a really annoyed dalmatian.

The European Badger (meles meles) is known to have a rather large range of vocalisations, though it must be noted he often makes no sense at all.
Contrast
Necrotic Neurotic

Post by Contrast »

Scurry, by Mac Smith. The art is stunning, and it updates way faster than you'd think.

http://www.scurrycomic.com/scurry-comic ... omic-01-00

"Scurry is the story of a colony of mice in an abandoned house who are struggling to survive a long, strange winter. The humans are all gone and the sun is rarely seen. As food becomes scarce and many mice fall ill, the scavengers are forced to search farther from their home, braving monster infested lands in search of anything that will help the colony survive another day. Being hunted by feral cats and predatory birds is part of life for these mice, but beyond the fences stalks something far more fearsome... "
Badge

Post by Badge »

@Contrast.

Every suggestion has been on point, the artwork in scurry is outstanding.
I'm now on poppy and rather enjoying the possums antics.

Thanks for the suggestions

Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy
Species: Growlithe (pokemon)
Region: Other

Post by Rakuen Growlithe »

Maybe I can automatically pull out all the pages to make my life easier. Doing that was blocked on the last webcomic I wanted to read.
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~
Badge

Post by Badge »

Which was that one Rakuen

Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy

I can't remember the name now. Think White was in the title. It was really beautiful one with wolves and something. I never read it but they had robot protection which wouldn't let me access the images automatically and I had no interest in opening 100 pages to read everything. I think Contrast recommended it in a thread here.
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~
Contrast
Necrotic Neurotic

Post by Contrast »

Rakuen Growlithe wrote:I can't remember the name now. Think White was in the title.
You're probably thinking of "Off-White".

http://off-white.eu/comic/volume1/

Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy

Yeah, that was it.
~John Stuart Mill~

~John Milton~
Badge

Post by Badge »

It's the posted images that sell me haha

I will take a look at it now