The pig skinned cyclops

Have a flair for poetry, stories, or even write songs? Need some advice or looking for a beta-reader? This is the place for you!

Moderator: Erdwolf_TVL

rusted hydra
Cannibal
Sexual preference: Bi
Region: Gauteng

The pig skinned cyclops

Post by rusted hydra »

This piece will be graphic, a piece of reality that has been warped, if you cannot look past it to see what is really happening and the symbolism then don't read it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had no meaning, abandoned by the world, but you came and took me into your home.
You take the scarred pieces that I am in your blue skinned hands, the blood and dirt darkening your already blackened palms.
Your iron brush brakes off the old scabs, bleeding and showing what was.
You take a circular blade and cut my pieces down into even more insignificant parts, all the while staring unblinking, even when I scream in agony or the fine grit strikes you in your one eye.
You bring tools, copper crocodiles with long tails, their bite on my parts unbreakable.
You take a long, thin, grey wand in one hand and bring my pieces together with the other.
Your foul magic, bright lighting, burning me in a red hot bath of flux.
Again you stare unblinking into the blinding light, your hand on me unflinching even as the heat becomes burning.
Done with your torture you take a hammer and break off the black flux, exposing the fresh bond of flesh that you have made.
How foolish I was to think it was over.
Over and over you take piece by piece, burning me together into a shape I simply cannot recognize.
If I could cry I would, but now I cannot.
I can only be what you warp me into.
I have no free will, only that which you have given to me.
Now I am something I couldn't have been before, I am something with meaning.
I feel joy at being something now, even though my rebirth was agony.
Now I am a tool, an art piece, a machine, what you wanted.
I am your creation.
I am steel.
CourteousCastellan

Re: The pig skinned cyclops

Post by CourteousCastellan »

I'm not very good at interpreting symbolism and such, but this seems quite nicely written.

I presume 'pig-skinned' refers to a human, and it seems be about some kind of reparative surgical modification. 'Blue-skinned hands' definitely sounds like a doctor. I'm not sure what the references to having only one eye is about. Is it perhaps referring to a doctor's head mirror?

Is it meant to symbolise a person who has received some kind of artificial limb or organ operation without anaesthesia?
rusted hydra
Cannibal
Sexual preference: Bi

Re: The pig skinned cyclops

Post by rusted hydra »

CourteousCastellan wrote:I'm not very good at interpreting symbolism and such, but this seems quite nicely written.

I presume 'pig-skinned' refers to a human, and it seems be about some kind of reparative surgical modification. 'Blue-skinned hands' definitely sounds like a doctor. I'm not sure what the references to having only one eye is about. Is it perhaps referring to a doctor's head mirror?

Is it meant to symbolise a person who has received some kind of artificial limb or organ operation without anaesthesia?
That is actually an interesting interpretation. (Better that a certain someone's interpretation >.>)

I actually thought it up while I was making a cross out of some rusty bolts. The pig skinned refers to my welding gloves: a pair of blue pig skin gloves. Cyclops is the welding helmet. Copper crocodiles and grey wand is the welding machine. The piece is about scrap metal being used to create new things.

Thanks.
Attachments
This cross has some symbolism to me. No its not the obvious christian cross. Its a reminder of my beliefs and experiences. I might tell what this means to me one day.
This cross has some symbolism to me. No its not the obvious christian cross. Its a reminder of my beliefs and experiences. I might tell what this means to me one day.