Should Contrast post about his novel?

Have a flair for poetry, stories, or even write songs? Need some advice or looking for a beta-reader? This is the place for you!

Moderator: Erdwolf_TVL

Contrast
Necrotic Neurotic
Sexual preference: Straight
Species: Necrobat

Should Contrast post about his novel?

Post by Contrast »

Hi, guys. I need some advice.
As you all know, my book on the verge of release (it's already available on Amazon) and I would love to share the details with all of you.
There is a thread made specifically for this at http://forum.zafur.co.za/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=555
but I'm not sure it would be a good idea for me to post in there. That's what I need advice about. I don't want every random guy out there who Googles my book to come across a thread that clearly identifies me as a furry (since my real name and details will be in there). We all know it's not a big deal, but there are some stereotypes and misconceptions out there (especially in America, where my book is being published). There is a piece in the safety section that mentions how it's best to keep your fursona as a separate identity, and I think that's definitely the safe thing to do. I wouldn't want my furriness to hurt sales.
But what do you guys think? How likely is it that somebody will stumble onto my fursona if I post my book's details on Zafur?
Maybe I can forego all this drama by simply posting in the Regional Section?
And one more thing. How risky would it be to add links to my Author's Webpage to my signature? Probably even worse than posting in the public forum, I assume.
Thanks, guys. Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.
Read my novel on: SoFurry | Fur Affinity | Deviant Art
Valerion
Alpha Wolf
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: Werewolf
Region: Gauteng

Re: Should Contrast post about his novel?

Post by Valerion »

Currently the forum is not indexed by any search engines that respect robots.txt. You can verify this by searching for things that's posted here. I would be very interested if it does indeed show up.

Everything is publicly viewable though, even for anonymous users, except for the yiffy and regionals sections. For those you need a registered user account.
Grayhound
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Wolf-Keidran
Region: Gauteng

Post by Grayhound »

Well if it has any content that could be considered PG-18 then you'd 'have' to post it in the yiffy section and the privacy would be an added bonus ;)

As for adding it into your signature, as Val says it shouldn't be searchable and anyone who would view the sig here obviously wouldn't care that you're a furry. So I guess it should be fine.

Alternately you could just set it as your website in your profile settings in which case only people who knew to look for it would.
True love is real, sometimes it just happens in unexpected places.
I do what I must; not because i'm certain of my own sense of justice, but because i'm not certain of anyone elses.
Contrast
Necrotic Neurotic
Sexual preference: Straight
Species: Necrobat

Post by Contrast »

Grayhound wrote:Alternately you could just set it as your website in your profile settings in which case only people who knew to look for it would.
That's a great idea! Thanks Gray! :D
Read my novel on: SoFurry | Fur Affinity | Deviant Art