A Love Letter for Punk-Fox

Have a flair for poetry, stories, or even write songs? Need some advice or looking for a beta-reader? This is the place for you!

Moderator: Erdwolf_TVL

Contrast
Necrotic Neurotic
Sexual preference: Straight
Species: Necrobat

Post by Contrast »

This is by far the most difficult thing I have ever attempted to write. Normally I would just close my eyes, imagine the situation, and I would just know what happens next, because I know my characters and I know the worlds I have created. I can just sit back and watch what happens with my mind’s eye, and then I’d simply write down what I saw.
But I can’t do that, Punk. Not on this special day, and not for this special letter. This is not a novel. This is not a story. This is real life, and it must be perfect the first time round. That is what makes this so difficult. It’s a problem every novelist must face sooner or later. There simply is no such thing as perfection. No matter how good I am, no matter how well I understand the literary arts, I’ll never be able to put down on paper the exact way I feel in my heart. Stephen King, a much better novelist than me, once wrote: “The most important things are the hardest things to say, because words diminish them.”
I only truly understand his words now that I find myself in a position where I must try and describe my feelings to the woman I love. I know exactly how I feel, but every time I try to write it down, I look at what I’ve written and I realize just how right he was. It seems less than what it’s supposed to be. How can something so big and wonderful in my mind look so small and insignificant when written down? I have deleted and rewritten and deleted so many paragraphs in my attempt to write you the perfect love letter I was on the verge of despair. But you know what happened then? In my search for inspiration, I came across the words of someone else, someone who has been a major influence on my life over the past few weeks.
This is what she said: “I usually just draw my feelings, but today I feel I need to explain things further… I feel the need to exclaim it in words. I LOVE YOU CONTRAST!!! And that’s all that matters. No funny stuff, none of my terrible puns or witty side notes… just simple like that.”
Your words made me realize something, Punk. I don’t need to write a masterpiece to explain the way I feel because the love between us already is. All I need to do is tell the truth.
Here goes.

This is the 27th of July. One month has passed since I asked you to be my furry mate, and it’s been one of the happiest months of my life. I considered sending this to you in private, but I want every furry on Zafur to know exactly what you mean to me.
You are the kindest, most caring, most understanding, most unique, most artistic, most alive person I have ever met. Plus, you’re slightly crazy, and that just makes me love you even more.
I spend my days whiling away the hours until I can chat to you on Skype, and every time I see your name pop up on zafur next to the latest post or PM, I can’t wait to see what you have to say. The sms’s you send me at random times are like lightning bolts of happiness that strike me from out of a blue sky. I am grateful for every day I have known you, all 53 of them. I feel like I have truly been blessed.
I spend my nights dreaming about what it will be like when I finally get to meet you in real life. To be able to take you to the movies, to dinner, to walk with you down the street with no particular goal or destination. Just to be able to hold your hand and tell you how happy you make me feel. How you make me feel loved.

Punk, I have no idea how I managed to snag someone like you to be my mate, and to be honest, I still have no idea what the hell it is I’m doing that keeps you by my side, but whatever it is, I hope I can keep on doing it forever, because I love you.
Read my novel on: SoFurry | Fur Affinity | Deviant Art
Raven Song
Stealer of Time
Sexual preference: Other
Species: Shapeshifting Anubian
Region: Other

Re: A Love Letter for Punk-Fox

Post by Raven Song »

I can only think of one thing to say apart from the blatently obvious I love you lots etc.... I'm not slightly crazy... I'm completly bonkers... especially about you :)

Thank you honey for making me feel so special (in a non mental way)

LOVE YOU C!!!!
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist. Pablo Picasso
Faanvolla
Plaas Brak
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: Dog (Vampire)
Region: Western Cape

Post by Faanvolla »

Awwwwwwwwwwww...

You two...

* fetches a tissue

That was beautiful. So pure. So sincere.
Seize the day, not your bearings.
Steam, Rockstar SocialClub, Uplay, Battlenet: Faanvolla#2539, Telegram: @Faanvolla
Switch Code: SW-0054-4917-1029
DeviantArt,Furaffinity,SoFurry, Weasyl, FurryNetwork
ProfilePic by hanimetion
Contrast
Necrotic Neurotic

Post by Contrast »

Punk-Fox-Dot-Com wrote:I can only think of one thing to say apart from the blatently obvious I love you lots etc.... I'm not slightly crazy... I'm completly bonkers... especially about you :)

Thank you honey for making me feel so special (in a non mental way)

LOVE YOU C!!!!
I love you too, Punk. More than that letter could ever describe.
Raven Song
Stealer of Time
Sexual preference: Other
Species: Shapeshifting Anubian

Post by Raven Song »

I know it isnt much but it was a quick fun doodle i did yesterday while listening to Shooting Star by Owl City, and I couldnt stop thinking about you.... so i drew thsi up quickly :)
Attachments
shootingstarrandomdoodle.jpg
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist. Pablo Picasso
terror

Post by terror »

Faanvolla wrote:* fetches a tissue
Pass me one too .... *wipes tear from eye*
Contrast
Necrotic Neurotic

Post by Contrast »

Punk-Fox-Dot-Com wrote:I know it isnt much but it was a quick fun doodle i did yesterday while listening to Shooting Star by Owl City, and I couldnt stop thinking about you.... so i drew thsi up quickly :)
Wow! That's awesome! And it's so apt too. Whenever I'm with you I feel like I'm being taken on one hell of a ride. Thank you, Punk. <3
Acynnonyx
Species: Cheetah

Post by Acynnonyx »

I dont even fit here... but what a passion between you two. Hope one day I can fall in love like you two.
Let the good times roll
Captain Companion
Species: Psycotic Arctic Thunder Wolf

Post by Captain Companion »

I almost cried when i read that!It's so beatifull!
The only way for a warrior to be brave is to be afraid first.Captain Psycowolf salutes You!
Dragonwolf
Species: Dragon Wolf Hybrid
Region: Gauteng

Post by Dragonwolf »

D'awww. You know you two are sooooo cute together. It's adorable :3
"We should stop being envious of others and start being more accepting of ourselves."

Did I get that right?... The mic was off? What do you mean it was OFF!