Undecided

Have a flair for poetry, stories, or even write songs? Need some advice or looking for a beta-reader? This is the place for you!

Moderator: Erdwolf_TVL

Raven Song
Stealer of Time
Sexual preference: Other
Species: Shapeshifting Anubian
Region: Other

Undecided

Post by Raven Song »

okay, so i know I;m all creatvie like, and I know i write florally (my boss says that about the trends i put in my reports) but i cannot for the fluff of me write a book....

but i can try none the less. so this is just for fun. It's a concept i had from a long time ago with some changes made to it....

so yah, here goes.... Chapter one part 1:

“Here you got Mr Hall.” said the cab driver, as he pulled to a stop. The early morning light was dim as Jason stepped out of the cab. “But this is the middle desert!” he shouted, as the cab driver pulled away. Just my rotten lunch he said to himself, as he swished his black tail.

“Great now what am I supposed to do.” he shouted into the desert air, as the sun rose steadily over the distant mountains. picking up his bag, Jason looked down at the recruitment letter the Army had sent him. He was far beyond the safe zone border, and he could hear the sound of the fighting echoing through the empty landscape. The paper was crumpled and flapped in the soft breeze.

“Drop off, 5.45am. Pick up, 6.00am.” it read. So know what, I sit and wait? he thought to himself. Placing his bag on the dusty ground, Jason sat and began playing with the ground around him. His dark fur roughelled as the breeze grew stronger. checking his watch, the large wolf gave a frustrated sigh. “It’s six thirty all ready. I wonder if everything the damn army does is late?” he shouted out into the empty air. picking himself up, Jason turned to the mountains.

“lets see, if we came from that way where the safe zomes are, then that way must be the base?” he said, picking his bag up and slinging it loosly over his shoulder. his frame was small, even though he stood a good meter eight. he’d never been an army boy, his father was a general and had left his home when he was a pup. After living in the hell hole of a safe zone with his family for his whole life, he wanted out. He set out, across the desert, in the direction he felt most comfortable with. the morning sun was peaking over the desert hills, and though he walked towards the sounds of the fight, he felt confident he would reach the army base, where ever the hell it was. it was ten before he realised how lost he was. he couldn’t see the road through the rippling heat, and the only sounds he could hear now where the sounds of the vulture which circled over head.

“I’m going to die out here, alone, trying to prove to my stupid father that I am more than just some pasty white loser.” he mumbled, as he stumbled over the harsh dirt. His shirt was tied around his head, and he hugged his bag to his chest as if his life depended on it. he looked out over the landscape before him. He’d walked into a gap between the mountians, and the ocean of scrub and dirt before him instilled a deep fear in him that he really wasn’t about to make it out alive. a soft light flashing along the horizon made him blink. what was that moving so quickly. it stopped a few kilometres away from him.

“great, I’m hallucinating,” said the wolf as he stumbled over a low lying cactus. the object was getting larger, quite quickly as he stopped awlking. there shouldn’t be rouge mecha out this far away from the action? he thought as he crouched down. the object suddenly shot into the air, flying high above him into the sunluight, casting a shadow over him.

“Oh shit!” he shouted as he threw himself to the floor and covered his head with his bag. “I swear I don’t deserve this! I just wanted to help!” he shouted as the world went dark, and the sound of the mech filled the air. the last thing he remember before blacking out was a soft touch to his fur, the mumbled sound of a youthful girls voice, and the world, an empty black spot.
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist. Pablo Picasso
Raven Song
Stealer of Time

Re: Undecided

Post by Raven Song »

chapter 1 part II

“Base, this is Terra, request permission to land?” came a male voice from the chair ahead of Jason. He was strapped into a seat, and his bag lay next to him. The Mech was a base model fighter unit, bulky and designed to take hit after hit. it was never intended for more than one passenger, so the space was cramped. He looked out of the window, and shrunk back in horror.

“Howdy mate? You looking a bit green about the gills.” said the roo in front of him. “don’t worry, you’re not the first bloke to go disapearen’ from the pickup spot. Luckily Miss Nova was about to help me look. Girls got ESPN or something.” said the roo, as he swung the ship into a downward drive.

“I don’t feel so good.” said Jason, as he lay back in the seat. “Well, you’ve obviously never been in a mecha before.” said the roo. “Private Henry Terra, at your service.” he said, as he turned around in his seat to shake Jason’s hand. The ship lurched downwards and he quickly spun back to regain control. Jason had conveniently thrown up in a small bag he’d found, and was now proceeding to ward of a second wave.

“You’ll get used to it. Wait till you fly with Miss Nova in the Draco.” he said. Jason looked above him. The largest mech he’d ever seen flew steadily above him. it was a machine of perfection, it’s black and lime markings striking against the azure sky. “Impressive aint it.” said Terra as he flew lower towards the base. The cliff edge which lined the open canyon for the base was looming ahead, and Jason gripped his seat. He hated flying. Hated driving. Hated most mobile things.

“How long was I out for?” he asked as he swallowed down the fear. Terra checked his watch as the mecha lurched again. “Only ‘bout half an hour. Not bad for a rookie. I’ve had guys who don’t get up again for at least a week.” he said as they landed in the canyon floor. Jason looked up at the Draco.

“You’ll need to go to the recruitment station son.” said Terra, as he helped Jason out of his seat. Falling to the floor, Jason was met by a pair of brightly polished boots.

“So this is what Emily sends me. A noodle strand of a child. You don’t belong here.” said a stern voice from above. Jason looked up at the large wolf in front of him. His sleek grey coat was torn in places where the scars of battle had been slashed into his skin.

“Hello father.” said Jason as he picked himself up from the canyon floor, dusting himself off. “I see you haven’t changed in twenty years since you left.” he said, looking up into his father eyes. a firm hand to the cheek sent Jason flying his head banging into the ground with a loud sickening thud.

“You have no right to talk to a General that way.” said his father, his steel blue eyes burning deeply into his son. The Draco had silently landed nearby. Jason awoke to find a slender, muscular vixen before him. Her hand was extended and she looked down upon him with a faint smile.

“Leave him Nova, he isn’t worth the time.” said Jason’s father from behind her. “If I was worth the time, then so is he.” she said, grabbing Jason’s wrist and lifting him off the floor. Jason stood in front of the fox, who giggled as she brushed him off. “Sorry, forget my own strength sometimes” she said, as she handed him his bag. Her tail swished under his nose as she turned to the General. “And you, don’t you have some city to go bomb.” she said, angrily into the generals face. They stared at each for a moment, both parties angry and not willing to back down.

“hahaha, yes Nova, I suppose you’re right.” said the general quickly, laughing as he turned. Nova glared after her commander, as Terra helped Jason wipe the blood from the gash above his eye. “And you, what the hell do you think you’re doing giving the General lip like that. I don’t care what relation he is to you, if you want to survive this place, this war, then I suggest you shape up your ideas.” said Nova, tossing Jason his bag. “Terra, show this man his quarters. He’ll be in D Section.” she said, as she walked towards the massive metal doors protruding from the canyon wall. The Draco Hummed loudly behind them, causing Jason to jump.
“You can run a memory dump if you want, but get some rest okay.” shouted Nova without looking back. Jason looked puzzled as he walked with Terra towards the base entrance.

“Does she understand them?” he asked Terra. Terra nodded, as he threw his head back and ran his hand through his short blonde hair.

“Yeah, she got some machine running her head.” he said, a smile across his face. Jason stopped and looked at the room who hopped on ahead. “But that type of cyber technology hasn’t been perfected yet?” said Jason, as they walked through the doors. The main hanger was loud and busy, as Mecha and planes, trucks and tanks were worked on by hundreds of busy engineers. “Who said she was from around here?” said Terra as he opened a large red door with his access card. Jason thought to himself as they walked down the corridors. The base was huge and housed thousands of shoulders. the pair walked in silence through the busy corridors, twisting and turning. Suddenly they stopped. Jason looked up with a start.

“This is your quarters. I don’t know why you get this place instead of a Newby room, but I don’t argue with Miss Nova.” said Terra, as he let Jason into the room. It was white, cleaner than he’d ever seen a place. The bed was neat and lay under the cupboard, and single desk filled the empty space. a small toilet and shower took up the corner closest to the door, but the room was plain and simple. “Thanks.” he said as he picked up his access card from the bed. Terra nodded and handed him a file.
“Food times, training times and map, all you need to survive.” he said, as Jason took it and sat down at the desk. Loud music blared down the corridor, and the sound of singing filled the air. “OOOOOOOOOOOH, SOMETIMES I GET A GOOD FEELING!” shouted the young fox as she walked past the door. She was dancing and the music blasted from her ithercom, the device she wore on her left bracer. “Is she always like that?” he asked Terra. The room nodded and sighed.

“Best you get yourself together, dinner is in ten in the great hall.” he said, leaving the room. Jason looked out of the room and saw as Nova disappeared into down a corridor. “I wouldn’t if I were you lover pup.” sounded a voice from nearby. a leopard stood, leaning against the white wall near his door. Her figure was slender, though a bigger build than Nova, and she had a certain manliness about her that frightened Jason.

“Names Jules. Corporal Yvonne Jules.” she said, thrusting her paw out for a shake. Jason gingerly took it and returned the welcome. “Jason. Hall.” he said, his eyes settling for a region lower than her eyes. “Back up there furpile.” she said, as she shoved him into his room. “So, a newbie in my block.” she said as she looked around his room. Jason uneasily moved towards his desk. “says you're in charge of D block.” he pointed towards his manual. Jules laughed and punched his shoulder. “That would be me.” she said, grinning from ear to ear. Jason smiled back nervously. Jules turned towards the door.

“As I was saying before, I wouldn’t fall for Miss Nova if I were you.” she said, as she leaned out the doorway. “Who said I was?” he replied, his voice quivering in a mix of fear and hurt. “Your eyes did my boy. I’ve seen it a thousand and one times.” she said, as she hung half out the room and half in. “She got this charm, this mystique everyone wants a piece of, heck even me!” she said loudly. Jason flinched as she shouted. His head hurt from where he’d fallen, but the gash wasn’t big enough to cause any serious worries. He looked up to find Jules nose nearly touching his. “She belongs to your dad boy, and don’t you forget it.” she said, anger filling her eyes. Jason felt a pang of hurt in his heart, as the words struck home.

“See you at dinner lover!” she shouted, as she left his room. Jason slammed his door shut and flung himself on his bed. Crying into his pillow, he clenched his fists and pounded the mattress.

“Why must that damn old fool steal everything from me? My youth, my life and now, the only reason I’d joined the army!” he shouted to himself. Pulling open his bag, he grabbed a poster he’d had for a long time. It was of Nova, posed like an old age hero. She wore her army outfit, with its lime trims and a few non militia accessories. Behind her knelt the Draco and the pair looked so brave and honest. He’d fallen for her when he’d found the poster, and knew she was what he wanted. But now his father had her, and he never could. The anger fuelled his desire. Grabbing his map he found the room he sought for.

“I’ll prove to them, I’ll prove to that old fool that I am, and will be better than he ever could be!” he said, slamming his door shut behind him. He didn’t notice the small observer bot floating around the room, watching his every move.
terror

Post by terror »

I'm liking this so far :D
Raven Song
Stealer of Time

Post by Raven Song »

thank you :)
Adagio
Warm Hearted
Species: Snow Leopard
Region: Gauteng

Post by Adagio »

Hmmmm. I like!! funny, i never liked the army, but recently, I discovered a rather fondness to army or military related fiction...

Keep up the good work!!

Ps. i have no idea why i'm writing down such big words......... :oops:
Raven Song
Stealer of Time

Post by Raven Song »

Thanks Adagio :)
Raven Song
Stealer of Time

Post by Raven Song »

And for the first part of chapter 2. please, I mean no offence in here i swear, i have a terrible sense of humour, and I had to put that last little bit in.

Chapter 2, Part I

The gymnasium was silent as Jason pushed open the door. Voices talked softly from the changing area, and he could see the occupants behind the frosted glass. A large bear was pulling on his shirt, and he spoke down to someone.

“I rate that new kid lasts like a day or two, then they ship him out.” he was saying, as Jason moved silently around the room. The bears company, a relatively tall lizard laughed, chilling Jason to the bone. “I rate when he leaves, it’ll be in pieces.” he said, his tongue flicking eagerly out over his lips. Jason crouched down behind a spinning bike, as the pair moved from the change room. “I heard someone say he likes Nova.” said the bear. The lizard stopped his face angry. Suddenly he burst into hysterical laughter, collapsing to the floor holding his stomach. “If the chief doesn’t have her, she’s mine. So what chance does that pansy have?” he said between bursts of giggles. His companion laughed too as he helped the Lizard up. “Oh Justin, you do make me laugh.” said the bear as he carried the laughing lizard from the room on his shoulder. Jason waited until they were long gone, then moved from his hiding spot.

“Great, now I’m a joke amongst the crew.” he said as he mounted the spinning cycle. He punched in a few numbers and began working out. His mind raced with thoughts of anger and confusion. Why was he here. What had compelled this simple librarian from the only known Grey Zone in the Southern Hemisphere to join the Army. An army run by his father, a man who loathed the very existence of his one and only son. An army which held captive the only being to have broken the Universal Barrier and enter the nether-realm. Nova, such a sweet child, had her whole life taken from her. She would never be normal again, but that never seemed to stop her from being optimistic. He didn’t even notice the gym doors open behind him.

“Hey Newb.” came a gruff voice from behind him. It was a large rat, who wore a stain covered apron. his name badge read Fingers, and Jason felt a little uneasy around him.
“I’m Fingers, the base head chef.” he said, thrusting out a gloved metal paw. Jason gingerly shook the paw, trying not to look the rat in the eye. Finger’s bio-mechanical eye zoomed in on Jason, and the soft blue glow emitting from the machine was eerie. Jason turned back to the bike, pushing on as he hit the five kilometre mark.

“Didn’t see you at dinner.” said Fingers, as he sat down on a bench. Jason nodded, his chest heaving as he began to feel the strain of working out. Fingers took out a nail file and began working on his good hand. “You know, there’s been some talk of you and Miss Nova.” said fingers as he checked his nails. Jason felt uneasy about the rat, and stopped cycling for a moment.

“I thought the army discouraged homosexuals?” he said, not looking at his companion. Fingers laughed, and put the nail file down. “I didn’t think it was that obvious mate.” he said, slapping Jason on the back, his body jiggling as he laughed. “Me and Corporal Manson.” he said as he leant over the front of the bike. Jason looked the rat up and down. Fingers smiled, looking the wolf over. “You know, you might just be her type.” he said, as he ran a finger down Jason’s soft cheek. Jason pulled away, causing Fingers to laugh some more. “Aw don’t worry little wolf, I wont bite.” he said, snapping his jaws just in front of Jasons whiskers.

“Fingers. heel.” shouted a stern voice from the mens room. standing in the doorway was a large crocodile, barely dressed. the faint light from the changeroom framed his muscular body and he smiled sweetly at the pair. “Corp, man am I glad to see you.” said Fingers as he stood upright. “I hope he hasn’t abused you too much?” said Manson, as he walked over to the pair, wiping the shower water from his scales. Fingers wrapped his tail around the crocodiles waist.

“I’m sure I said we were to try keep it a secret?” Manson said to his rodent friend, rubbing his nose with Fingers. “So you two are?” said Jason, breaking the sudden akward silence that had fallen over him. Manson looked over at him, his white teeth shining in the dim gym light.

“Corporal Manson, Gymnasium master and all round good guy.” he said, saluting Jason in a formal manner. “Yes, we are indeed in love, and yes, we do things that most normal furs would find not only disturbing, but down right evil, but heck, such is love.” he said, as he hugged Fingers.

“Aw, save that talk for the bedroom.” said Fingers, as he smiled down at his crocodile. “Okay… I think I should get going.” said Jason, as the pair in front of him began kissing.

“Wait.” shouted Manson, who had untangled himself from the rat’s embrace. Jason turned to him, his face a little uneasy. “Nova will need you more than ever in the coming months. Don’t ask me how or why, but trust that she will. You will need to be there for her.” said Manson, placing his hand on Jason’s shoulder. Jason sighed, and looked to the floor.

“Why would she need me when she has my father.” he said, his fists clenched. Manson picked the boys chin up, looking deeply into his azure blue eyes.

“Because, your father may be one hell of a General, but his first loyalty is to himself.” he said. Fingers nodded behind Manson, confirming this in Jason’s mind. Jason left the gymnasium, his head spinning slightly, and his body burning. Fingers sat on a bench as Manson locked the door.

“You know what I just realised.” said Fingers as he slipped his apron off. Manson smiled and sat down next to him. “What?” he said, as he ran his finger through the rodent’s soft pelt.

“If this were a fiction story, we’d be the token gay guys.” Fingers said, as Manson turned his head to face him. The crocodile kissed him gently on the lips.

“Well then it’s a damn good thing this isn’t a fiction story, isn’t it?” he said with a laugh, as the sun set outside, and the pair embraced each other.
terror

Post by terror »

Only got around to reading this now ... not sure why though ... but did LOL at that last part :lol:
Raven Song
Stealer of Time

Post by Raven Song »

hehehehe, that was my eebil plan :)
Xanduin
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: Dog
Region: Gauteng

Post by Xanduin »

Funny I also thought of a drill Sargent as a crocodile.
Raven Song
Stealer of Time

Post by Raven Song »

hehehehehe, they just seem drill sergeanty :)