Ashes Of The Fallen

Have a flair for poetry, stories, or even write songs? Need some advice or looking for a beta-reader? This is the place for you!

Moderator: Erdwolf_TVL

MattedFurr
Sexual preference: bi-mostly straight
Species: Red Panda / Arctic Wolf Hybrid
Region: Gauteng

Ashes Of The Fallen

Post by MattedFurr »

(Prologue)
Ever since the recoding of time, the world has been caught in a raging battle between good and evil, predator and prey, innocent and guilty, light against dark. In the year 2020, the leaders of the world gathered for an important meeting regarding world peace. After hours of deliberating, they reached their decision. Just before the final announcement was made, a bomb went off inside the building. Not a single person had survived the devastating blast. After receiving knowledge of the death of their beloved leaders, the world plunged into chaos. Wars violently erupted all over the globe.
Soon after the wars had started, a group of American scientists discovered two ancient crystals, one ivory and the other ebony, in a crater left in the wake of a nuclear strike. Once brought back to the lab, they started experimenting with the crystals. On their own, each of the crystals gave out immense waves of energy. The ivory crystal could restore a small amount of life, as the ebony crystal could take it away. But brought too close together, they become unstable and unpredictable. The scientists then thought that they could harness the energy from the crystals and use them to create super human fighters and finally end the war.
After five long years of trial and error with merging the energy with human DNA, they thought they finally had the right balance and could achieve their goal. Sadly the experiment failed, again and again until they were forced to give it up. They decided that if they couldn't harness the energy, then none shall. So they hid them deep inside the earth's crust in two separate locations and vowed not to speak of it again. Little did they know that the long exposure to the radiation from the crystals caused their bodies to absorb the energy. They're spawn would be the only hope to save this forsaken world...
Must
Hug
Tails!
Fluke
Tyrant's Eye
Region: Other

Re: Ashes Of The Fallen

Post by Fluke »

The grammar isn't good and I would say that you need to expand on the points. It is way, way too short. Details are needed, even if it is a prologue story. Also make sure that your story can make sense in a plausible future 'option' for the real world before adding unknown/alien elements to it or adding massive disasters. Also make sure that you manage to explain how disasters happened. All the world's leaders dying seems extremely unrealistic.

At least you spelled everything correctly :)
MattedFurr
Sexual preference: bi-mostly straight
Species: Red Panda / Arctic Wolf Hybrid
Region: Gauteng

Re: Ashes Of The Fallen

Post by MattedFurr »

Thats a short and fast way to demoralise a guy... Nah just pulling your hind leg. This is just something I do in my spare time, I actually don't care if its perfect. As for the grammar, I blame being raised by afrikaans only parents. English comes more naturally to me and i enjoy it to, even though I can't write perfectly yet. Thanx for all the pointer though, will try to do better next time! ;)
Must
Hug
Tails!