My new storie series

Have a flair for poetry, stories, or even write songs? Need some advice or looking for a beta-reader? This is the place for you!

Moderator: Erdwolf_TVL

Falconcommand
Sexual preference: bi-mostly straight
Species: Feral Dragon
Region: Gauteng

My new storie series

Post by Falconcommand »

Ok i started to wright my first furry storie about dragons problem is i need someone to proof read it so far i have 2 chapters writen
About a total of 1800 words
So who is up for it
Burn the heretic. Kill the mutant. Purge the unclean.

It is better to die for the Emperor than to live for yourself.
Fluke
Tyrant's Eye
Region: Other

Re: My new storie series

Post by Fluke »

No offense, but if you start off with misspelling the heading, things aren't looking up.
Splicer-Fox
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Fox fennec springbok thing

Post by Splicer-Fox »

maybe you should just post it so that people here can read it. :)
Dont worry about the trolls...
They will have negative things to say but they are not the majority ;)
Durosuka
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: Liger

Post by Durosuka »

I'll read it :mrgreen:
I like dragons, and I don't mind spelling at all *growls at Fluke*

just tell me and e-mail me the first 2 chapters. just note, I'm very direct when people asks me my opinion on stuff so forgive me when I get nit-picky on stuff. :D
Time to change
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Growlithe (pokemon)
Region: Other

Post by Rakuen Growlithe »

Actually Fluke has a very good point. If you're writing then you need to pay attention to things like spelling and grammar. As a writer, it is your job to convey an idea to the reader and that is impaired if people have to spend time trying to figure out what it is you were saying. That's why a lot of writers, even on the internet, have people read through their material and check it before it is posted or published.

In fairness to the OP he is asking for someone to check his work so presumably he is aware of the problems. (For the record I counted three spelling and 14 grammar errors in the post. If you post stuff here I can check it. I partially fixed up another story on here.)
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~
Durosuka
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: Liger

Post by Durosuka »

Fair enough yes, spelling and grammar is important. what I meant by growling at fluke was that I don't mind spelling and grammar when it comes to proof reading, it is what the proof reading is for. Sorry for not being very clear on that

I myself am bad with spelling and grammar when I write stuff for the first time round and I only fix them when I'm happy with what I've written and the story. I have a friend who usually goes over my stuff and tells me about stuff that need trimming or things that are unclear and when me and him are done with that then I fix the spelling.

One focuses on the story itself and the creativity until it is finished then figure out the grammar. Since Falconcommand is only on chapter 2 spelling should be the last thing on his mind (unless he intends to publish it chapter for chapter or in batches)

Again, I apologies if I was rude or anything.
Time to change