F&F - Fates & Furries

Come in, relax, play with your friends! You can find something for everybody here. You can even find threads with no particular point at all, other than a good time! You can even start up some role playing.
Dyhan
Species: Canis simensis
Region: Gauteng

F&F - Fates & Furries

Post by Dyhan »

Alright everyone let this nerd tell you what's happening here: A furry spin off of the table-top board game Dungeons & Dragons. If you have ever played you would know that there are multiple characters and one dungeon keeper(or in this case fate keeper) who is responsible for narrating the story the characters follow, and he/she provides the choices that make the story truly unique to the players. If you want to play then post your characters name, species, class(this is basically what your fur excels at, for example a wizard excels at magic while a barbarian excels at hand-to-hand combat), weapon of choice, personality and traits, original allegiance(whether you are good or evil at the beginning) and even a small background summary of your 'sona. I will take the role of the narrator/fates keeper unless someone else wants to do it, in that case I would play with my own fursona. Some choices can get your character killed but if possible the fates keeper should find a way to bring them back unless the player fells they died for a reason and shouldn't come back until the next game. The game will begin when there is at least two players and more players can join as the game progresses but their roles will become smaller. When a new game starts (if we get that far) give new players time to join so everybody can have a turn, obviously if you've played before and not that many players join you can play again.

My character summary example:
Name: Dyhan
Species: Fox-dragon hybrid
Class: Bard (this is the musician class)
Weapon: Harp and flute
Personality: secretive, studious, quiet, introverted, too kind hearted, always considers alternatives, conservative, sometimes contradictory in personality.
Allegiance: Good
Background: Chased out of his village for his dragon heritage, Dyhan was forced to live and grow up alone. This led to confidence and trust issues. The only place he feels like and reveals his true self is when he's lost in a harmonious melody.

I hope that helped and I look forward to playing with you guys. If you have any questions please ask, either here or you can PM me. :geek: :D
Fox and Wolf in soul. Owl in mind. Everything in spirit.

My Wattpad account!
Contrast
Necrotic Neurotic
Sexual preference: Straight
Species: Necrobat

Re: F&F - Fates & Furries

Post by Contrast »

Well, I've never played D&D before, but sure, why not? Let's give it a crack.
This isn't 100% accurate to my 'sona, but I figured I'd spice it up a bit for RP.

Name: Contrast
Species: Necrobat (Undead)
Class: Necromancer
Weapon: Brain
Personality: Analytical, logical, cunning, and sometimes conniving. Will do just about anything to achieve his goals.
Allegiance: Neutral
Background: Contrast has no memory of when he was alive. All he knows is the cold embrace of undeath. He awoke in a necromancer's cave one night, during a complex ritual. But, for some unknown reason, the renegade wizard's spells were unable to bind him. Contrast fought back, lashing out against his would-be slavemaster, killing him in a blinding flash of black light. Dazed and confused, Contrast wandered outside, unaware that he was beginning his new "life", as one of the accursed undead.

He cannot feel warmth, for all heat surrounding him simply vanishes, leaving the area around him cold as ice. He cannot eat, but he can absorb the natural energies of the world around him to fuel his power. He possesses a slew of black magicks, honed to a terrible edge over all the years he has spent wandering this wretched world, searching every library in every great city, looking fruitlessly for a way to end the curse of his undeath, trying desperately to seek answers to the burning questions which would have haunted his dreams, if only he were able to rest.

Who was he before he died? Did he have any friends or family? How did he obtain all these dark powers? Was it because of the necromancer? And what was that evil wizard hoping to accomplish with his re-animated corpse?

Contrast has not been able to find the answers to any of the questions he seeks, but he will not stop, and he will not rest.

This curse will not allow it.
Read my novel on: SoFurry | Fur Affinity | Deviant Art
Ivic_Wulfe
Viridis Spes Vulupe
Sexual preference: Other
Species: Green Folf

Post by Ivic_Wulfe »

Name: Ivic_Wulfe

Species: Fox-Wolf Hybrid

Class: Ranger

Weapon: bow and saber

Personality: studious, introverted, initially cold but opens up to people he trusts, always ready to ask about alternatives, outspoken: when necessary, playful in situations, sarcastic, friendly, sometimes quick to anger but just as quick to forgive, doesn't blindly follow, doesn't lead either.

Allegiance: Chaotic Good

Background: Due to his inability to follow the set laws of the rangers he was eventually kicked out of his clan and forced to go it alone. Because of this he has been forced to go to the city more often and look for work there. His ranger abilities make him a fairly good go to for work in the forests, however he tends to complete jobs his way.
AND THEN THE CAGE COMES DOWN! The cage with the Japanese fighting spiders inside, your mother strikes a match off her forearm and tells you to dance in the front room for money... - Dylan Moran
rusted hydra
Cannibal
Sexual preference: Bi

Post by rusted hydra »

(Is there something like a golemancer class in d&d)
Dyhan

Post by Dyhan »

Contrast, Ivic perfect (I wasn't expecting the lawful and chaotic to come up) I'll try post the beginning tomorrow, if not then on Tuesday
Sakul Ebbon wrote:(Is there something like a golemancer class in d&d)
Why not? It doesn't have to be directly from D&D but I just used D&D as a template. Take Contrast's character, the only undead in regular D&D are enemies, the closest class to a necromancer is a sorcerer or wizard and a brain isn't even a weapon in D&D but it's fine (although I don't know how that would work unless he uses it for channeling magick :? :roll: ) Although the closest to a golemancer would probably be the druid with the ability to summon woodland spirits as companions like golems to a golemancer

My Wattpad account!
rusted hydra
Cannibal

Post by rusted hydra »

Dyhan wrote:a brain isn't even a weapon in D&D but it's fine (although I don't know how that would work unless he uses it for channeling magick :? :roll: ) Although the closest to a golemancer would probably be the druid with the ability to summon woodland spirits as companions like golems to a golemancer
*imagines Cont just running about a fight with a brain and smushing it in a troll's face*
Ya know what sarge, I'm pretty sure he doesnt mean "equip brain as weapon"
Think its more "use my brains instead of brawn."

Anyways.
Here be another character: Fido Ebbon (one of my characters but edited)

Name: Fido Ebbon
Species: shark/dragoness/other/hybrid
Class: golemancer (makes enchanted scriptures and places them in things to make golems)
Weapon: carpenter's hammer

Personality: crazy, inconsistent, greedy, likes to fool around and a bit of a bully but in the end is good hearted and will help... if it aids her.

Allegiance: chaotic neutral.

Backround: Unlike other golemancers, who become simple craftsman, Fido decided to use her profission for adventuring and took to the road. Head full of dreams of fantastic adventures and heroics and, most important, treasures! Besides adventuring, her life goal is building an ultimate golem.
She is accompanied by 2 golems
One short clay one that is fragile but agile and smart.
The other a wooden-mess, durable, can throw a punch, slow, and easily fixed by nailing more wood to it
Though, you must wonder how this hybrid came to be, and where did she learn her profession? For what does she need an ultimate golem for. Something doesnt seem right, and it might just come back to bite the party in the arse.

Extra that I thought: we add some sort of negative trait to our characters? Just to add chaos to events
E.g. I'll take compulsive drinker and angry drunk. Alchohol in inventory? Goodbye! Intoxicated? Starts biting people(and these shark bites come with some long fangs)

And how is this game going to be ordered? Whats stopping me going "I ponch world and all die" or "I smack two peices of wood together and create an invincible golem"
How we going to judge strength?
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

I'm currently part of a D&D campaign, this should be a fun change of pace from my half-elf ranger. I'm eager to see where this goes.

Name: Leeward
Species: Domestic cattle
Class: Holy Paladin (healer)
Weapon: Variety of large two-handed hammers and axes.
Personality: Patient, cautious, insightful, compassionate, not overly righteous but with a strong moral code, mostly quiet but not hesitant to speak out, feels compelled to enforce justice and equality and defend the oppressed and abused.
Moral alignment: Neutral Good

Background: She studied the martial and healing arts in her home city of Lightning Cliff (totally original name) and in her early adventures was a field medic in a war against a clan of centaurs (again, totally original). Seeing suffering on both sides taught her that good and bad are subjective and that what matters is the motive and not the side one is sworn to. After a period as a hermit she decided to adopt a moral code that is independent of allegiance (hence her not being the typical Lawful Good of Paladins) yet still follows the principles of protecting the innocent and punishing villainy and corruption. Since then she has been a lone wanderer, spreading kindness wherever she could.

[Afterthought, considering Contrast: although this pally naturally has an aversion to the undead, their level of sentience and morality plays a role in how she reacts to them. Her initial reflex would however be cautiously hostile.]
Contrast
Necrotic Neurotic

Post by Contrast »

Leeward wrote: [Afterthought, considering Contrast: although this pally naturally has an aversion to the undead, their level of sentience and morality plays a role in how she reacts to them. Her initial reflex would however be cautiously hostile.]
Same goes to you, Paladin. You just keep that holy light to yourself, otherwise you might wake up one fine morning with a zombie squirrel in your bedroll. :evil:
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

Keep talking, you aberration, and see what happens. You might just find yourself being exorcised of your precious stripes and see them turn into spots.
Contrast
Necrotic Neurotic

Post by Contrast »

Says the holy cow wearing lime green hotpants.
Ivic_Wulfe
Viridis Spes Vulupe

Post by Ivic_Wulfe »

*gets the equivalent of "popcorn" for this time and land and sits back to have a quiet chuckle to himself*
AND THEN THE CAGE COMES DOWN! The cage with the Japanese fighting spiders inside, your mother strikes a match off her forearm and tells you to dance in the front room for money... - Dylan Moran
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

How did you find my private pictures you pervert?! I'm wearing full plate armour! At least I don't go flying around stark naked.

[Meta: I really should get around to making that ref sheet with a fully dressed version...]
Contrast
Necrotic Neurotic

Post by Contrast »

EEP! I'M NAKED! O.O
*Dons black robes and shadowy hooded cloak with power of Mysterious Air +2*
It has this symbol on the back:
Necrobat Symbol.jpg
[MS PAINT FTW!!] :P
Dyhan

Post by Dyhan »

Sakul Ebbon wrote:Ya know what sarge, I'm pretty sure he doesnt mean "equip brain as weapon"
Think its more "use my brains instead of brawn."
*Facepaws* :oops: :lol:
Sakul Ebbon wrote:Extra that I thought: we add some sort of negative trait to our characters? Just to add chaos to events
E.g. I'll take compulsive drinker and angry drunk. Alchohol in inventory? Goodbye! Intoxicated? Starts biting people(and these shark bites come with some long fangs
I initially thought people would try to include some negative traits in their personalities but I will concoct a lovely brew of traits for you all to drink from, except you Sakul your already an alcoholic :mrgreen:
Sakul Ebbon wrote:And how is this game going to be ordered? Whats stopping me going "I ponch world and all die" or "I smack two peices of wood together and create an invincible golem"
How we going to judge strength?
I refer you to the role play guidelines - if you godmod I will personally incorporate your death into the story and you will be banned. As for judging strength we won't be LARPing statistics otherwise this thread will die faster than deer in hunting season (apologies to all deer and all other kin hurt in the making of this comment, I actually have a really nice deer friend) but I ask that you fuzzies please try to balance yourselves when you have free reign on the story with you choices, but sometimes you can be overpowered for certain parts(i.e. you created an advantage for yourself earlier in the story)

Everyone I'm sorry but today life decided I would have no time to post the story today so I will try ensure it is up by tomorrow - Don't worry if you aren't included in the first part/chapter I have a part planned for you if you have posted before this :geek: ;) :D

My Wattpad account!
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

Dyhan wrote:I initially thought people would try to include some negative traits in their personalities but I will concoct a lovely brew of traits for you all to drink from, except you Sakul your already an alcoholic :mrgreen:
If that's the case put me down for aggressively brutal honesty and an ironic aversion to bright light.
Ivic_Wulfe
Viridis Spes Vulupe

Post by Ivic_Wulfe »

And me for indecisive and innate want to find the middle ground between everything.
Contrast
Necrotic Neurotic

Post by Contrast »

Leeward wrote:
Dyhan wrote:I initially thought people would try to include some negative traits in their personalities but I will concoct a lovely brew of traits for you all to drink from, except you Sakul your already an alcoholic :mrgreen:
If that's the case put me down for aggressively brutal honesty and an ironic aversion to bright light.
Then we have something in common, splithoof. As both a bat and an Undead, I cannot stand bright light (especially sunlight). I can go out in daylight if I absolutely must (I'm not a vampire), but it's difficult to see and I have to keep my hood up at all times.

Being Undead has its benefits, but it has its fair share of drawbacks, too. Since I'm not alive, I am unable to generate magicka of my own. Therefore, all energy I use for spells must be taken in from the world around me. If I'm in a barren area devoid of energy, I cannot use magic (unless I "borrow" some from my allies, a process they might not find very agreeable).

As for negative aspects of my personality, I am unable to feel most emotions. I can feel anger, pain, sorrow, frustration, and a burning obsession to find the truth of my origin and my previous life, but any positive feelings must have abandoned me the moment my soul left my body, for I cannot feel joy. I cannot feel happiness of any kind.

I cannot feel love.

Such gifts are only for the living.
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

Contrast wrote:Then we have something in common, splithoof.
I thought you might say that, creature of darkness. Although for me this is due to having spent an excessive amount of time indoors during my studies, accustoming my eyes to permanent dim light.

[Meta: my IRL self has the same problem because I have very light-coloured eyes, I struggle to see without sunglasses on a sunny day, and have a ridiculously strong photic sneeze reflex. *Walks into sunlight unshielded, sneezes 7 times, then 4 times more* - I'm not even kidding.]
Contrast
Necrotic Neurotic

Post by Contrast »

[*Imagines giant Tauren Paladin sneezing uncontrollably every time she casts Holy Light*] :lol:
Ivic_Wulfe
Viridis Spes Vulupe

Post by Ivic_Wulfe »

[reminds me of Unforgotten Realms where the one guy constantly cast flare]
Dyhan

Post by Dyhan »

Alright my furries... Let the games begin!

Today we find ourselves in a kingdom aged over many summers. But today is no normal day as just one autumn from now the winter solstice will be accompanied by the 101st new moon. A time when great magic can be concentrated and harvested. A day forgotten by many.(including our players)

The kingdom of Baltimore has recently emerged victorious from the Great War between the centaurs, cyclopes and trolls from the Far East. In this war many furries fought but one rogue ranger shone through the ranks. His name, Ivic Wulfe. Although not everyone survived. Many died during this war, but many more were saved by a horned heroine from the Cliffs of the Far East. A paladin of the name Leeward. Ivic was forced to join the army as the king's highest commanding officer, although this went against his very nature it was a more peaceful alternative than trying to resist, besides the pay was handsome to say the least. Leeward, blended into the crowds of field medics, was not offered a position but was recognized for her efforts.

Now whispers are rippling through the kingdom in waves of a rumor. These whispers have fallen on the ears of a shadowy figure going by the name of Contrast. The rumors are vague and confused but there is a name being spoken that only Contrast knows the true meaning of. Necra, the shortening of Necoriasis, the fur who reincarnated him. The rumors speak of a meeting between the king and his commanding officer and Contrast knows that anything to do with the vile fur who created him could hold the answer to the questions etched in his revived mind.

Now Contrast has a choice:
1. Ask to speak with the king and create a lie to try go on this supposed adventure with Ivic
2. Try to sneak into the palace as a guards feral-familiar (you know your likely to be caught if they question the guard about you)
3. Take a hostage (Leeward) to try and force access into the palace
4. Bribe your way through a worker (Fido Ebbon)of the king to try and get information
5. Scale the wall and try to listen in on the discussion between the king and Ivic

My Wattpad account!
Contrast
Necrotic Neurotic

Post by Contrast »

[Is it night or day? Since this is a stealth mission, I feel that the hour would play an important part in my decision.

Also, how much narration are the players expected to write? In a case like this, where I'm given a set of choices, should I simply pick one and let the DM write what happens next, or am I expected to write an infiltration scene myself?]
rusted hydra
Cannibal

Post by rusted hydra »

[Also if he does pick say: me. do I have freedom to write whatever? and/or should I pm the gm to collect some hidden info to spice up/guide my post?]
Raven Song
Stealer of Time
Species: Shapeshifting Anubian
Region: Other

Post by Raven Song »

My character summary example:
Name: Magpie
Species: Angel Dragon
Class: Mage
Weapon: Voodoo Magic
Personality: Suspiciously friendly and adorable. likes food. likes to help people who scratch behind her ears. cooks snake stew well. likes food. enjoys music and dancing even though she cant sing the songs. did i mention she likes food.
Allegiance: where ever the ear scratches may lie... but pretty much good.
Background: She doesnt actually speak... only squeaks and purrs and rolls around on the floor like an idiot. this is all a ruse!!! secretly she understands the most ancient of languages and her command of voodoo magic was passed down to her from her mom.
Magpie enjoys raising armies of undead swamp creatures then getting them to perform line dancing and mardi gras parades.
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist. Pablo Picasso
Dyhan

Post by Dyhan »

Contrast wrote:[Is it night or day? Since this is a stealth mission, I feel that the hour would play an important part in my decision.

Also, how much narration are the players expected to write? In a case like this, where I'm given a set of choices, should I simply pick one and let the DM write what happens next, or am I expected to write an infiltration scene myself?]
[The meeting happens about an hour before dusk. As for writing your own narrative you can if you want but for choices like this I've already thought of the result but I don't mind if you do write your own just try leaving it open ended so I can pick up from it(also pm me details you want me to know from your narrative that you may want me to include) Although I will include open ended story choices like: while traveling on a peaceful part of your route the group began discussing... In a case like this the players write their own narrative for a while so they can include their ideas into the story]
Sakul Ebbon wrote:[Also if he does pick say: me. do I have freedom to write whatever? and/or should I pm the gm to collect some hidden info to spice up/guide my post?]
[Like I said above if you want to write your own interpretation when you have the choice you can and if you want to, lets say: you make your choice on the thread, then PM the dm to collect information and results of your choice and then your own narrative then that's fine. I will PM hidden details to anyone who should know them]

My Wattpad account!
rusted hydra
Cannibal

Post by rusted hydra »

Dyhan wrote:The meeting happens about an hour before dusk.
[ fuck that's late in summer, I'd already be home]
Contrast
Necrotic Neurotic

Post by Contrast »

[I choose option number five.]
Dyhan wrote:
5. Scale the wall and try to listen in on the discussion between the king and Ivic
[I think I'll do a little bit of writing, but I'll only go as far as starting my attempt, since the consequences of my choice will be up to the DM.]

---------------------------------------------------------------

The day was too bright, even at this late hour... always too bright. Even the stones at his feet were too bright, reflecting the last rays of the dying sun into his eyes.

But the shadows were long, and they would serve him well.

Contrast quickly made his way through the crowded streets, keeping his head down and his face covered. The market was full of farmers and bakers and butchers peddling their wares, praising the quality of their own work to anyone who would listen.

"Apples! Best apples in all the land! Ripe and juicy, bursting with flavour!" An overzealous merchant shoved a bright red apple in Contrast's face before he could hurry past. "Care for an apple, sir? Only two Silvers for one! Nine for five! What do you say?"

Contrast looked up, ever so slightly, just far enough for his gleaming black-ringed eyes to meet those of this peddler. "What would I want with a rotten apple?"

"Rotten!? These are the finest apples in all the - By the Gods!" The merchant pulled his hand back, staring in horror as the apple slowly oozed between his shaking fingers, grey and mouldy, dripping a vile yellow liquid like puss in an open wound. He threw it to the ground with a wet plop and wiped his hand on his trousers, gagging on the foul odour. "I'm so dreadfully sorry, Sir!" he stammered. "I don't know how that one got among the others! How about a free- Sir? Sir, where did you go? Sir?"

Contrast had already disappeared into the jostling crowd. People would shiver as they bumped into him, not realizing that the cold they felt wasn't a result of the oncoming night, but of his touch.

It didn't take him long to reach the eastern castle wall. They were tall and strong, the protectors of many generations of Kings and Queens, but they had a weakness.

The guards did not expect entry by any way other than the portcullis.

Contrast stood right up against the wall, deep in its shadow, and when he was absolutely sure no one was looking, he whispered: "Parum Luceat."

The shadows wrapped themselves around his body, making him dim to the eyes of those not trained in the magical arts. This spell didn't work in the light, but at this hour the entire eastern half of the castle was bathed in darkness. It should prove more than sufficient.

Contrast dug his claws into the masonry and ascended the wall, crawling up its sheer vertical face like a spider.

Soon... Soon he would have the answers he's been seeking. And if anyone got in his way, well...

He still had a few tricks up his sleeve.
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

Contrast wrote:I think I'll do a little bit of writing
---------------------------------------------------------------
<Wall of Text>
:roll:
Contrast
Necrotic Neurotic

Post by Contrast »

[It's only 453 words! That's not a wall, that's not even a page! If I really went all novelist up in 'ere I'd fill a post with 2000 words easy! Go all lit'ry up on yo asses! Harumph!]
[*Grumble grumble*] >_>
Raven Song
Stealer of Time
Species: Shapeshifting Anubian
Region: Other

Post by Raven Song »

Contrast wrote:[It's only 453 words! That's not a wall, that's not even a page! If I really went all novelist up in 'ere I'd fill a post with 2000 words easy! Go all lit'ry up on yo asses! Harumph!]
[*Grumble grumble*] >_>
a writers gotta do what a writers gotta do.
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist. Pablo Picasso