The tower of Jaz Ka'tef

Come in, relax, play with your friends! You can find something for everybody here. You can even find threads with no particular point at all, other than a good time! You can even start up some role playing.
Kalium_Puceon
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Duiker!
Region: Western Cape
Mastodon: pleroma.site/kalium

Re: The tower of Jaz Ka'tef

Post by Kalium_Puceon »

"Wait, How will thesse ringss sstop uss from going apart? Will we stop, no matter where we be, or be dissintegrated or what?" He flicks his tail around, showing a small steel band, almost blended into his fur. "Will I have to take thiss one off, it'ss my Glowing Gass Manipulator Ring... It lets me glow..." He shuffles his feet, and looks down at his boots.
"You never get over the desire to do stupid things. You simply have to overrule your stupid urges with an acquired sense of fear."
-Dr. Richard Weisiger

Contact Me!
My Github! | My Twitter! | My Tumblr | Hit me up as Kalium on foonetic IRC!
jacojerb
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: bunny/fox
Region: Gauteng

Post by jacojerb »

Ignore this, accedentally posted it (stupid phone)
Last edited by jacojerb on Wed May 08, 2013 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mew?
jacojerb

Post by jacojerb »

"well, if the documentation is correct, these rings arent lethal. They were actually made for prisoners, to keep them together, and to keep them from running away. Think of it as a more convinient form of the old chain-around-the-ancle. Fortunately, they very soon decided not to use them, as they believed the prisoners didnt deserve the convinience, and also, the fact that one gaurd had to wear one, so the prisoners dont just give each other consent to take it off, also caused a lot of problems on its own."

"They do, however, use the wearers energy to keep them together. But that shouldnt be a problem as long as you dont constantly keep trying to pull on it. It has once happened, aparently, that a prisoner wearing one tried to escape by jumping out of a tower. He was kept floating 20m under the bridge of the tower, at the cost of his energy, and very soon died"

"It also counters teleportation, unless it's for the whole group. Which, as you may have noticed, isn't JJ's speciality as well. So, early warning, don't expect him to be too useful.

"yea, sorry guys" JJ mumbles. "I'm still great at navigation, and can easilly move stuff around, and can easilly stay alive in fights, but I'll leave the killing things to you guys"
Mew?
Kalium_Puceon

Post by Kalium_Puceon »

"well, no falling off towerss then." He mutters "Does anyone elssse know of this little adventure? I'd hate to have to encounter unwanted Company..."
"You never get over the desire to do stupid things. You simply have to overrule your stupid urges with an acquired sense of fear."
-Dr. Richard Weisiger

Contact Me!
rusted hydra
Cannibal

Post by rusted hydra »

''no one on my side will be bothering us''

*takes one of the rings*

''so basically the reason the others died was because you ran away? I do hope for your sake these rings don't backfire''
Kalium_Puceon

Post by Kalium_Puceon »

"If you sstart running away, You won't get very far!" A small throwing knife flies from his shoulder to his left paw "But hopefully we won't be needing thiss then"
The seemingly endless supply of hot chocolate being drawn into the wolf's throat seems to be being replaced by more and more marshmallows.
"Well, If we're hunting for free treasure, somone else will be after it... Any clues as to who?"
-Dr. Richard Weisiger

Contact Me!
jacojerb

Post by jacojerb »

"I do know of a few other expeditions on the tower, but noone worth worrying about. To most, the tower is just something left for the history books. *JJ sighs* I think some of the people who originally destroyed it knows of the basements, but seeing as everyone wanted that tower down, heroes and villians, we could expect anything from the royal assasins to the great th'ala clan. But, seeing as it requires a truely skilled teleporter to jusr get in, expect little to no company from the outside"

"there is, however, terrible things down there. A lot of the towers security is still active down there, as well as mutations due to the methods the tower used to gathwr magic. Leaving that unregulated for hundreds of years was no doubt a terrible move"

"so basically we'll be walking into a warzone between mutants and the towers automated security. But if we can move without picking any fights, that would be good"
Mew?
rusted hydra
Cannibal

Post by rusted hydra »

'Well I guess we better get properly prepared then. I'm ready now, can't really improve on my own setup. Unless I can be provided with some bottles, needles, sulfur, oil, and a lot of spare flesh'
Kalium_Puceon

Post by Kalium_Puceon »

"I'll be keeping my flessh, thank you very much!"
He looks around, hoping that there's some food not made of sugar in this room
"Ssourdough Bread!" he cries, and tackles the stack of loaves.
After cleaning up, and regaining composure, he starts sharpening his throwing knives
"Might as well be ready, but JJ, you're still leading"
-Dr. Richard Weisiger

Contact Me!
Helios_phi
The depraved

Post by Helios_phi »

A bolt of thunder rings across the clouds and down from the heavens. It collides with the earth in a ground shaking shock wave. Throwing open the flimsy doors of the wooden cabin as if they were paper pages being ripped from the spine of a book. Sparks of static danced across the walls as the intense white hot light begins to fade. Alone outside the doors of the cabin hidden in the shadows created by the light and spark is a man wearing a cowl so red it appears to be made of dried blood.

A voice booms out. Loud, Reverberating, Almost as if the words are coming from inside your own head.

"YOUR QUEST WILL NOT SUCCEED. THE CURSE IS UNBREAKABLE"

The air begins to rush forward out of the cabin with the strange blinding light riding on it. As if the lightning were being sucked back up into the sky by Thor's own will. In the clap of the flash there is a loud ringing and as your eyes adjust to where the man was standing all that's left, is a strange feeling of hollow emptyness
[REDACTED]
Kalium_Puceon

Post by Kalium_Puceon »

"Well... Who in the yiff was that guy!? and what's this about a curse?"
The wolf stares at the spot, rubbing his eyes. "Dammit, I hate lightning"
-Dr. Richard Weisiger

Contact Me!
jacojerb

Post by jacojerb »

(sowy guys, seem to have forgotten about this... Felt kinda depressed the last while, and typing a lot on my phone is hard, as you cant scroll down :'( )

Seeing the worried faces of his party, JJ quickly reasures them:"oh, dont mind steve, he's always pranking me like this" , before twitching, turning around and cursing something to himself. Looking around, he notices a bunch of not-convinced faces. "c-curse you, Steve! How dare you, umm, do this to me, umm, again", he shouts out loud, more trying to impress everyone else than actually cursing "Steve".

He looks around a bit more, still just seeing puzzled faces. He sighs "okay, I'm gonna, umm, prepare the portal. So nobody bother me, unless you want to end up in some lake again..."
he trods off, takes a cup off coffee and exits to the arena, which is supposed to help all types of magic (hopefully making JJ's long-range teleport more acurate)
Mew?
Kalium_Puceon

Post by Kalium_Puceon »

Kalium looks at Sink " is Ssteve here related to Thor or ssomething, causse that did NOT sseem like a ssimple prank"
-Dr. Richard Weisiger

Contact Me!
rusted hydra
Cannibal

Post by rusted hydra »

Sink checks the magic residue from the display ''Seems to me like someone who wasted alot of mana. I've hunted quite a few people who try to imitate gods. Were still going.''

turns to JJ and the host.

"you know of anyone with a grudge against your operations?'' he asks with curiosity.
jacojerb

Post by jacojerb »

As JJ was already away, the mysterious host answers on his own "well, not everyone is our friend, I can asure you that. Though I cant say that too many people would have a "grudge" against us. JJ has been known to piss people off, but I have no clue who would put on that lightning show for us... Whoever "Steve" is... Well, right now I'm glad I'm not the one going on this expedition. Now, go along, as I've sayd before, make yourselves at home. Tomorrow you'll be on your way to the tower, in all its "glory"."
Mew?
Kalium_Puceon

Post by Kalium_Puceon »

"by glory, I trusst you mean a half arssed ruin"
-Dr. Richard Weisiger

Contact Me!
jacojerb

Post by jacojerb »

"Well, it isnt exactly in a great shape, seeing as it has been, well, destroyed and whatnot."
Mew?
Kalium_Puceon

Post by Kalium_Puceon »

"Ah. Iss that portal going to be ready today?"
-Dr. Richard Weisiger

Contact Me!
jacojerb

Post by jacojerb »

"I, umm, believe I sayd tomorrow... Feel free to go to bed, or do whatever, I guess" (seriously, now would be a great time for some mischief)
Mew?
Kalium_Puceon

Post by Kalium_Puceon »

"Well, Let'ss see what the old QI Guy keepss in his food cupboard *snickers wildly* ooh, ssnikerss!"
-Dr. Richard Weisiger

Contact Me!
jacojerb

Post by jacojerb »

Asuming you all are peacefully asleep, JJ works on the portal until early morning, fueled by the infinite coffee mashine. The host waked the party up at 4AM, and drags them to the portal
Mew?
Kalium_Puceon

Post by Kalium_Puceon »

While being dragged, the wolf grabs hold of a large pot of espresso. This end's with a bouncy wolf and a mess of espresso covering the floor. Fortunately, none lands in the circle of Teleporting, SO Apart from a buzzing wolf, the group won't be too delayed "Thaaatt waaass" greeeaaat coffee, Riight?" says kalium, bouncing
-Dr. Richard Weisiger

Contact Me!
rusted hydra
Cannibal

Post by rusted hydra »

''morning all.''
*once more he takes a small stone with a rune on it and hides it in the room*

''I hope were all ready for our quest.''
Kalium_Puceon

Post by Kalium_Puceon »

Kalium bounces along in his caffeine-induced stupor. Stopping within the ring, he slows down enough to shout "PREPARE THE JUMP TO LIGHT-SPEED" before crasching and standing still
-Dr. Richard Weisiger

Contact Me!
jacojerb

Post by jacojerb »

"I believe we are" says JJ, twitching a bit. You think it may be your imagination, but he looks like he's quickly vibrating. "this portal should take us to the tower. Or a few hundred meters from it. Dont really want to take us closer... People camping there..."
this time, instead of just passing out in the portal, JJ teleports behind Sink and pushes him in. Even if you had a reason to resist, his actions are so fast that by the time you notice whats going on, the teleporters stone is already broken, sending the party to their location. Just how many coffees did he have?

Upon arival (which was luckally this time safely on the ground) you see the ruins of the tower. It looks like a whole city worth of stone. What else would you really expect from an infinitely high tower? Unfortunately, you also see some... Interesting characters using these ruins as a city. Still hyperactive from the caffiene, you see JJ doing short-ranged teleports nearer and nearer to the tower, simply shouting: "this way!" every hundred feet or so
Mew?
Kalium_Puceon

Post by Kalium_Puceon »

The strange group approaches the ruins. Looking out over the hill , Kalium sees a platform with a man casting bolts of lightning and fire. "Ssteve?" Asks Kalium, Noticing the Prankster from earlier.
-Dr. Richard Weisiger

Contact Me!
rusted hydra
Cannibal

Post by rusted hydra »

"Hmm... Seems he is pretty occupied with smighting. We could make sure he doesn't bother us in future, a curse will certainly do the trick. But the delivery method is a question..." saying the last sentence while staring at JJ.

"Your still buzzing with caffeine right?"
Kalium_Puceon

Post by Kalium_Puceon »

"Why doess thiss sseem like a great and terrible Idea all at once" Mutters an uncertain Kalium. Looking at the crest where Steve stood, He spotted a box of fireworks and some apple pies. "I think I could Proudcce a ssuitab;e disstraction for thiss to work."
-Dr. Richard Weisiger

Contact Me!
jacojerb

Post by jacojerb »

As Kalium and Sink looks back, they notice a sleeping JJ on the floor... The caffiene must've worn off
Mew?
Kalium_Puceon

Post by Kalium_Puceon »

"Sso much for that Idea. Got anything Elsse we can try aginsst thiss idiot"
-Dr. Richard Weisiger

Contact Me!