Criticise the person above you

Come in, relax, play with your friends! You can find something for everybody here. You can even find threads with no particular point at all, other than a good time! You can even start up some role playing.
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Criticise the person above you

Post by Leeward »

This isn't me being otherwise again, this is just something that occurred to me while reading the complementary "compliment the person above you" thread.

I figured we could use a place we can liberally call out each other's flaws in a humorous way. In other words, don't dish it out if you can't take it, and take it with a pinch of salt. We might learn something about ourselves in the process, and even use it to better ourselves.

That said, I know this is a little risky, so let me put down some ground rules:
  • Don't be cruel just for the sake of bashing someone you don't like.
  • Don't use this as an opportunity to air your dirty laundry.
  • Keep it to one statement per post, which has to be true, evident to everyone else, and preferably funny.
  • You may not reply within less than two posts after your last, i.e. you may not retaliate immediately after being criticised.
  • Don't take it too seriously, it's just a game, and it's supposed to be fun.
Sev
Superbike Snow Leopard
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: Snow Leopard
Region: Western Cape

Re: Criticise the person above you

Post by Sev »

Not so much applicable now - thank gods - but at one point the whole "I'm so useless at my job and everyone hates me" was really starting to grate. Especially considering that, as I kept telling you, it was completely unfounded.

I know that your mother ruined your childhood, but don't let her ruin your future as well...
Galahad
Region: Gauteng

Post by Galahad »

Calling it now: this thread is likely not going to end well. :P
Let's hope I am proven wrong.

To remain on topic...

Sev, you glorious snep. Despite your glory, you are occasionally difficult to converse with because of the awkward silences. ;)
Animew
Banter kitty
Species: Animu cat

Post by Animew »

Galahad wrote:Calling it now: this thread is likely not going to end well.
yea... it’s going to end in inactivity. Owo\
Leeward wrote:You may not reply within less than two posts after your last, i.e. you may not retaliate immediately after being criticised.
<w< totes killed it right there Lee.

and as for YOU Gala-had! you... um... Owo\ you're too perfect? i duno... i'd have to give this some thought... i suppose, you try to overly intellectualize your arguments when debating against a superior point in an attempt to throw people off, but instead come across as incapable of expressing your point in vernacular.

Ow< your move cowgirl, psycho-anal-lies me if you can.
Duck face? i thought they were all just making fart noises when posing for pictures...
Sev
Superbike Snow Leopard

Post by Sev »

You play dumb when you couldn't be further from that.

Why?
jacojerb
Species: bunny/fox

Post by jacojerb »

Sev, I've always felt that you're a bit cold. I don't know if it's just to me, or if it's to everyone (Or maybe I'm just imagining it?), but it always felt like you're not very welcoming. Wish I could meet you irl, see if that's any different
Mew?
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

Jaco, to me at least you tend to come across as a militant fence-sitter, to the extent that you'll avoid having an opinion just for the sake of trying to keep the peace. Are you afraid of conflict or something?
Animew
Banter kitty

Post by Animew »

射まだ! Mrs moo, it has always kind of occurred to me that you seem quite judgmental and opinionated about others despite explicitly saying otherwise. i might be wrong and it could just be how women are in general but it stood out to me and at first i got the impression that you were deeply religious.
Sev wrote:You play dumb when you couldn't be further from that.

Why?
perhaps due to my parents always expecting me to keep up to their level of intellect despite their advanced education and the constant competition between me and my siblings for the favor of our parents, i have developed a deep fear of disappointing people and not living up to expectations. if people don’t expect much from you, you can’t disappoint them.

<w< either that or i'm actually really stupid and i just say something smart every now and then to keep you guys guessing. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ according to occam's razor, it’s the latter so stop listening to Lee's Lies about me lol.
Duck face? i thought they were all just making fart noises when posing for pictures...
Cape_F0X
Light-footed
Sexual preference: Straight
Species: Vulpes chama

Post by Cape_F0X »

You're GREEN, and not in the good for the planet way, WHY?! Mammals aren't supposed to be green.
Sev
Superbike Snow Leopard

Post by Sev »

Are you just completely and utterly incapable of being serious?

I know which sub forum this thread is on, but I don't think that it's supposed to be treated as a joke.
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

But on the other extreme, there's you taking literally everything literally. :P
Adagio
Warm Hearted
Sexual preference: Other

Post by Adagio »

Lee...
I sometimes wonder where you went. You don't seem to be the same person I remember when you joined. You used to be so positive and helpful.
I mean you still are. Yeah. But somewhere along the lines you seemed to have lost your passion for it.
Shit happens. I get it.
If you are too nice. People tend to use you as a rug.
But you shouldn't let that change you...
Cape_F0X
Light-footed
Sexual preference: Straight
Species: Vulpes chama

Post by Cape_F0X »

The thing that drives me up the wall about you Adagio is your current location. What are you doing there?! That and the times you sound like a fortune cookie.
jacojerb
Species: bunny/fox

Post by jacojerb »

(Not part of the game, just wanted to reply to this:
Leeward wrote:Jaco, to me at least you tend to come across as a militant fence-sitter, to the extent that you'll avoid having an opinion just for the sake of trying to keep the peace. Are you afraid of conflict or something?

This is honestly a problem I am very aware of and am working on. I do truly hate conflict, and will just do what it takes to avoid conflict in any situation, even if it may lead to worse conflict later on... If nothing else, I'm a lot better at this than I used to be. I still hate conflict, but realize that conflict can be an okay thing sometimes)
Mew?
Adagio
Warm Hearted
Sexual preference: Other

Post by Adagio »

Cape_F0X wrote:The thing that drives me up the wall about you Adagio is your current location. What are you doing there?! That and the times you sound like a fortune cookie.
Cape... Your sense of humor can sometimes dry oceans... :lol:
I actually really wanna hear serious opinions... So... Consider this an undo?
Sev
Superbike Snow Leopard

Post by Sev »

Adagio, you are caring and selfless to a fault.

As admirable as that is, you are going to end up being badly hurt one day. Sometimes, you just need to look out for yourself first.

And, please, you guys, when I make a post, I expect the response to actually be cutting.

There are a billion things that you could criticize about me; let's not pussy foot around.
CyntheWightRabbit

Post by CyntheWightRabbit »

Oh bless you Lee. ;3

Since I don't really know you all that well, Sev. (Nor do I really care to be Frank Sinatra.) I'll just reference something that I came across recently (well last week sometime) when I was reading the posts I missed.

On one hand you literally had been in your second(?) nearly life threatening accident. On the other, you were saying how you wished you had a special licence that could make you have a higher speed limit on roads so you can vroom-vroom faster on your special bike. AND then you still wanted to get some sort of sympathy from us because of how bad/boring/whatever the recovery was going??? I mean, sure be an adrenaline junky all you want but natural selection much?? It's like me shooting myself in the foot and asking people to feel bad for me cause it hurts. Lol.

You're supposedly smart but...??
Sarcasm in the lowest form of wit.
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

Cyn, I could be completely wrong but I always get the impression that you think you're better than everyone else.

I gotta say, this is going a lot better than I expected.
Sev wrote:the whole "I'm so useless at my job and everyone hates me" was really starting to grate. Especially considering that, as I kept telling you, it was completely unfounded.
I have confidence issues and I vent them to my best friend, sue me.
Animew wrote:射まだ! Mrs moo, it has always kind of occurred to me that you seem quite judgmental and opinionated about others despite explicitly saying otherwise. i might be wrong and it could just be how women are in general but it stood out to me
Judgemental I may be, but I like to think I'm not prejudiced because of it. Perhaps I'm using the wrong word... when I said I'm not judgemental I meant I don't value people based on their identity or preferences but on the quality of their character. In other words, I'm not homophobic or racist or whatever, and if someone is into weird stuff I'm not going to think less of them for it, but that doesn't mean I have to agree either. Maybe "tolerant" is more appropriate?
at first i got the impression that you were deeply religious.
That actually got a literal giggle out of me. I don't even believe in luck, let alone anything divine or supernatural.
Adagio wrote:I sometimes wonder where you went. You don't seem to be the same person I remember when you joined. You used to be so positive and helpful.
I mean you still are. Yeah. But somewhere along the lines you seemed to have lost your passion for it.
In a lot of ways I guess I have changed, but not only because of getting burnt because I was too nice. I lost my passion for a lot of things. I'm still in the process of understanding why.
CyntheWightRabbit

Post by CyntheWightRabbit »

Ignore this you peasants! It does not qualify as part of the chain, obviously...

;3
Leeward wrote:Cyn, I could be completely wrong but I always get the impression that you think you're better than everyone else.
Hmm. How very interesting. But that does beg the question, are the really such things as 'wrong impressions?' I mean, clearly I'm doing something to allude to such thoughts, whether they are true or not. It is enlightening to say the least.
Sarcasm in the lowest form of wit.
Sev
Superbike Snow Leopard

Post by Sev »

Cyn, it's impossible to tell your satire from your normal manner of speaking - that's how unpleasant it is to interact with you.

I don't think that I have ever heard anyone mention you in a positive light. How about this: make a post on Compliment the Fur Above You, and see what happens.

Also, that's not what "begging the question" means.
Galahad

Post by Galahad »

Oh, Sev. :P
Sev wrote: I know which sub forum this thread is on, but I don't think that it's supposed to be treated as a joke.
Yet the first post states:
Senorita Sirloin the Superlative wrote: Keep it to one statement per post, which has to be true, evident to everyone else, and preferably funny.
Don't take it too seriously, it's just a game, and it's supposed to be fun.
My criticism? Lighten up. ;)
Sev
Superbike Snow Leopard

Post by Sev »

Something can be funny without it being a joke. Cape's posts fall into the latter while still failing at the former.
Ryall
Spotted Scallywag
Species: Hyena

Post by Ryall »

Geez Sev, don't get your panties in a bunch. :P

Okay so I take it this is Galahad's turn? Alright.

Galahad, you're so self-righteous I bet you call your piss holy water. ;)
Hahaha! :lol:
Animew
Banter kitty

Post by Animew »

hmm hyena man... what can i say... i personally find the way you try to stab at a person’s feels as deep as you can and then trying to pass it off as a joke, really lousy and downright cowardly. by trying to hide your sadistic streak instead of being open about it and accepting the consequences you tarnish your own sense of honor and this offends me... it offends me quite deeply... OwO in fact it offends me so very deeply that i seethe at the very thought... it’s like one of those small dogs that wait for you to turn your back before they nip at your heels... i can quite honestly say if i were to ever meet you in person i'd likely start foaming at the mouth and attack you in a blind rage. but on the bright side i guess this makes you a gifted troll.
Ryall
Spotted Scallywag

Post by Ryall »

*pat pat* Thanks for the love letter Animew, but you pretty much broke all the rules of this game:
Leeward wrote:...some ground rules:
  • Don't be cruel just for the sake of bashing someone you don't like.
  • Don't use this as an opportunity to air your dirty laundry.
  • Keep it to one statement per post, which has to be true, evident to everyone else, and preferably funny.
  • You may not reply within less than two posts after your last, i.e. you may not retaliate immediately after being criticised.
  • Don't take it too seriously, it's just a game, and it's supposed to be fun.
You're so stupid. :lol:

#notpartofthechain
Sev
Superbike Snow Leopard

Post by Sev »

Yeah, honestly, all of the ranting just weakened his argument.

Since you feel that his post is invalid:

Ryall, it really does feel these days that the only way to engage with you on anything resembling a regular basis is to play the games that you like with you, when it suits you.

I get that you're busy, but is it really that difficult to say "hi" every now and then?

As much as I used to enjoy our friendship, it really just feels so extremely one sided these days, that I have stopped trying to keep it alive. Which is a great shame, IMHO.
Ryall
Spotted Scallywag

Post by Ryall »

Sev, you are also breaking the rules, and you were supposed to respond to Animew , not me. I even said '#notpartofthechain.' ._.

Don't air your dirty laundry here.
Last edited by Ryall on Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sev
Superbike Snow Leopard

Post by Sev »

Ryall wrote:Geez Sev, don't get your panties in a bunch. :P

Okay so I take it this is Galahad's turn? Alright.

Galahad, you're so self-righteous I bet you call your piss holy water. ;)
You already did, you Mangy Cat-Dog.

And that was a perfectly valid criticism.
Galahad

Post by Galahad »

I am supposed to be asleep, but checked the forum. And couldn't resist.
TheOldWolf
Species: Wolf

Post by TheOldWolf »

-criticizes Galahad-

Actually - I don't have much to say, come to think of it.

But my gods man the puns (they're great I love them, mostly) but do they ever staph?

(Sorry Gally-ChikenRaptor; you're the only person I know well enough to poke fun at.)
Exit light, enter night. My fluffy underbelly is the sky.