Another small gem from the internet

Come in, relax, play with your friends! You can find something for everybody here. You can even find threads with no particular point at all, other than a good time! You can even start up some role playing.
Neon
Species: Huskeh
Region: Other

Another small gem from the internet

Post by Neon »

I had just so happened to stumble along another joke item for sale on Amazon (god there's so many of them these days), but this one was actually worth reading through. Especially all the user reviews. Blows your mind that some people would buy something like this.

AudioQuest Diamond 16m (52.49 feet) Braided HDMI Cable
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Re: Another small gem from the internet

Post by Leeward »

I might come off as stupid asking this but... apart from the price, how is the product a joke?
jacojerb
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: bunny/fox
Region: Gauteng

Post by jacojerb »

& FREE Shipping
& FREE Shipping
grfsgrd.png (2.34 KiB) Viewed 1043 times
Mew?
Adagio
Warm Hearted
Sexual preference: Other
Species: Snow Leopard

Post by Adagio »

If I may...
I decided to pull the trigger and purchase this cable because my Samsung 85 inch 4k HD 3D TV ($40,000 if you are curious, fantastic TV, only had to re-finance my house 4 times and sell a kidne. I only need one so why not right?) just wasn't getting the best with its supplied cable.
When the product arrived, which it did so in a timely manner (2 days 4 hours 26 minutes 41 seconds) I was surprised at how superb the packaging was. When I released it from its restraints I gently plugged the cable into the required ports.
This is where I was amazed. The picture looked better(Over 15M? Ok... Maybe a little?) than it had before which was already fantastic. Now I could literally touch the characters and feel their pain and happiness in movies (this became a problem in several war movies as my wife took 3 rounds to the chest and in the arm, don't worry she is in ICU being patched up). The audio sounded like that of a cascading waterfall while an ocestral symphany played Beethoven's 7th. I shed tears just thinking about it.
Now the reason I am giving it an average 3 stars is because of one major issue that may be ,to others, a deal breaker. After 2 weeks of enjoyment the Samsung TV I mentioned earlier and my blue ray player both absorbed the power of this cable to the extent they transformed into fighting robots and have destroyed my beloved house. I am now living in my parents house and lost all my possessions.
So... You still curious Lee?
Valerion
Alpha Wolf
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: Werewolf

Post by Valerion »

Adagio wrote:If I may...

<SNIP>

So... You still curious Lee?
Often the comments make fun of certain items, granted. However, that doesn't make the item a joke item - someone seriously wants to sell it (or so you have to assume).
Raven Song
Stealer of Time
Sexual preference: Other
Species: Shapeshifting Anubian
Region: Other

Post by Raven Song »

I like the answers to the questions...

will this bring about peace in the middle east...

yes, in sweet hi-definition :P
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist. Pablo Picasso