Stuff that you think only you do.

Come in, relax, play with your friends! You can find something for everybody here. You can even find threads with no particular point at all, other than a good time! You can even start up some role playing.
Sev
Superbike Snow Leopard
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: Snow Leopard
Region: Western Cape

Re: Stuff that you think only you do.

Post by Sev »

Ah, I see. So it was not an intentional attempt to destroy a hard drive.
KinkInZA
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Liger

Post by KinkInZA »

the old Hard drives you could throw out an airplane and they still worked but don't know about new ones though .bahg I have to talk to my PC too think its time for a new setup frigging thing just dies on me while I'm typing then retype it again.
“All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake up in the day to find it was vanity, but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.”
T.E. Lawrence
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy
Species: Growlithe (pokemon)
Region: Other

Post by Rakuen Growlithe »

Inpw wrote:
KinkInZA wrote:talking to things wen they don't wanna work sometimes even begging machines to start working again most of the times it works and like magic the stuff comes right by themselves again
Ever thrown a hard drive so hard against the wall it literally sounds like the components inside is shattered then plug it in to check if it works?
"Maybe now it will work."
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~
Sev
Superbike Snow Leopard
Species: Snow Leopard
Region: Western Cape

Post by Sev »

It's called repair by overkill.
Ivic_Wulfe
Viridis Spes Vulupe
Sexual preference: Other
Species: Green Folf
Region: Gauteng

Post by Ivic_Wulfe »

Sometimes I review a post on zafur so many times that I edit the nit picky bits up to three to four times without anyone noticing.

Goodness knows why I don't do it before I send it. Somehow I don't see it until I'm done and "happy with it"
AND THEN THE CAGE COMES DOWN! The cage with the Japanese fighting spiders inside, your mother strikes a match off her forearm and tells you to dance in the front room for money... - Dylan Moran
cuddlewolf
Species: Ragnifer-tarandus

Post by cuddlewolf »

So this is a bit weird but I like to eat peanutbutter with cheese and mayo on bread.
excitablepuppeh :) :)
Helios_phi
The depraved

Post by Helios_phi »

Hmm. The mayo tips the scale on that one. When I was 16, I drunkenly discovered the magic that is peanut butter and cheese spread on toast. Much experimentation in later years yielded the knowledge that the best combination is Melrose cheddar with skippy
[REDACTED]
Ivic_Wulfe
Viridis Spes Vulupe

Post by Ivic_Wulfe »

On the topic of sandwiches - chutney, peanut butter and ice cream on toast
AND THEN THE CAGE COMES DOWN! The cage with the Japanese fighting spiders inside, your mother strikes a match off her forearm and tells you to dance in the front room for money... - Dylan Moran
Raven Song
Stealer of Time
Species: Shapeshifting Anubian

Post by Raven Song »

I often get sharp shooting pains in certain areas around my abdomen. they've been checked out by a doc and there's nothing unusual to report... but I still get them. when i get them i literally force myself to move through pain. i do this with any and all pain/ailment.

why i think this is unique? because most girls i know of who have pain anywhere near their abdomen are incapacitated for a few days... I purposefully choose to ignore it.

i do that with all pains by the way... like going for a jog when i have acid reflux, driving home when half my foot was an open wound from my horse standing on it... i have a hairline split in my pelvic seat from a horse riding injury, i got back on my horse and jumped for another 20 minutes after it...
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist. Pablo Picasso
KinkInZA

Post by KinkInZA »

Ravensong wrote:I often get sharp shooting pains in certain areas around my abdomen. they've been checked out by a doc and there's nothing unusual to report.
Sounds familiar to what happens to me. Is it possible you got any back problems as it sounds more like nerves pinching giving you feelings of pain when there is in fact nothing wrong .
I got no back problems but due to the high volume of additional nerve endings in my spine do they pinch frequently though.
“All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake up in the day to find it was vanity, but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.”
T.E. Lawrence
Raven Song
Stealer of Time

Post by Raven Song »

I'm a ginger, I have twice as many nerve endings in my body as normal people (it's part of the mutation that causes our hair to go red)... so i feel pain differently to other people... including feeling it where it doesn't exist...

it's usually remedied by chocolate...
rusted hydra
Cannibal

Post by rusted hydra »

Ravensong wrote:it's usually remedied by chocolate...
everything is remedied by chocolate
except aids
and cancer
Helios_phi
The depraved

Post by Helios_phi »

Ravensong wrote:I'm a ginger, I have twice as many nerve endings in my body as normal people (it's part of the mutation that causes our hair to go red)...
I've read that it's all the nerve endings that take up all the space where the soul would normally go. :P :lol: :lol: :lol:
[REDACTED]
Raven Song
Stealer of Time

Post by Raven Song »

Helios_phi wrote:
Ravensong wrote:I'm a ginger, I have twice as many nerve endings in my body as normal people (it's part of the mutation that causes our hair to go red)...
I've read that it's all the nerve endings that take up all the space where the soul would normally go. :P :lol: :lol: :lol:
that is most likely true... which is why I have to devour souls in order to survive...
KinkInZA

Post by KinkInZA »

Ravensong wrote:I'm a ginger, I have twice as many nerve endings in my body as normal people (it's part of the mutation that causes our hair to go red)... so i feel pain differently to other people... including feeling it where it doesn't exist...
I suspected as much
T.E. Lawrence
Raven Song
Stealer of Time

Post by Raven Song »

When I drive, walk around or even shop I like to imagine myself and my friends in fursuits or whatever making YouTube videos...

to the point that I talk to them in the shop...

it scares people...
Ivic_Wulfe
Viridis Spes Vulupe

Post by Ivic_Wulfe »

I lean on anything available for leaning.
Asbjorn-phoenix
Papa Bear
Species: FireBear - Bear Phoenix hybrid

Post by Asbjorn-phoenix »

I wake the downstairs neighbours up at 5:30am with my housemate doing home gym sessions :P
If you've done nothing wrong you have nothing to fear,
if you've something to hide you shouldn't be here.
Ivic_Wulfe
Viridis Spes Vulupe

Post by Ivic_Wulfe »

Asbjorn-phoenix wrote:I wake the downstairs neighbours up at 5:30am with my housemate doing home gym sessions :P
I swear we didn't wake them. And again we have the neighbours above us who "hammer" every other evening and about 5-6 times on the weekend days.

I understand the implications of this reply there is literally no other kind of explanation for it. We think it's just housework...but at 11:30 in the evening?
Raven Song
Stealer of Time

Post by Raven Song »

My friends upstairs neighbours used to "Move Furniture" at three am. they moved that bed alright...
cuddlewolf
Species: Ragnifer-tarandus

Post by cuddlewolf »

Ravensong wrote:My friends upstairs neighbours used to "Move Furniture" at three am. they moved that bed alright...
Lol it's quite awkward when that happens.

Sometimes I have a entire conversation with myself.
excitablepuppeh :) :)
Raven Song
Stealer of Time

Post by Raven Song »

last night while driving home from my dads i had an entire scene in my mind, including me shouting above the music in my car, as if i was a bartender at Hard Rock Cafe, and I was serving clients (those actions weren't done cuz i was driving, but the talking was there).

it was awesome... I am best imaginary bartender ever!!!!
Neon
Species: Huskeh

Post by Neon »

My dual screen setup is a chaotic mess, and I love it like that. Both screens are of different sizes and resolutions, and the screen that the computer thinks is on the left, is on the right and the one on the right, on the left. Anyone who uses my workstation usually gets really frustrated and gives up on whatever they were doing.

Whenever I'm staying up late to do work (usually math and engineering) and I know I'm alone, I loudly narrate everything I do in the third person, almost as if there’s an omnipresent group of ghosts watching me. But every session the narrator changes, once he was an Irish comedian, the other time he was from the Gestapo and once I narrated as Steve Erwin ( yeah I guess this is why I'm pretty good at voice changing and impressions)

Whenever I'm embarrassed my hand instinctively goes up and rubs my slightly discoloured left eye. I only realised that I've been doing this my whole life 2 weeks ago.

This probably isn't that unique, but during sad and tragic movies/series/books, instead of showing sadness I instinctively smirk. I probably learned this quirk from when I was little and wanted to appear tough to everyone.
This has caught me out though, and I need to stop. Once in history class I was half grinning during the climax of a holocaust documentary, and someone pointed this out to the class and I've kinda had this slight reputation since.

Ooh and I make small amouts of thermite and burn it at the beach when I'm bothered about something. (shhh... its totes legal)
Neon
Species: Huskeh

Post by Neon »

And something else, as you can see from the timestamp I have very irregular sleep patterns ( It can normalize for a few months).

But I very rarely feel tired or drowsy from lack of sleep. If I feel like sleeping at 1 in the afternoon, I make it happen, regardless where I am.
Fluke
Tyrant's Eye

Post by Fluke »

Bother making a .gif avatar to fit the ridiculously tiny ZAFur Avatar constraints.
Fluke
Tyrant's Eye

Post by Fluke »

KinkInZA wrote:the old Hard drives you could throw out an airplane and they still worked but don't know about new ones though .bahg I have to talk to my PC too think its time for a new setup frigging thing just dies on me while I'm typing then retype it again.
Older HDDs are awful, even more modern enterprise level stuff has nothing on SSDs and/or tape for reliability.
Ravensong wrote:I often get sharp shooting pains in certain areas around my abdomen. they've been checked out by a doc and there's nothing unusual to report... but I still get them. when i get them i literally force myself to move through pain. i do this with any and all pain/ailment.
Bottom left = gas
Bottom right = appendix

Most of the time.
Raven Song
Stealer of Time

Post by Raven Song »

Fluke wrote:
KinkInZA wrote:the old Hard drives you could throw out an airplane and they still worked but don't know about new ones though .bahg I have to talk to my PC too think its time for a new setup frigging thing just dies on me while I'm typing then retype it again.
Older HDDs are awful, even more modern enterprise level stuff has nothing on SSDs and/or tape for reliability.
Ravensong wrote:I often get sharp shooting pains in certain areas around my abdomen. they've been checked out by a doc and there's nothing unusual to report... but I still get them. when i get them i literally force myself to move through pain. i do this with any and all pain/ailment.
Bottom left = gas
Bottom right = appendix

Most of the time.
I am aware of that except for certain people that are born with their hearts leaning the opposite way, that causes the internal organs to be shifted in the opposite direction...

which is why my doctor struggled to find my heartbeat when I was young :P
Ivic_Wulfe
Viridis Spes Vulupe

Post by Ivic_Wulfe »

I apparently have a very convincing "Valley Girl" impression according to my class.
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

I can make very accurate impressions of pretty much any animal call, which earned me the title of "freak of nature" in high school. I still do it on occasion, but mostly as a secret code between my mate and I.
Raven Song
Stealer of Time

Post by Raven Song »

Leeward wrote:I can make very accurate impressions of pretty much any animal call, which earned me the title of "freak of nature" in high school. I still do it on occasion, but mostly as a secret code between my mate and I.
I can make the mating call of a leopard... so much so that when i was on school camp once I did it and we got a visit from the resident leopard...