Stuff that you think only you do.

Come in, relax, play with your friends! You can find something for everybody here. You can even find threads with no particular point at all, other than a good time! You can even start up some role playing.
Randall
Species: Funambulus palmarum (Squirrel)
Region: Gauteng

Re: Stuff that you think only you do.

Post by Randall »

I go into the aisles in the department stores where all the alarm clocks are and set them to go off at various times. The reactions from people are priceless
Sev
Superbike Snow Leopard
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: Snow Leopard
Region: Western Cape

Post by Sev »

I'm the only person who buys a bike, and then buys another very similar bike just days after.
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

Whenever I blow my nose, I always look at the contents of the tissue/handkerchief afterwards to check that it looks "healthy", i.e. clear, crust-free, with no green or yellow.
Sev
Superbike Snow Leopard

Post by Sev »

Charming.

A South African UCT science graduate, who studied Psychology, Game Dev, and Comp Sci, and has work experience as a network admin and full stack software dev, leaves his country of birth to join the US Army as a 38B. That has to be a first.
Raven Song
Stealer of Time
Sexual preference: Other
Species: Shapeshifting Anubian
Region: Other

Post by Raven Song »

It may be the first exactly like that, but my cousins best friend who is a Royal Marine studied Psychology and then Chemical Engineering at Wits or Tucs or somewhere up here.

They call him Van because none of the English can pronounce van Stander correctly.
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist. Pablo Picasso
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Growlithe (pokemon)

Post by Rakuen Growlithe »

Sev wrote:A South African UCT science graduate, who studied Psychology, Game Dev, and Comp Sci, and has work experience as a network admin and full stack software dev, leaves his country of birth to join the US Army as a 38B. That has to be a first.
Must be some quantum fluctuation that your studying physics pops in and out of existence.
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~
Sev
Superbike Snow Leopard

Post by Sev »

That was not a focus, you smart ass.

Here is a list of everything that I studied at UCT

Psychology
Computer Science
Game Dev
Machine Learning
Information Systems
Math
Physics
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Growlithe (pokemon)

Post by Rakuen Growlithe »

So you meant took a course? That's a very different thing to studying something.
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~
Sev
Superbike Snow Leopard

Post by Sev »

I did it for two years. Doesn't that count? Ditto Math. In fact, of those, the only course was Machine Learning.

The reason that I say that it wasn't a focus is because, unlike during A Levels, where it was my primary focus, I afforded it the least amount of effort required to do acceptably well in it.

I found Quantum Physics in particular pointless in the extreme. I cannot recall a single one of those absurd formulae.