Ask Ivic!

Come in, relax, play with your friends! You can find something for everybody here. You can even find threads with no particular point at all, other than a good time! You can even start up some role playing.
Tocs
The glowing blue panda
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: Husky
Region: Gauteng

Re: Ask Ivic!

Post by Tocs »

Ivic! Quick! Ivquic! Vinnig! (Please be right there afrikaans). Why oh why does it seem like little gremlins live under my mother's desk with the soul purpose of tangling wires after I untangled them!?
For the most part, it is pointless to be sad in life.
Because sad spelt backwards is das
And das not good
Love every stranger, the stranger the better
The darker the night, the brighter I glow!
Blitzy
Sexual preference: Other
Species: Probably Cape Fox
Region: Western Cape

Post by Blitzy »

Dear Ivic

How do I choose an animal for my Fursona?

Regards
Blitzy
Your friendly neighborhood stoic
Ivic_Wulfe
Viridis Spes Vulupe
Species: Green Folf

Post by Ivic_Wulfe »

Tocs wrote:Ivic! Quick! Ivquic! Vinnig! (Please be right there afrikaans). Why oh why does it seem like little gremlins live under my mother's desk with the soul purpose of tangling wires after I untangled them!?
Simple, they take offence to the term 'gremlins' therefore they have no choice but to continue doing it. In essence it started as a joke but then they started getting accused of doing it even when it was the wires' fault...you should be blaming them. So in a bout of gremlin-y rage they decided to forever tangle wires in both a generations long fight against the wires and an unknown feud with human beings.

So this is merely to answer another question as to whether gremlins do exist, yes, yes they do and yes they live everywhere where a large group of wires exist...or in your backpack...they also give you bedhead sometimes...the little rascals.

p.s. Sometimes the wires aren't tangled at all...that's the gremlins unknowingly undoing the wires' own wrongdoing...yeah...it can get complicated.

p.p.s. Beware the wires. >_>
Blitzy wrote:Dear Ivic
How do I choose an animal for my Fursona?
Regards
Blitzy
Hey Blitzy,

There are many aspects to choosing a fursona. Many furs find an affiliation to one animal or the other and feel drawn to specific characteristics be they fictional or more realistic. Nothing stops you from creating your own creature from a bunch of hybrids either. You don't need an elaborate explanation behind them at the start either, it merely helps to immerse you and your fellow fluffs into your fursona. Some furs even have multiple fursonas and randomly change between them. There's a myriad of reasons to choose the animal and it's up to you to bring them to life any way you want. I hope that helps!

:D
AND THEN THE CAGE COMES DOWN! The cage with the Japanese fighting spiders inside, your mother strikes a match off her forearm and tells you to dance in the front room for money... - Dylan Moran
Adagio
Warm Hearted
Species: Snow Leopard

Post by Adagio »

Ivic_Wulfe wrote:they live everywhere where a large group of wires exist...
I must be gremlin-central... :lol:
Galahad

Post by Galahad »

Dear Ivic.

Scientists and philosophers have come up with many explanations for why we have dreams and nightmares. Even if you are not a scientist working in this field: why do you think the content (i.e what we see, feel, hear, smell, touch) of our dreams and nightmares is what it is? Do you believe there is a reason or meaning behind each dream and nightmare?

I ask because I found myself pondering the same thing after having three consecutive nightmares last night, with different "fears", ranging from apocalyptic to emotional betrayal.
Ivic_Wulfe
Viridis Spes Vulupe

Post by Ivic_Wulfe »

Adagio wrote:
Ivic_Wulfe wrote:they live everywhere where a large group of wires exist...
I must be gremlin-central... :lol:
A king gremlin is probably in your house as we speak, waiting for the right time to tangle your wires. Odds are it's a hub point, they don't mess with your wires as much they just really like the soft sound of electricity and data moving through them. It's a love hate thing. :D
StargazingSerpent wrote:Dear Ivic.

Scientists and philosophers have come up with many explanations for why we have dreams and nightmares. Even if you are not a scientist working in this field: why do you think the content (i.e what we see, feel, hear, smell, touch) of our dreams and nightmares is what it is? Do you believe there is a reason or meaning behind each dream and nightmare?

I ask because I found myself pondering the same thing after having three consecutive nightmares last night, with different "fears", ranging from apocalyptic to emotional betrayal.
Sometimes I do, I've had many times where a vivid dream from years back when I could remember my dreams or even knew that I was dreaming would be a certain de ja vu, irrespective of how banal the moment was at the time, I started realizing these moments around times where I would have big events, moving, death, the beginning of rough financial crises etc. and I would have two or three of these moments beforehand. Odds are it's just my mind making irrelevant links.

Anyway, nowadays I know nothing of my dreams that I have, I do however tend to mumble in my sleep...and I've been told I debate with myself in these moments. I think sometimes dreams are an indicator of what you fear most in the case of nightmares, while 'good dreams' are things you wish to happen. So your sub/unconscious is processing your thoughts and creating scenarios. Some people within the pagan society would think that some of the manifests of dreams are you unknowingly engaging with an over world, the collective unconscious maybe.

Science doesn't necessarily have an answer for these things and soft science really only offers conjecture based either for or against the information that Freudian theory and other psychologists placed forward, so it's difficult to find a solid perspective on it.

I could have a longer response to this but my feeling genuinely is, the dream is a collective thought process, either by you and for your own personal sake or those close to you.
AND THEN THE CAGE COMES DOWN! The cage with the Japanese fighting spiders inside, your mother strikes a match off her forearm and tells you to dance in the front room for money... - Dylan Moran
Raven Song
Stealer of Time
Species: Shapeshifting Anubian
Region: Other

Post by Raven Song »

Dear Ivic,

Where oh where, has my little dog gone? Oh where, oh where, can he be? His ears are illegally cut short by some douche, and his tail is fortunately left long the way nature intended it to be... Oh where, oh where... can he be?
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist. Pablo Picasso
Ivic_Wulfe
Viridis Spes Vulupe

Post by Ivic_Wulfe »

RavenSong wrote:Dear Ivic,

Where oh where, has my little dog gone? Oh where, oh where, can he be? His ears are illegally cut short by some douche, and his tail is fortunately left long the way nature intended it to be... Oh where, oh where... can he be?
He's under your couch...eating your left slipper...also under your couch are two socks and a clown nose that squeaks...he'll get to that one very soon, wait for the squeak, he wants you to find him :P
Raven Song
Stealer of Time

Post by Raven Song »

I legit just went and checked under the couch... because I'm special like that :P
Ivic_Wulfe
Viridis Spes Vulupe

Post by Ivic_Wulfe »

You are an amazing person :D
Raven Song
Stealer of Time

Post by Raven Song »

No you are!!!
Brutallis
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Equine, Nightmare

Post by Brutallis »

Dear Ivic,

Recently my fellow ex-demons have been worried about the current state of the Underworld with regards to the new management when we retired. Their concerns were that of, "Hell has become too soft, these young guy don't have a clue what eternal punishment means anymore." or another that I got is "Zell mar'koz El Mftang bobo cleu pertos." I know that was demon speak, but you get the picture here.

What do you think us ex-demons could do to make sure that the Underworld does not crack in it's duties? And what can I tell them to make them feel good for the future of the Underworld?
Greetings,

Brutallis
(Your local demon)
Raven Song
Stealer of Time

Post by Raven Song »

If I may add here.

I've noticed a distinct lack of vodka at Hell Parties.

Is there something that could be done to fix this too.
Ivic_Wulfe
Viridis Spes Vulupe

Post by Ivic_Wulfe »

Brutallis wrote:Dear Ivic,

Recently my fellow ex-demons have been worried about the current state of the Underworld with regards to the new management when we retired. Their concerns were that of, "Hell has become too soft, these young guy don't have a clue what eternal punishment means anymore." or another that I got is "Zell mar'koz El Mftang bobo cleu pertos." I know that was demon speak, but you get the picture here.

What do you think us ex-demons could do to make sure that the Underworld does not crack in it's duties? And what can I tell them to make them feel good for the future of the Underworld?
As a rule helping the demons of the underworld with their torture routines isn't my schtick...and I think my demon lexicon is out of date by like...forever. I'm more concerned about the underworld cracking...get some prattley putty for that...please. I think there are some good things that would probably happen in the near future, Donald Trump is most certainly on his way for roster duties and don't forget Mugabe. However those are people that have divisive views. I would assume a good technique of eternal torture is having people listen to the Nyan Cat song for a long period of time the results are posted below:

Otherwise, just do old school torture. There're also some very good existential tortures that have been thought up in the realm of "Theater of the Absurd" I'd have a look at Jean-Paul Sartre's No Exit.

Also there's this:

Maybe this will help! Happy Torturing!
RavenSong wrote:If I may add here.

I've noticed a distinct lack of vodka at Hell Parties.

Is there something that could be done to fix this too.
As to the lack of vodka...may I suggest
It's 96% ...closest I could get to the Number of the Beast...
Raven Song
Stealer of Time

Post by Raven Song »

I'm going to make my own Vodka brand and call it Beast and get it 66% :P
Cape_F0X
Light-footed
Sexual preference: Straight
Species: Vulpes chama

Post by Cape_F0X »

What about 66.6%?
Raven Song
Stealer of Time

Post by Raven Song »

This is why we keep you... You genius you!!!!
Cape_F0X
Light-footed

Post by Cape_F0X »

Dear Ivic.

Is being able to remove fleas an quality women look for in men?
Ivic_Wulfe
Viridis Spes Vulupe

Post by Ivic_Wulfe »

Depends, is it a quality that men look for in women? If so then odds are in your favour.. grooming is a quality anyone would want in a mate. Bonus is generally a +10 to fleafinding
Blitzy
Species: Probably Cape Fox

Re: Ask Ivic

Post by Blitzy »

Dear Ivic,

Whenever someone says that life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade, but I have a problem with that.
Where is the lemons?

Is life maybe a 4th dimensional entity and it has hidden the lemons in the third dimension right above ours? If so, can you explain what quantum machine I must make to acquite these lemons, maybe if I put a quantum harmonizer inside a photonic resonation chamber I could maybe make some progress. I should just be careful to not cause parabolic destabilization of the fission singularity, but I know that.

Any tips?
Your friendly neighborhood stoic
Ivic_Wulfe
Viridis Spes Vulupe

Post by Ivic_Wulfe »

Blitzy wrote:Dear Ivic,

Whenever someone says that life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade, but I have a problem with that.
Where is the lemons?

Is life maybe a 4th dimensional entity and it has hidden the lemons in the third dimension right above ours? If so, can you explain what quantum machine I must make to acquite these lemons, maybe if I put a quantum harmonizer inside a photonic resonation chamber I could maybe make some progress. I should just be careful to not cause parabolic destabilization of the fission singularity, but I know that.

Any tips?
I do take tips, preferably in the form of Pound Sterling. :D

Aside from that, your approach to the entire endeavor to find the Lemons is in fact misaligned to the idea of finding the lemons, considering it's allegorical value in that, the lemons are bad times and lemonade would be making a good time out of it. However, using that theorum and converting the basic premise of that theorum into a numerical value may help with your programming to find the timeline, that, every time the metaphor is mentioned, there is a person who is government appointed to to hand you a lemon (odds are it would be in Britain) sugar and water are however not provided, when you have entered this timeline I would suggest just taking enough lemons for the metaphorical lemons taken and then return to make said lemonade.

In respect to your quantum machine I think the first step is to use the metaphoria-allegorica to ensure that your calculations are very precise. You don't want to go to the timeline where metaphor and simile is uttered and taken as absolutely true. Too many people have said, "I'm so hungry I could eat the entire *insert inoffensive large animal species/plant species here* only to be taken up on their offer by random passers by which had some...very interesting results.

Recap for original question:
When life gives you metaphorical lemons that don't exist in our dimension/timeline, Co-ordinate trajectory with metaphoria-allegorica (I would suggest the Harmonizer, it sounds like it would work considering the language in and of itself a certain kind of 'harmonization'. Travel to co-ordinates using the Harmonizer, ensure that you get a government application for a "Child of the Lemon", ONLY take as many lemons as you believe you have been dealt (there may be an issue when more lemons are taken back than have been given, you will be handed more metaphorical lemons to balance it out, that or both universes will cease to exist. O.o ), come back in the harmonizer (as a side note please remember the co-ordinates of which line you come from...that may be a bit silly to forget that information), use sugar and water from this timeline (we have no idea in respect to the currency from that timeline and it also minimizes your chances of destabilizing both timelines) make lemonade.

Finally to quote my favourite 'if life gives you lemons' quote, "If life gives you lemons, find a new god."
Adagio
Warm Hearted

Post by Adagio »

Dear Ivic.
I come to you with a dire dilemma of Chocolate proportions.

I have all this cake, and I have no idea what to do with it!
Tocs
The glowing blue panda
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: Husky

Post by Tocs »

I can answer that one! Give it to me!
For the most part, it is pointless to be sad in life.
Because sad spelt backwards is das
And das not good
Love every stranger, the stranger the better
The darker the night, the brighter I glow!
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Growlithe (pokemon)

Post by Rakuen Growlithe »

Blitzy wrote:Any tips?
Yes, you're approaching the situation in completely the wrong way.
Cave Johnson wrote:Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade! Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons; what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down... with the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~
Cape_F0X
Light-footed

Post by Cape_F0X »

Why do you want rubbish cars? (lemons)
And if you ask me and Raven, it's not about the lemonade, it's what you mix with it.

Sorry that I can't be there and aid in your cake predicament Adagio.

Ivic, if I'm in trouble, do I call the SAPD or the SPCA?
Adagio
Warm Hearted

Post by Adagio »

Rakuen Growlithe wrote:
Cave Johnson wrote:Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade! Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons; what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down... with the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!
Hahahahaha!!! I love that game!!!!
Ivic_Wulfe
Viridis Spes Vulupe

Post by Ivic_Wulfe »

Adagio wrote:Dear Ivic.
I come to you with a dire dilemma of Chocolate proportions.

I have all this cake, and I have no idea what to do with it!
If it has anything to do with having your cake and eating it...I'd say, share it, Tocs seems to have a good thing going, otherwise I'd accept the idea that you travel back to the French Revolution and ask Jean-Jacques Rousseau whether he may need some if it to go with his stolen wine.

If you have any carb counters in the area who are pining for some form of starchy comfort food, keep it in a glass case nearby armed with a really loud siren.

If you have a person who enjoys cake, use said person as transport in the traditional, 'dangle it just out of reach' way to ensure what seems to be the cheapest perpetual motion machine according to cartoon depictions.

Finally, "one's acquisition of cake is merely the act of a 'will to icing' where the human's social stance is judged according to their ability to ice the cake best. Having cake places the person into a quandary of existential proportions due to the connotation of 'having cake'. Thus by having cake and not being sure as to how one can't eat it as well only allows humanity to put it on display in an increasingly desperate attempt to fulfill their personal 'unknowns'. Chocolate icing merely 'paves over' the porous 'holes' that humanity often attempts to fill with the false feeling of fulfillment of one's indulgence (Wulfe, 2016).
Cape_F0X wrote:Why do you want rubbish cars? (lemons)
And if you ask me and Raven, it's not about the lemonade, it's what you mix with it.

Sorry that I can't be there and aid in your cake predicament Adagio.

Ivic, if I'm in trouble, do I call the SAPD or the SPCA?
Hedge your bets call both and ask the person who has place you in 'trouble' to take a bet with you. If the SAPD comes first he'll be arrested, if the SPCA come first, you'll be arrested. :D
Cape_F0X
Light-footed

Post by Cape_F0X »

That sounds like a fun game and all, but I don't think people will fall for it.

1) The chances might be in my favor
2) The worst I could get is a case of kennel cough at the pound, I don't even want to mention what can happen to the other person in prison.

I'll just stay out of trouble.
Cape_F0X
Light-footed

Post by Cape_F0X »

I enjoy analyzing song lyrics and I've been wondering about the following: How hot do you have to be to make a dragon wanna retire?
Ivic_Wulfe
Viridis Spes Vulupe

Post by Ivic_Wulfe »

Cape_F0X wrote:I enjoy analyzing song lyrics and I've been wondering about the following: How hot do you have to be to make a dragon wanna retire?
If you're really in to it. Maybe around 6-7 games of squash kinda hot. I'm sure that that'll tucker them out. Otherwise, probably hot enough to have people strap a furnace door to their face.