Colour conundrum

Got a fursuit to show off? Want advice on how to make one or where to get one? Feel the need to share pictures of your new wolf T-shirt? What about cute plushie or pair of fluffy ears? This is the place.

Moderator: YoteFox

Cape_F0X
Light-footed
Sexual preference: Straight
Species: Vulpes chama
Region: Western Cape

Colour conundrum

Post by Cape_F0X »

A medium term project I have is to reupholster our lounge.

I'd like to hear some suggestions for colour schemes, because my sister isn't much help due to her lack of interest. (I really like the idea of making the the individual couches contrasting colours)

It also depends on what materials we can find on the cheap. But your input still valuable.
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Growlithe (pokemon)
Region: Other

Re: Colour conundrum

Post by Rakuen Growlithe »

Er... no. Go for a single colour for all of them, preferably one that goes with the curtains and carpet (depending what there is). Safest would be neutral colours. If you want bright colours then include the bright colours with the cushions or throws. Those are easier to change and you won't make a decision you'll regret for years.
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~
Cape_F0X
Light-footed

Post by Cape_F0X »

The floor is white tile with a super cheap grey carpet that we're not attached to. The curtains are also a non-factor since they are white wool.
Blitzy
Sexual preference: Other
Species: Probably Cape Fox

Post by Blitzy »

Orange and Blue!
Give your visitors an unpleasant (or pleasant, I don't know) surprise!

Ok, in all seriousness now.
The default is obviously Brown but colours such as white or that stone grey is also pretty nice looking.

You say contrasting, I would think it could be a bit mild (Due to wild colours being maybe too vivid) but I don't know your preferences. A lighter Orange compared to a blue-ish colour. One could also look online for those colour wheels used by artist, those are also nice.
Have you looked at pinterest maybe? People tend to go there for inspiration, the few times I have seen it has been rather fun.
Your friendly neighborhood stoic
Cape_F0X
Light-footed

Post by Cape_F0X »

Thanks Blitzy! The kitchen is red and grey. So I think Cobalt and grey will work.
Sudan Red
Species: Lion
Region: Gauteng

Post by Sudan Red »

My money is on dark grey. It looks really slick & modern, it doesn't show dirt, it is reasonably available & therefore should be comparatively priced. Grey also goes splendidly with bright colours which can be brought in with throws & scatterpillows. I concur that you use bright colours for your accessories only as it is easy to get really tired of a in-your-face colour.
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Growlithe (pokemon)
Region: Other

Post by Rakuen Growlithe »

Blitzy wrote:The default is obviously Brown but colours such as white or that stone grey is also pretty nice looking.
Brown? It's great for wood but ugly for materials. White shows dirt very quickly and you'll have to spend all the time cleaning.
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~