Bongo Fursuit!*

Got a fursuit to show off? Want advice on how to make one or where to get one? Feel the need to share pictures of your new wolf T-shirt? What about cute plushie or pair of fluffy ears? This is the place.

Moderator: YoteFox

SilverFox12578
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Grey Fox

Re: Bongo Fursuit!*

Post by SilverFox12578 »

Aww..
I would have loved to see you at Rage Chole. Your suit is awesome. :)
-Be Crazy
-Be Weird
-Be Awesome
-Be Yourself :)

Telegram: @Silverfox12578. YouTube: SilverFox. Deviantart: Silverfox12578.
Nasheera

Post by Nasheera »

I'll be putting Bongo up for sale soon.
Keep an eye out!*
Nasheera

Post by Nasheera »

Back of head is done!
This funky dude is officially finished :)
Attachments
20161009_113304.jpg
20161009_113406.jpg
Sudan Red
Sexual preference: Straight
Species: Lion
Region: Gauteng

Post by Sudan Red »

Ohnoes why are you selling him so soon?
Nasheera

Post by Nasheera »

The main idea was to wear him to rAge, but unfortunately that never happened.
I'll sell him and use the bit of money to begin building a new, even crazier one!
Sudan Red

Post by Sudan Red »

Fair enough! You should make a short video of Bongo in action. I find that photos don't do fursuits justice. Good luck!!! :)
Nasheera

Post by Nasheera »

Hello all! I am still alive! :D

Due to my unwillingless to ship overseas, I've decided to keep my fursuit. I'll not only be keeping it, but I'll be continuing building onto it.

So far, I've thrown together some leg and feet bases. The toes need to be fixed up a bit though.
The leg padding is made out of pillow stuffing, a change from my usual foam carvings. I plan on giving Bongo a dropped crotch!

When he's fully completed (hopefully by the end of this year) I'll post a video of him in action. He'll also be having his first big outing at Geekfest. Super excited for that!

Please excuse the shizzy picture quality. Will be active again when my phone has finally be repaired. Bye guys!
Attachments
20161117_143427.jpg
20161117_143812_LLS.jpg
20161117_174443_LLS.jpg
Trace
Snep's Best Doggo
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Wolfdog/Shapeshifter
Region: Other

Post by Trace »

Looking awesome! I can't wait to see you do more!
"I change shapes just to hide in this place, but I'm still, I'm still an animal" -Miike Snow, 'Animal'
"Where there's life, there's hope."-Terence
Sudan Red

Post by Sudan Red »

Developments! Did you sew or glue the foam pieces to your tights? I would suggest you add some butt foam (HAHAHA) to further emphasize the digitigrade stance.
Nasheera

Post by Nasheera »

They were sewed and glued! What, is my butt not big enough for ya? Hmph!
But I'll go with your recommendation and add some butt padding with what I have left :)

I have no idea how I'm going to make the fur templates for the legs as I don't have a duct tape dummy! Do you have any suggestions on how to fur the legs that don't involve me constructing a DTD?
Sudan Red

Post by Sudan Red »

Nasheera wrote:They were sewed and glued! What, is my butt not big enough for ya? Hmph!
But I'll go with your recommendation and add some butt padding with what I have left :)

I have no idea how I'm going to make the fur templates for the legs as I don't have a duct tape dummy! Do you have any suggestions on how to fur the legs that don't involve me constructing a DTD?
Use yourself? ;) Employ your little sister to duct tape directly (well, separated by bin bags or cling wrap) onto you wearing the foam understructure?

As for butt padding - I see it on a lot of suits, & it really makes the digitigrade stance POP.
Nasheera

Post by Nasheera »

I had a blonde moment when I typed that last post, as I already had the idea of using myself. It must have slipped my mind at the time!

Anywho, I'm half way done with furring or, eh, fleecing, the legs. Progress photos to come soon!
Nasheera

Post by Nasheera »

So far so good. There is one problem, however.
The fleece is too thin and the contrast between the black leggings and light padding can be seen. I'm not too bothered though, as this is my first full leg attempt. The next one will be better!!
Attachments
20161214_152055-1.jpg
Kspore
Species: Wolfpup

Post by Kspore »

Well, I really have no experience when it comes to these sorts of things, so sorry if my advice isn't helpful. (It probably won't be.)

First off, well done. It really is looking good, needs a bit of work but everything is this world can be improved in one way or another. But well done, I know I could have never have made half of that. :lol:

Yeah, that poses a slight problem. The contrast in very visible, and I assume the fleece is attached or the leggings is needed for other purposes.
(Like I said I'm clueless about these things.)

So unless you want a hole in your leg. Couldn't you use didn't colour leggings? Or sow a piece of material onto the leggings to reduce the contrast?

Like I said, useless advice.
But I hope it at least made you laugh at my stupidity. :lol:
Nasheera

Post by Nasheera »

Kspore!

I still have a bunch to do, so it will look a lot better once completed.
Thank you for the advice, I'm open to any sort of help. I had the idea of covering the legs with one more layer of fleece, it seems to do the trick. The problem is that if I make the extra layer even a little bit too tight, the legs will be super uncomfortable.

That or I could just leave them as they are because I'm a lazy bum that has also run dangerously low on material! At least I'll know what to pay more attention to next time :)
Kspore

Post by Kspore »

Glad I could be of some help. :lol:

Good luck with the rest of it. Hope it turns out good.
And good luck with finding material :)
Nasheera

Post by Nasheera »

This is as far as I got before the legs were ruined >~<

My grandmother offered to help with the sewing, and ended up cutting chunks off the bottom of the fleece covering, making the pink side too tight and at a failed attempt of adding fleece to cover my belly, swapped the colours around.

Dear me! I've got my work cut out for me, as I only have a week to re-do them before Geekfest when I get back, on top of school! Fun fun...

I've also touched up the head a bit. Fixed up the eyes, added extra horns and done of a bit of jazzing up here and there. Pics to come soon for whoever is interested!
Attachments
20161214_214541_HDR-1.jpg
Kspore

Post by Kspore »

A week?
Checks Google..... Oh, I did not know geekfest was happening that early. I thought it was more towards mid year. Oops.

Hahaha.
I already got everything ready for school. Shows how much my pedants want to get rid of me :lol:
Even though the first week is basically athletics anyway.

Well, good luck Chloe. I hope it goes well and that you can finish.
Nasheera

Post by Nasheera »

Okay guys, looks like legs will be ready in time for Geekfest!

Anywho, I have a rather strange and slightly inappropriate question, so it's chilled if this gets removed.
Does anyone know where I'd be able to purchase a chest binder here in SA? I'm clueless as to where to look!

Bongo is a male character, and I'll only be wearing a white school t-shirt with the suit and it exposes all lumps and bumps, if you know what I mean :p
I'd also be able to use the binder for future male suits so it would be great if I could get my hands on one. But where to find it?
Jake Dane
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: 98% Canine 2% Dragon

Post by Jake Dane »

looks good :)
Furaffrinity: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/JakeDane-ZA
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/JakeDaneSA
Telegram: @Jakedane

Live crazy, live in the now, live for now :)
Stay NAUGHTY :D
YoteFox
Species: Arctic Sabre Fox

Post by YoteFox »

I have to say great attempt at the digi legs it's great to see others trying it as well and I really hope to see you at geekfest! I've learnt from experience that adding some padding to the bum area refines the look even more and makes it look a little more proportionate. I just noticed I haven't posted pics of how I did my digi xD
Can't wait to see your suit in action!
Also may I recommend you use white material or line with white under the fleece so you don't get that effect that it shows the black material underneath, the white will still show a bit but not as clearly as the black.
Nasheera wrote:Okay guys, looks like legs will be ready in time for Geekfest!

Anywho, I have a rather strange and slightly inappropriate question, so it's chilled if this gets removed.
Does anyone know where I'd be able to purchase a chest binder here in SA? I'm clueless as to where to look!

Bongo is a male character, and I'll only be wearing a white school t-shirt with the suit and it exposes all lumps and bumps, if you know what I mean :p
I'd also be able to use the binder for future male suits so it would be great if I could get my hands on one. But where to find it?
Might want to check on the SA cosplay FB page, they can help with these sorts of things.
I'd rather be fursuiting

Suit up and it will make you feel better
- Pepper Coyote

People get built different. We don't need to figure it out, we just need to respect it. Maybe he likes his company more than I like mine - Princess Bubblegum
Nasheera

Post by Nasheera »

Progress! Still have lots to do though.
The legs are looking a bit shabby but I'll fix them up soon! I don't think they're too bad for my first full attempt at legs :P
Attachments
Please excuse the low picture quality
Please excuse the low picture quality
20170124_180303-1.jpg
Nasheera

Post by Nasheera »

After much self-convincing, he's finally being sold and shipped to the USA soon, for R2000!

Here are a few pictures of some touch ups I did on the head a while ago. Enjoy them, for they are the last you'll be getting from me!
Attachments
IMG_20170206_164403-1.jpg
IMG_20170206_164342-1.jpg
IMG_20170206_164440-1.jpg
IMG_20170128_154915-1.jpg
Kilektor
Region: Other

Post by Kilektor »

Mmm I'm such a lucky handler ;)
Don't tell me what I can and can not do, I'll just prove you wrong every time
Sudan Red

Post by Sudan Red »

Congrats on the sale! :) I hope he gets to his new owner safely. Pity to see him go, but glad that he'll be used & loved.