Bongo Fursuit!*

Got a fursuit to show off? Want advice on how to make one or where to get one? Feel the need to share pictures of your new wolf T-shirt? What about cute plushie or pair of fluffy ears? This is the place.

Moderator: YoteFox

Nasheera

Bongo Fursuit!*

Post by Nasheera »

Hi everybody!
This is Bongo, the goat monster partial. My 4th Fursuit thus far, hoping to improve in the future! (Not 100% sure how this works yet, hope the pictures attach!)
Attachments
20160703_094534.jpg
20160703_094636.jpg
Sudan Red
Sexual preference: Straight
Species: Lion
Region: Gauteng

Re: Bongo Fursuit!*

Post by Sudan Red »

That is pretty slick! Do you use foam construction?
Kspore
Species: Wolfpup

Post by Kspore »

I really can't comment on this due to the fact I have little experience(more likely no experience)with the actuall fur suits. Where are all the experienced people when you need them?
But for the most part it looks quite good.
PS is that its tail in the background of the second picture?
Nasheera

Post by Nasheera »

Sudan Red wrote:That is pretty slick! Do you use foam construction?
Yebo yes. Foam and a balaclava headbase. I'm not really happy with the outcome though, having to use fleece instead of fur. (Good quality fur is flipping hard to find here in SA!)
Kspore wrote:I really can't comment on this due to the fact I have little experience(more likely no experience)with the actuall fur suits. Where are all the experienced people when you need them?
But for the most part it looks quite good.
PS is that its tail in the background of the second picture?
It is indeed a tail! A long slinky one, actually from one of my previous suits. Contemplating cutting it shorter though.
Last edited by Rakuen Growlithe on Sun Jul 03, 2016 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: merged multiple posts
Sudan Red

Post by Sudan Red »

Chloe wrote:
Sudan Red wrote:That is pretty slick! Do you use foam construction?
Yebo yes. Foam and a balaclava headbase. I'm not really happy with the outcome though, having to use fleece instead of fur. (Good quality fur is flipping hard to find here in SA!)
Your foam shaping is excellent - nicely symmetrical. I don't think I would have the patience. You should consider making blanks & selling them. *hinthintIwantonehint* :lol:

Dude, I live in Pta, THE CAPITOL CITY, and I can't find good fur in an acceptable price range or colour palette. :/ I've found reasonable stuff at about R140/m, but I could only get it in black & cream iirc. I want/need tan, blue & white dangit!
Nasheera

Post by Nasheera »

Sudan Red wrote:Your foam shaping is excellent - nicely symmetrical. I don't think I would have the patience. You should consider making blanks & selling them. *hinthintIwantonehint*

Dude, I live in Pta, THE CAPITOL CITY, and I can't find good fur in an acceptable price range or colour palette. :/ I've found reasonable stuff at about R140/m, but I could only get it in black & cream iirc. I want/need tan, blue & white dangit!
Thank you so much! I've never been able to obtain feedback on my suits, so I appreciate this a lot. I've never considered selling blanks, although that's a brilliant idea! I'll definitely look into it.
I recommend FursuitSupples.com if you're looking for good quality fur at decent prices. Only problem is that they're overseas and shipping these days is a killer!
Sudan Red

Post by Sudan Red »

Would you mind modelling the head? I find it easier to judge a head while it is being worn. A short film of it in movement would also be helpful.

If a bunch of us buy fur, it might work out cheaper for all. We should brainstorm this with other builders like Yote, Lee etc. :)

PS Please be careful where you share such photos/clips. You're young and some people are decidedly WIERD. Only share what you're comfortable with. #oumaRed #safetyfirst
Nasheera

Post by Nasheera »

I will model it as soon as it's completed, the balavlava at the back is still very much visible.
The fur idea is definitely one to consider, if all us suit builders pitch in it could work!
Thank you for the heads up. I'm actually not on social media that much due to such reasons and the occasional creepers. Thank goodness I've got my wits about me! Sort of :D
Raven Song
Stealer of Time
Sexual preference: Other
Species: Shapeshifting Anubian
Region: Other

Post by Raven Song »

That's really good!!! Being surrounded by furstuits here in London, its so good too see you guys back home getting things going like this, you and Yote could go into business :P
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist. Pablo Picasso
YoteFox
Species: Arctic Sabre Fox

Post by YoteFox »

WOW! I mean really WOW!
You can certainly give me a run for my money haha
Glad to see more fursuit makers, we needs the fursuits in SA and the only way we can get fursuits in SA is having more makers! I'm so happy to see more makers!
I'd rather be fursuiting

Suit up and it will make you feel better
- Pepper Coyote

People get built different. We don't need to figure it out, we just need to respect it. Maybe he likes his company more than I like mine - Princess Bubblegum
Nasheera

Post by Nasheera »

Just going to leave these here for you to scroll through :)
Attachments
20151125_103631.jpg
Spooky!
Spooky!
And some WIP pictures
And some WIP pictures
My first and second attempts
My first and second attempts
Sudan Red

Post by Sudan Red »

Did you recover him in blue fleece or was that an earlier version? You should explain to me how you sew the face together - I think my brain is overcomplicating matters! :lol:
Nasheera

Post by Nasheera »

Hahaha, oooh I love questions!
All that blue is the colour of the foam. I put all the fleece over the blue foam base.

Guilty as charged, I didn't actually sew the face, I hot glued it! I don't have a sewing machine and my hand-sewing skills are sorely lacking. That and I'm just lazy! XP
Nasheera

Post by Nasheera »

Watch out for this narple at rAge 2016!
Attachments
20160703_124821.jpg
Galahad

Post by Galahad »

Though you posted pictures of Bongo, she looks magnificent, Chloe! Very well done. I particularly like the horns you included. :) In one of your earlier posts, I see you had several different "eye patches" with varying expressions. How do you select which one to use?
Nasheera

Post by Nasheera »

Huehuehuee ^w^ Ahh, thank you! He's still incomplete though, but I'll fix him up before rAge.

You have no idea how excited I get when it comes to fursuits, it worries me!
I just threw little paper cutouts onto the plain black eye and asked for my friends opinions on which they liked most. Everyone went with the horizontal slit, saying it added a lot of expression and a faint psychotic twist.

I just want to state that I know it's not the prettiest, most professionally made fursuit head out there, but dang I'm proud of it! :D
Sudan Red

Post by Sudan Red »

Much excite! I'm missing rAge again this year (Boooo) as I'll be overseas (YAY), but I think Bongo is going to be popular! People LOOOOVE pics with fursuits! Remember to make little cards with your twitter handle or whatevs so people can link you to their photos of you.
Nasheera

Post by Nasheera »

Nooo dude, I can't believe you'll be missing rAge! You better make sure your schedule is clear for next year's expo!
Unfortunately my twitter days(and pretty much any other similar social media) are over. Data can be a pain. Ew.
I'll just walk around as an unknown lady with a monster head :)
Galahad

Post by Galahad »

Chloe wrote:Huehuehuee ^w^ Ahh, thank you! He's still incomplete though, but I'll fix him up before rAge.

You have no idea how excited I get when it comes to fursuits, it worries me!
I just threw little paper cutouts onto the plain black eye and asked for my friends opinions on which they liked most. Everyone went with the horizontal slit, saying it added a lot of expression and a faint psychotic twist.

I just want to state that I know it's not the prettiest, most professionally made fursuit head out there, but dang I'm proud of it! :D
It is wonderful to have something to be passionate about, isn't it? It is even better when others appreciate your passion, and I am sure you will be receiving many compliments on it. :)

As a mechanical engineering student, I hope to apply some of my own techniques to the fine art of fursuit making someday soon - if you are willing to share some tips, I would love to learn.

I agree with your friends: that eye expression is certainly psychotic; in a good way! ... A more "likeable" crazy than "Hannibal Lecter" crazy. ;) (Unless you find Hannibal Lecter likeable. I shall not judge.)
Nasheera

Post by Nasheera »

It truly is! :)

That would be great! I'd love to offer some tips and tricks. It's best to hear from the other fursuit makers on the forum too, just in case you find someone's method a bit easier for you to follow than another's.

Um, excuse me, Hannibal Lecter is my spirit animal. You best not judge -_-
I kid, I kid!
not really
Badge
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: Badgacat

Post by Badge »

graaaaggghhhh. The awesomeness!

It makes me want to try make a head and then pretend it was meant to be a lopsided mutant, melted Badgacat..... oorah!

But seriously, this is cool.
If you take your marker and connect this dot to that one, that one to this one here you will get a really annoyed dalmatian.

The European Badger (meles meles) is known to have a rather large range of vocalisations, though it must be noted he often makes no sense at all.
Niexie
Species: Vixen

Post by Niexie »

Amazing work!

Love your shaping and sense of form, you have an eye for shape. xx
Nasheera

Post by Nasheera »

Got some handpaw hoof things done last night!
Just need to finish the back of the head with whatever scraps I can find and he'll finally be finished!
Attachments
IMG_20160920_150817.jpg
Trace
Snep's Best Doggo
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Wolfdog/Shapeshifter
Region: Other

Post by Trace »

Chloe wrote:Got some handpaw hoof things done last night!
Just need to finish the back of the head with whatever scraps I can find and he'll finally be finished!
That's looking awesome! Well done!
"I change shapes just to hide in this place, but I'm still, I'm still an animal" -Miike Snow, 'Animal'
"Where there's life, there's hope."-Terence
Sudan Red

Post by Sudan Red »

So coooool!
SilverFox12578
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Grey Fox

Post by SilverFox12578 »

Ahh!! Its Awesome! :D
Can't wait to see how it looks when its finished!
-Be Crazy
-Be Weird
-Be Awesome
-Be Yourself :)

Telegram: @Silverfox12578. YouTube: SilverFox. Deviantart: Silverfox12578.
Kspore
Species: Wolfpup

Post by Kspore »

Its coming along great.

So what else are you going to do?
(Before Rage?)
Nasheera

Post by Nasheera »

It turns out rAge is a no-go due to certain issues. However, we've decided to reschedule and hit Geekfest instead!
Adagio
Warm Hearted
Sexual preference: Other
Species: Snow Leopard

Post by Adagio »

NUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!
Whyyyy???
Sudan Red

Post by Sudan Red »

Chloe wrote:It turns out rAge is a no-go due to certain issues. However, we've decided to reschedule and hit Geekfest instead!
Geekfest is smaller but friendly to cosplayers. I think it might be a better experience for a first time 'suiter.