My attempt

Got a fursuit to show off? Want advice on how to make one or where to get one? Feel the need to share pictures of your new wolf T-shirt? What about cute plushie or pair of fluffy ears? This is the place.

Moderator: YoteFox

YoteFox
Species: Arctic Sabre Fox

Re: My attempt

Post by YoteFox »

I am taking lots and lots of pictures of this head since I want to make a compilation video of it when I'm done with the whole thing. The fur has been properly pinned on, pre trimmed and is very close to being glued down. It is safe to say the head is around 70% done.
Attachments
1452952139.coyoteanimosus_20160116_130225.jpg
I'd rather be fursuiting

Suit up and it will make you feel better
- Pepper Coyote

People get built different. We don't need to figure it out, we just need to respect it. Maybe he likes his company more than I like mine - Princess Bubblegum
YoteFox

Post by YoteFox »

So here is my plan of what I am going to do with the making of the suit:

I am about 70% finish with the head, once the head is 100% complete (Finished furring, trimmed, added the neck, did the dry brushing).

After the head I am moving onto the body, I am doing allot of research before attempting the body and I would really appreciate it if someone would have some info on how to make the Digitigrade legs. I have a few concepts. So far Matrices looks the easiest. Along with the digitigrade legs I am going to make the feet paws.

After the body the tail which is really easy although this new suit is going to have a BIG tail.

Once the tail is done, I am going to make the hand paws. The Paw pads will be made of Marine vynil, which I will applique onto the hand paws. 100 times better and much cheaper than casting rubber. The claws will again be made of sculpting clay.

For now I am going to do Vex fox as a suit since I am struggling to get the fur for Yote. Yote will be made some day when I can source the right fur.

I am planning on having it all done before Geekfest.
I'd rather be fursuiting

- Pepper Coyote

People get built different. We don't need to figure it out, we just need to respect it. Maybe he likes his company more than I like mine - Princess Bubblegum
YoteFox

Post by YoteFox »

I dunno why it is tilted and frankly I am too tired right now to care.... Anyways made some more progress today, still allot of work left. Hope you all like it.

Call it 80% now
Attachments
20160118_192232.jpg
20160118_192226.jpg
I'd rather be fursuiting

- Pepper Coyote

YoteFox

Post by YoteFox »

Anyone still following?
I'd rather be fursuiting

- Pepper Coyote

Raven Song
Stealer of Time
Sexual preference: Other
Species: Shapeshifting Anubian
Region: Other

Post by Raven Song »

I do :P I just don't comment because I'm useless at saying constructive things and I'm waiting for the final product to squee at...
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist. Pablo Picasso
YoteFox

Post by YoteFox »

RavenSong wrote:I do :P I just don't comment because I'm useless at saying constructive things and I'm waiting for the final product to squee at...
It's nearing completion, I'm going to try and burn the midnight oil to get it as close to finish as I can. Instead of uploading a pic I shall be posting a video... Like a grand reveal video.
I'd rather be fursuiting

- Pepper Coyote

Raven Song
Stealer of Time

Post by Raven Song »

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I look forward to it!!!
Tocs
The glowing blue panda
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: Husky
Region: Gauteng

Post by Tocs »

Haha I'm following yote don't worry, I guess you may feel I'm mot being genuine if every picture you post I go "oh wow that's so amazimg" due to me repeating myself a lot haha. But I do mean it every time I swear I do, I'm a huge fan of your work and guess what? it looks amazing! ;)
For the most part, it is pointless to be sad in life.
Because sad spelt backwards is das
And das not good
Love every stranger, the stranger the better
The darker the night, the brighter I glow!
KinkInZA
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Liger

Post by KinkInZA »

Sorry Yote I'm on standby again one of my colleges is off sick and I have to stand in for them was a bit busy and its looking really great brother.
“All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake up in the day to find it was vanity, but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.”
T.E. Lawrence
Neon
Species: Huskeh

Post by Neon »

YoteFox wrote:Anyone still following?
I think thats quite a silly question. Why wouldn't we be following? :P
YoteFox

Post by YoteFox »

Thanks guys, great to hear the following is still strong. I have to admit I was in quite a bad mood yesterday and very frustrated with the head, was close to scrapping it. So I had to see if anyone still cared hehe... insecurities XD

Let me update this thread by saying 95%. I was working so much on it that I forgot to check the time, one moment its 7pm next it's 10pm.
I am so excited I can barely contain myself, I am so tempted to spam everyone with pictures right now but it would make the final reveal less powerful. So keep watching this thread for the reveal video. Might upload tomorrow if all goes as planned.

Can't wait to show you guys!!
I'd rather be fursuiting

- Pepper Coyote

Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy
Species: Growlithe (pokemon)

Post by Rakuen Growlithe »

I still read here. Of course I read every thread... But I do like seeing the pics and it's great to know that more and more people are making fursuits in South Africa. Although I'm not sure how you can possibly wear them for about 10 months of the year but still nice that they're there.
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

*Raises hoof.* Still following too.
YoteFox

Post by YoteFox »

Rakuen Growlithe wrote:I still read here. Of course I read every thread... But I do like seeing the pics and it's great to know that more and more people are making fursuits in South Africa. Although I'm not sure how you can possibly wear them for about 10 months of the year but still nice that they're there.
I have to say, with the heat we have been experiencing I am wondering if a fullsuit would be a good idea, although winter is quite a long ass time and there are ways to cool down a suit such as aux fans and cooling vests. But also I had the head on at geekfest which was damn hot and it was before I installed the fan, it wasn't that bad. The only time I nearly died of heat was from 12-3 after that it's quite bearable.

Also at rAge I had the fan in and it worked quite well, could wear the head for hours if it was more comfy, the first one was really uncomfy considering all the plastic and what not inside, the new head is very very comfy and has space for a fan in the muzzle. When it gets really bad is when I panicked because of the large amount of people and the feeling of clausetrophobia hit me, then my body generates allot of heat. But I just ran for the first entrance to the LAN area and took off the head.

But also I do understand why so little people attempt at making fursuits. Time, time, time and money. It isn't cheap and it takes allot of time and dedication. I have too much love for the art to just leave it because of those factors. I try to encourage people as much as possible to make their own fursuits it really isn't difficult. Obviously your first attempt won't look as good as Mixed candy but hey, it can only go better from there. You all saw where I began and how I improved.
I'd rather be fursuiting

- Pepper Coyote

YoteFox

Post by YoteFox »

Let's say 99% complete, I messed up a bit with the neck. I didn't measure my shoulders correctly. Apparently my shoulders are broader than 13 inch, which is allot. Also I am considering dry brushing it to give it a bit of depth
I'd rather be fursuiting

- Pepper Coyote

YoteFox

Post by YoteFox »

So we shot the reveal video today, had loads of fun doing it. I'm sure you guys will love it.
I'd rather be fursuiting

- Pepper Coyote

Raven Song
Stealer of Time

Post by Raven Song »

I CANT WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
KinkInZA
Species: Liger

Post by KinkInZA »

so excited to see the reveal let us know when the link to video is ready
“All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake up in the day to find it was vanity, but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.”
T.E. Lawrence
YoteFox

Post by YoteFox »

I'd rather be fursuiting

- Pepper Coyote

Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy

And there was silence.
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~
YoteFox

Post by YoteFox »

I removed it, going to re upload it tomorrow. Was an error with the uploading.
Sorry
I'd rather be fursuiting

- Pepper Coyote

Raven Song
Stealer of Time

Post by Raven Song »

tisk tisk!!!

also when did you change your signature... its adorable :P
YoteFox

Post by YoteFox »

RavenSong wrote:tisk tisk!!!

also when did you change your signature... its adorable :P
I think I changed it Thursday. Thank you ^.^

My computer went off before the upload finished apparently, I wasn't home when it finished
I'd rather be fursuiting

- Pepper Coyote

NikNak
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: Wolf
Region: KZN and Eastern Cape

Post by NikNak »

OMG it looks EPIC!!! sorry i haven't been on in a while just been really busy with school & life and problems that have been solved so I should be on more often now :D
YoteFox

Post by YoteFox »

Struggling with copyright... Fucksakes people can be anal about stupid shit like this
I'd rather be fursuiting

- Pepper Coyote

Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy

Yup, copyright laws are a complete mess and mostly serve to harm the public's interest. Not saying they are all bad but they are taken too far to the extreme.
~John Stuart Mill~

~John Milton~
YoteFox

Post by YoteFox »

Rakuen Growlithe wrote:Yup, copyright laws are a complete mess and mostly serve to harm the public's interest. Not saying they are all bad but they are taken too far to the extreme.
The thing is the copyright claim is from some or another EDM claimant. The song is originally Copyright free from the creator. It's fucking childish in my opinion.
I'd rather be fursuiting

- Pepper Coyote

YoteFox

Post by YoteFox »

I give up for today with uploading the video, I'll try again tomorrow. Apparently the one song used in the video is copyrighted to no end and the owner is a bit of a childish dick scumbag and won't let me use the song for 5 seconds.
I'd rather be fursuiting

- Pepper Coyote

YoteFox

Post by YoteFox »

I'm thinking of revealing the head then later posting the video, either way I'm sure you will all still get a kick out of the video
Attachments
20160121_085153.jpg
20160121_085204.jpg
20160124_201818.jpg
I'd rather be fursuiting

- Pepper Coyote

YoteFox

Post by YoteFox »

Hope you all like my work ^.^
Been a hell of allot of work but so worth it
Attachments
20160125_190433.jpg
20160125_190405.jpg
20160125_190351.jpg
20160125_190346.jpg
20160125_190341.jpg
I'd rather be fursuiting

- Pepper Coyote