My attempt

Got a fursuit to show off? Want advice on how to make one or where to get one? Feel the need to share pictures of your new wolf T-shirt? What about cute plushie or pair of fluffy ears? This is the place.

Moderator: YoteFox

Sudan Red
Sexual preference: Straight
Species: Lion
Region: Gauteng

Re: My attempt

Post by Sudan Red »

I've seen other suiters pad out their butts a bit too to enhance the digitigrade look. You try? You liiike?
YoteFox
Species: Arctic Sabre Fox

Post by YoteFox »

Sudan Red wrote:I've seen other suiters pad out their butts a bit too to enhance the digitigrade look. You try? You liiike?
I've tried that approach and I struggle with getting the padding just right. It felt horribly uncomfortable the last time I tried to do it, but that being said the last time I used stiff foam and not the soft pillow padding I use now
I'd rather be fursuiting

Suit up and it will make you feel better
- Pepper Coyote

People get built different. We don't need to figure it out, we just need to respect it. Maybe he likes his company more than I like mine - Princess Bubblegum
SilverFox12578
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Grey Fox

Post by SilverFox12578 »

Wow! Looks it really cool Yote! :P
The fullsuit is going to look awesome!! :D
-Be Crazy
-Be Weird
-Be Awesome
-Be Yourself :)

Telegram: @Silverfox12578. YouTube: SilverFox. Deviantart: Silverfox12578.
YoteFox

Post by YoteFox »

Hi all!

I know I've been quiet for a bit, some things happened... I'd rather not speak of it.
Anyhow I bit the bullet today and bought the fur I need to finish my suit, I'm going to start tonight to build the final product. I'm going to try my best to start tonight at least, I didn't get a lot of sleep last night.

My goal is to finish this by rAge. I also have to study a fuckton before rAge as well so this is going to be a tight squeeze.
I'd rather be fursuiting

- Pepper Coyote

People get built different. We don't need to figure it out, we just need to respect it. Maybe he likes his company more than I like mine - Princess Bubblegum
Valerion
Alpha Wolf
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: Werewolf

Post by Valerion »

YoteFox wrote:Hi all!

I know I've been quiet for a bit, some things happened... I'd rather not speak of it.
Anyhow I bit the bullet today and bought the fur I need to finish my suit, I'm going to start tonight to build the final product. I'm going to try my best to start tonight at least, I didn't get a lot of sleep last night.

My goal is to finish this by rAge. I also have to study a fuckton before rAge as well so this is going to be a tight squeeze.
Good luck!
CyntheWightRabbit

Post by CyntheWightRabbit »

Ditto. I'm sure everything will end fine though.
Sarcasm in the lowest form of wit.
YoteFox

Post by YoteFox »

I'm very hard at work with the suit now... It should be done tonight or tomorrow
I'd rather be fursuiting

- Pepper Coyote

Nasheera

Post by Nasheera »

YASNESS
YoteFox

Post by YoteFox »

Worked like hell on this, like building a puzzle with a few hick ups.
I'm tired AF but I'm happy with my progress. I'll post more as I progress tomorrow.
Attachments
IMG-20160927-WA0006.jpeg
20160927_163701.jpg
20160927_174252.jpg
IMG-20160927-WA0009.jpeg
IMG-20160927-WA0020.jpeg
I'd rather be fursuiting

- Pepper Coyote

YoteFox

Post by YoteFox »

My back is fucked from working on the floor
I'd rather be fursuiting

- Pepper Coyote

Sudan Red

Post by Sudan Red »

Looks very promising! The things we do for art!
YoteFox

Post by YoteFox »

So I finished about 80% of the primary stitching today, just to realize I seem to have missed a few seams and the body went skew :roll:

So anyway I was planning on finishing it off tonight but with this setback it might take a few days longer. But I got super excited when I put it on with the head, the handpaws and tail and realised I am wearing a freaking fursuit. Something I've been dreaming off for so long.

I will upload pictures tomorrow if I get time. So far I had it on a few times and damn, just damn I love it.
I'd rather be fursuiting

- Pepper Coyote

Sudan Red

Post by Sudan Red »

Exciting times! Remember to wear some under-armour at least to help keep you cool & comfy!
YoteFox

Post by YoteFox »

I had an amazing time at rAge with the suit. I was really nervous about going out in public with the fullsuit for the first time but boy it was incredible!
I literally finished it the night before rAge sort of finished it xD
It's in a presentable state, I still need to do the secondary stitching on the body, put the velcro in for the padding since the padding kept moving underneath and I have a little something I want to add to the chest that I will reveal once I have done it. I also need to finish off the feetpaws. Also keep an eye on my YouTube Channel. rAge fursuit coverage video is also coming soon!
photo_2016-10-11_14-24-40.jpg
photo_2016-10-11_14-25-09.jpg
photo_2016-10-11_14-25-25.jpg
Since I sweat a lot due to this blasted South African weather and how damned hot it was on that specific day I didn't wait long to disinfect the suit. The longer you wait the higher the risk of black mold and once the old black mold has a grip on your suit it's tickets. Disinfected it with a 70/30 mix of wintergreen rubbing alcohol and water, it smells great!
photo_2016-10-11_14-25-30.jpg
I'd rather be fursuiting

- Pepper Coyote

Sudan Red

Post by Sudan Red »

Yaaaay! Glad that it all went well! Hope to see an article on the experience in Furry Times.
Trace
Snep's Best Doggo
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Wolfdog/Shapeshifter
Region: Other

Post by Trace »

Awesome!
I'm glad that worked out for you.
The suit looks excellent, and I'm sure it's even better in person.
"I change shapes just to hide in this place, but I'm still, I'm still an animal" -Miike Snow, 'Animal'
"Where there's life, there's hope."-Terence
Tocs
The glowing blue panda
Species: Husky

Post by Tocs »

It was an amazing time! The reactions were one of the most interesting parts of the expo though, such a large variety. I wonder if it'll attract any new furs hmm
For the most part, it is pointless to be sad in life.
Because sad spelt backwards is das
And das not good
Love every stranger, the stranger the better
The darker the night, the brighter I glow!
YoteFox

Post by YoteFox »

So I know I've posted this video on a different thread before I just want to for the sake of continuity of the thread also post it here. One day when I revise the thread or whatever the progress of the thread can show my progress as well without having to look for a different thread to find the video. Even though I can find the video in my YouTube channel I'd like the thread here to have some form of continuity

Tocs wrote:It was an amazing time! The reactions were one of the most interesting parts of the expo though, such a large variety. I wonder if it'll attract any new furs hmm
Yeah, a lot of people actually knew what I was wearing to my surprise. People know of furries here, which is awesome!
Sudan Red wrote:Yaaaay! Glad that it all went well! Hope to see an article on the experience in Furry Times.
Yush keep your eyes on the furry times!!
I'd rather be fursuiting

- Pepper Coyote

Valerion
Alpha Wolf
Species: Werewolf

Post by Valerion »

The video is marked as "Not Available". Perhaps recheck the URL?
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

I get "an error occurred" on it.
Attachments
Untitled.png
YoteFox

Post by YoteFox »

I'd rather be fursuiting

- Pepper Coyote