My attempt

Got a fursuit to show off? Want advice on how to make one or where to get one? Feel the need to share pictures of your new wolf T-shirt? What about cute plushie or pair of fluffy ears? This is the place.

Moderator: YoteFox

Neon
Species: Huskeh
Region: Other

Re: My attempt

Post by Neon »

AAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaand I love it! You've outdone yourself on this one Yote. I really think it looks amazing. Kinda jelly that you managed to make something epic like this just by yourself.
Next time I swing by Jozi I definitely want to play around with that head a bit!
YoteFox
Species: Arctic Sabre Fox

Post by YoteFox »

Neon wrote:AAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaand I love it! You've outdone yourself on this one Yote. I really think it looks amazing. Kinda jelly that you managed to make something epic like this just by yourself.
Next time I swing by Jozi I definitely want to play around with that head a bit!
Thanks Neon ^.^
Yeah I was just thinking if someone told me a year ago that I would be responsible for making that I would tell them to shove it XD
You are more than welcome to try it out!
I'd rather be fursuiting

Suit up and it will make you feel better
- Pepper Coyote

People get built different. We don't need to figure it out, we just need to respect it. Maybe he likes his company more than I like mine - Princess Bubblegum
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

Absolutely amazing show of how your skills have improved! Also very cute. :3
YoteFox

Post by YoteFox »

Leeward wrote:Absolutely amazing show of how your skills have improved! Also very cute. :3
Thanks Lee!
My aim was cute with this one ^.^
I'd rather be fursuiting

- Pepper Coyote

People get built different. We don't need to figure it out, we just need to respect it. Maybe he likes his company more than I like mine - Princess Bubblegum
Raven Song
Stealer of Time
Sexual preference: Other
Species: Shapeshifting Anubian

Post by Raven Song »

that's fekking amazing man!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It really looks incredible, and like Leeward said, the improvement is incredible. You're a good example of the more effort you put into something, the more you learn and the better you get.

Way to go man!
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist. Pablo Picasso
YoteFox

Post by YoteFox »

RavenSong wrote:that's fekking amazing man!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It really looks incredible, and like Leeward said, the improvement is incredible. You're a good example of the more effort you put into something, the more you learn and the better you get.

Way to go man!
Thanks Raven ^.^
Still can't believe that is my own work.

Even though this one was faster than my first one, I really knew what I did with this one as opposed to the first one where I just messed around. First one took me over a year to finish with my procrastination and unsureness. Vex took me around 3 months.

Also keep your eyes on this thread, going to attempt the bodysuit soon. That is my next step before the rest will be made as that in my opinion is the most challenging.
I'd rather be fursuiting

- Pepper Coyote

KinkInZA
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Liger

Post by KinkInZA »

great work both your heads looks amazing .
“All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake up in the day to find it was vanity, but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.”
T.E. Lawrence
YoteFox

Post by YoteFox »

KinkInZA wrote:great work both your heads looks amazing .
Thanks man, means allot! ^.^
I'd rather be fursuiting

- Pepper Coyote

YoteFox

Post by YoteFox »

So I officially started work on the body yesterday, been quite tough as I am fighting a virus and I tend to get tired very fast because of it.

I decided to use a premade template Kwik Sew 3713, with a little modification I can make it into a suit.
I am now busy with a dummy suit which I will use the templates of to make the fullsuit. If all goes well I will have the body done by end of February. (Yeah right)

I'll upload pics of everything asap
I'd rather be fursuiting

- Pepper Coyote

Tocs
The glowing blue panda
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: Husky
Region: Gauteng

Post by Tocs »

Just don't let the fursuit get in the way of your health Yote, take as many breaks as you need :)
For the most part, it is pointless to be sad in life.
Because sad spelt backwards is das
And das not good
Love every stranger, the stranger the better
The darker the night, the brighter I glow!
YoteFox

Post by YoteFox »

Tocs wrote:Just don't let the fursuit get in the way of your health Yote, take as many breaks as you need :)
Thanks for your concern Tocs! I went to see the doc and got a 10 day antibiotic prescription, I have 3 days left now and I'm fit as a fiddle now. ^.^

As for an update on my progress, I finished the dummy!!! It feels quite funny lol anyhow I am struggling with the digitigrade legs, I need to fix my padding a bit, looks very blockish.

I am contemplating rather making a plantigrade suit, although I don't like plantigrade.
I'd rather be fursuiting

- Pepper Coyote

YoteFox

Post by YoteFox »

Whoop I got a stroke of genius for the digi legs, but I'll post it here when I have implemented it!

Anyhow I took the head to the braai at Yukons and the most common question I got was cleaning, I am unsure myself about this but what I see that all the fursuiters do is 50/50 mix with rubbing alcohol and water. I am going to try that out as soon as I have my car back to go get the rubbing alcohol.

Getting more and more excited about the fursuit as it was a big hit so far at the braai!

Also as a Edit on the design, I decided to rather go with a dropped crotch instead of it contouring with my actual crotch. Which can prove to get awkward.
I'd rather be fursuiting

- Pepper Coyote

YoteFox

Post by YoteFox »

Necro my own thread?? How dare I XD
Guess yall would want an update, whelp lemme put it like this. This morning I read an advertisement for geekfest and I realised with a shock that it is in a few weeks. I have yet to make my paws and tail and feetpaws for my partial.

This weekend I have a bit of downtime so Imma squeeze some work in on the suit and Tyger will be joining me. Will be trying to make a tutorial video or just a video of it. Will post it on my YouTube page.
I'd rather be fursuiting

- Pepper Coyote

YoteFox

Post by YoteFox »

Geekfest being around the corner I decided I won't go again with an incomplete suit, so this is how far I am with the partial, all that I still need to make is the right hand paw. I decided on skipping on the feet paws for now since I won't have enough time.
I made the tail smaller than usual, I like it for practical reasons, the bigger the tail the more difficult you move around with it.
Hope you all like what I have done, I get quiet because life is killing me at the moment but I need this, really need this.
Anyway please tell me what you guyses and galses thinks mkay ^.^
Attachments
20160502_192918.jpg
20160502_192934.jpg
I'd rather be fursuiting

- Pepper Coyote

Raven Song
Stealer of Time

Post by Raven Song »

Wish I could be there to see it in person!!!
YoteFox

Post by YoteFox »

RavenSong wrote:Wish I could be there to see it in person!!!
Someday miss Raven ^.^
When you coming this side again?
I'd rather be fursuiting

- Pepper Coyote

Raven Song
Stealer of Time

Post by Raven Song »

December hopefully
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

Looking awesome there, Yote! :D
YoteFox

Post by YoteFox »

Thanks! I just realised I should probably have taken pics of the individual items as well lol. I'll take pics of the items and upload tomorrow
I'd rather be fursuiting

- Pepper Coyote

Badge
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: Badgacat

Post by Badge »

That is ridiculously awesome. looks so good Yote.

Badger needs to start planning and such now.
If you take your marker and connect this dot to that one, that one to this one here you will get a really annoyed dalmatian.

The European Badger (meles meles) is known to have a rather large range of vocalisations, though it must be noted he often makes no sense at all.
YoteFox

Post by YoteFox »

Thanks Badge! ^.^
I'd rather be fursuiting

- Pepper Coyote

YoteFox

Post by YoteFox »

It's been a long time since I updated here. With rAge 2016 coming closer I have finally made progress on my suit. The digitigrade legs have been a huge headache and I went through quite a lot of dummy material and even bent one of my machine needles (Tried something and it didn't work).

I'm almost done making my dummy suit, I literally jumped with joy yesterday when I got that damned leg to look like an animal's leg. I'm working after hours to get my suit done. The second I'm happy with the dummy suit I'll be purchasing the fur for the suit. This is where the fun comes in. I've gotten quite a lot of experience from this. Making a bodysuit no longer seems as tedious to me as it once was.

I will upload some images tonight when I work on it. I'm super happy about this. Such a simple solution to such a tedious task. I'll also explain what I did.
I'd rather be fursuiting

- Pepper Coyote

Nasheera

Post by Nasheera »

I can't wait to have a peek at more of your awesome work! :D
YoteFox

Post by YoteFox »

Soon ^.^ I just need to sort out the kinks then I'll post em pics!
Waiting for everyone to go to bed so as to minimise distractions, then I'm going to continue working
I'd rather be fursuiting

- Pepper Coyote

Trace
Snep's Best Doggo
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Wolfdog/Shapeshifter

Post by Trace »

Can't wait to see it! I've really liked what I've seen of your stuff thus far.
Wish I could see your suits in person...
"I change shapes just to hide in this place, but I'm still, I'm still an animal" -Miike Snow, 'Animal'
"Where there's life, there's hope."-Terence
Sudan Red
Sexual preference: Straight
Species: Lion

Post by Sudan Red »

Ooooh developments! Will watch! :)
YoteFox

Post by YoteFox »

Here are a few teasers.

These pics were taken before I made adjustments and new padding.
This is more or less how the suit will look. Obviously with the fur added. I've cut up the dummy suit now for the patterns so I can't take pictures of it anymore XD

I'll add the pictures of the patterns and the furring process as I do it!
Attachments
4.jpg
3.jpg
2.jpg
1.jpg
I'd rather be fursuiting

- Pepper Coyote

Galahad

Post by Galahad »

That looks utterly magnificent, Yote! "Teaser" is correct - it really makes me look forward to the final product. :) Please, keep us updated. Are you going for a digitigrade ("dog-heeled") look?
Nasheera

Post by Nasheera »

That's superb! Those legs are looking pretty nifty :)
YoteFox

Post by YoteFox »

Galahad wrote:That looks utterly magnificent, Yote! "Teaser" is correct - it really makes me look forward to the final product. :) Please, keep us updated. Are you going for a digitigrade ("dog-heeled") look?
Yes! Basically going for the Digi legs look ^.^
This suit isn't hugely digi but I think it's not too bad for a first attempt at making digi legs.

I'm planning on finishing it in this week and doing a reveal video on my YT channel.
I get excited with every step and I think of the final product constantly. I'm going to rAge with the fullsuit.

I'll keep you all updated as much as I can ^.^
I'd rather be fursuiting

- Pepper Coyote