Army Furs

The place to talk about anything just generally furry. If you have a furry-related thread that doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here! Just keep it clean.
Ryall
Spotted Scallywag
Species: Hyena
Region: Gauteng

Army Furs

Post by Ryall »

Is it just me, or are a lot of furs in a military career or related to the military in some way?
Or am I just being delusional? :?

I've noticed this in the international furry community, and it really surprises me - I wouldn't have thought of furs as the militant type. Especially in the US, lots of them serving in the army, full-time and reserves.

That, and I have a US marine and a UK cadet on my limited group of furry contacts. Although I haven't heard from the marine in a while maybe he's in Iraq atm or was KIA or something who knows.

Now, this isn't a complaint: I always coo and aw in delight whenever I see military hardware and I love a good PC game like modern warfare or company of heroes, but it's just an observation. :P
Comments?
Hahaha! :lol:
Gowuffie
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: Whatever you need me to be.
Region: Western Cape

Re: Army Furs

Post by Gowuffie »

No, you are quite correct. I think the biggest contributing factor is that most furries fall in the not-so-well-off category as far as welfare is concerned. Why that is I do not know. Maybe it is because they're anti-social and socially awkward?

That's two reasons why you would join the military; most military doctrine is anti-social by nature and public service institutions, like the military, pretty much accepts anyone who can pull a trigger and then some.

You are most definitely not alone in knowing random military types who are part of the fandom.
Wolfie-DMX
Sexual preference: Bi-mostly gay
Species: Wolf
Region: Gauteng

Re: Army Furs

Post by Wolfie-DMX »

I agree too,

I have met a few British and Americans who are in the army in some way, who are harcore furries :P

I dont have any friends like that though :P, only one who was there a long time ago.

Chiao,
"So kalm soos n dagga walm"

A wise Indian say: "Keep your relationships away from furry fandom; keep furries away from your relationships"

---------------------- Account No longer active ----------------------